Forum home Emotional support

Loss of Appetite & Feeling Sick!

Hello lovely ladies - looking for some advice!

We're just over 3 weeks away from our wedding & in the past week i've been having issues with lack of appetite, and today i've started feeling sick after eating. 

I don't FEEL stressed - i'm conscious we have a lot to do but I feel as though we have it under control & we have a lot of help. Me & my fiancé have really pulled together as a team so I don't feel like we're running out of time etc. 

Did anyone else suffer from feeling this way & if so do you have any tips on dealing with it? I feel like i'm forcing myself to eat when i'm not hungry because I know I have to. 

Help please as I don't think I can deal with feeling like the for another 3 weeks - to make it worse i've also started to have problems sleeping. Not how I imagined my wedding build up to pan out!

• MrsTwizbeMrsTwizbe Posts: 3,352 New bride

Serious question - is there any chance you could be pregnant?

If not it could be stress, but it doesn't sound like it. Could also be nerves - you might be a bit more nervous about the day that you realise.

In terms of dealing with it I would try to eat little and often to keep your blood sugars up.

• MrsE2016MrsE2016 Posts: 1,209 New bride

It would be a very big surprise if I was pregnant! I'm not on the pill but we use protection so it would be very unlikely - and I had a period 2 weeks ago. 

Don't our bodies do weird things - I'm feeling more excited than nervous about the day!

• I get like this sometimes. I've never managed to work out what causes it. My tactic is normally to drink flat coke (helps with nausea and keeps blood sugar up) and eat bananas (the cure for all sick-related illnesses). I know it's all old wives tales but it works for me. Little and often is great advice, stops it feeling like you're forcing yourself to eat. Just a cereal bar here or a piece of toast there so your mind is at ease & you won't faint.

Also, I've never had it for more than 3 days so if it's not stress related, it may well pass. 

Hope you feel better soon :)

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • bella2015bella2015 Posts: 1,903 New bride

I get this quite often too. It just seems to come in waves with no real cause/reason.

Have some snacks handy like plain crackers and rich tea biscuits that you can snack on.

Also try Sturgeron tablets (you can buy from the chemist) which will help with the nausea.

• MrsS85MrsS85 Posts: 688 New bride

Sometimes I think our bodies crack first and show signs of stress even if our minds are telling us its ok. Listen to your body, as others have said eat whatever you fancy and eat light meals often. try and make some time each day to just chill, maybe some exercise or a bath at night to help you sleep. Good luck and have a great wedding day.

• MrsE2016MrsE2016 Posts: 1,209 New bride

Plenty of good advice there Kitten2014!

I'm trying to listen to my body - i've eased off on exercising too much (I was exercising 6 days a week, sometimes twice a day but now i'm keeping active but not putting too much pressure on myself to attend classes/get up early etc if I don't feel like it) - i'm really conscious of not losing too much weight which in turn is maybe making me feel the way I am? 

I'm trying to eat healthily but sneaking in treats as thats the only thing I can stomach at some points. Will definitely try and fit in a massage or two in the next couple of weeks - maybe I can use this as an excuse to persuade the other half to get a Sausage dog?! 

The good thing is that as we get closer to the day we're making more time for each other - including having a lot more sex! (probably TMI - sorry) so hopefully that will stop me getting any worse. 

Will definitely take the advice on supplements to help me sleep also - thank you :-)