What is the going rate for a photographer?

2»

• CherryCokeQueen wrote (see post):

I think the only thing you can do really is find one within budget and then ask to see photographs of some of their previous weddings. I still haven't found a photographer BUT I have found some that have really out of focus pictures which I really don't want for my day so I've managed to rule them out.

I will certainly ask to see previous work before deciding to book anyone :) it appears to be one of those things that really difficult to do on a budget. 

• Lexi90Lexi90 Posts: 971

I have noticed that location does influence price. I kept seeing budgets for venues in magazines and wondered why I couldn't see anything that cheap for those kind of venues (I live down south). I soon realised for forums etc. that up North those beautiful venues were available for much less.

With photographers I do agree about doing research. We couldn't afford to spend a fortune either. In the end weve gone with a great photographer, she's been doing it for many years but doesn't believe photography should cost a fortune and does a limited number a year. Lots of people tell her she should charge more. She's already booked up for 3 weekends in our month which is May 2018. Whilst she does do a package including prints, we decided to go for USB only for £600. We felt it meant we could take time and print the photos we wanted and at a cheaper price. 

• Lexi90 wrote (see post):

I have noticed that location does influence price. I kept seeing budgets for venues in magazines and wondered why I couldn't see anything that cheap for those kind of venues (I live down south). I soon realised for forums etc. that up North those beautiful venues were available for much less.

With photographers I do agree about doing research. We couldn't afford to spend a fortune either. In the end weve gone with a great photographer, she's been doing it for many years but doesn't believe photography should cost a fortune and does a limited number a year. Lots of people tell her she should charge more. She's already booked up for 3 weekends in our month which is May 2018. Whilst she does do a package including prints, we decided to go for USB only for £600. We felt it meant we could take time and print the photos we wanted and at a cheaper price. 

I definetly want to go without prints as that seemingly adds a lot to the price. finding a venue we liked in the north west for our budget did prove impossible so we are getting married in Yorkshire but I imagine if we lived down south we d have gotten married in a registry office :p

• Wedding videography free of charge (to build up portfolio)

Hi all  Im not sure who would be interested but me and two other filmmakers have recently started a film company, and we are looking to build up our portfolio for weddings. At the moment our portfolios are mostly based around commercials, events and music videos.( which I would be happy to share with you) Anyways if anyone need a wedding videographer we would be happy to do it free as charge and possibly maybe you could cover expense if its outside London. We have very professional camera and audio equipment (probably some of the best dlsr camera out there at the moment) message me if your interested

raphael.b[email protected]

thank you 

• Futuremrsb95 wrote (see post):

Originally I had budgeted to ask fi's wedding videographer aquaintances to do it for us for a certain amount and a meal and hotel for them but they aren't willing to do just photos.

So am now wondering how much I need to find in the budget for a photographer? And if going without one and having friends take some is worth the risk?

I would suggest you to hire a professional photographer and videographer rather than having friends to take your wedding photographs and videos. You can refer this article regarding the cost of wedding photographers and videographers https://baciphotography.wordpress.com/2016/11/06/cost-of-wedding-videographer/

• I  realise this is quite an old thread but if you are still looking for a photographer I would love to help you out if I can.

I photographed my first wedding recently and I am looking to build my portfolio. 

As such, I am willing to work at reduced rates for a while to get established.

Some sample photos from the previous wedding are here: www.watkinsphoto.co.uk/Weddings

Richard.

• From reading all the posts, I would say try and seek a photography student willing to expand their portfolio. Most will do for free if you pay for their travel and if you do pay them won't be much x

• There are photographers, as people have mentioned, that do different packages. I do a really good 3-5 hour range of packages and when I am there is completely up to you.

Have a look at my work:

www.visionairephotography.co.uk

Hope I can help

• KcwhalesKcwhales Posts: 4

I am a professional photographer based in London /Kent. Am happy to travel anywhere at an extra cost. I offer different packages to match every budget and provide crispy clear images. Prices starts at 100 pounds per hour or 650 for 7hrs photography with customised usb.please check my works on Instagram and Facebook.

Thanks

Powerful Creations Photography
    whatever the occasion... we can make it spectacular
    [email protected]
    http://instagram.com/mrpowerfulcreations
    http://www.mrpowerfulcreations.com/

• KcwhalesKcwhales Posts: 4

I am a professional photographer based in London /Kent. Am happy to travel anywhere at an extra cost. I offer different packages to match every budget and provide crispy clear images. Prices starts at 100 pounds per hour or 650 for 7hrs photography with customised usb.please check my works on Instagram and Facebook.

Thanks

Powerful Creations Photography
    whatever the occasion... we can make it spectacular
    [email protected]
    http://instagram.com/mrpowerfulcreations
    http://www.mrpowerfulcreations.com/

• I am a photographer based in east anglia wanting to improve my body of work. I am looking for a couple who are willing to hire me for some engagement shots, and potentially I can shoot your wedding. Ideally you will be a young, relaxed, cool, alternative couple and looking for something a little different for your shots.

I enjoy the aesthetics and shooting on 35mm as well as digital.

If you wish to see my work feel free to visit my website and my instagram linked below.

I will offer a very low price for my work as this will benefit my portfolio, please not this will be my first engagement/wedding.

contact details are on my website. 

Joseph

www.josephdyates.com

www.instagram.com/josephyjosephy

• Gemma369Gemma369 Posts: 1

http://www.wedbox.com/   

This is is what I’ll be using. Everyone takes photos on their smart phones anyway, so I’ll get them too! Cheap and cheerful!!! 

• Our photographer is charging £160 for just a few posed photos on a memory stick. I was going to just get a friend to take pix on her phone, but tried a site called bidvine. You say what you are looking to pay for services and people offer them. 

2»