Forum home Wedding fashion

Custom made veil?

Hi girls, 

First post here, so forgive me if I've put it in the wrong place. I've found my perfect wedding dress and I bought it- ON sale and its just Perfect- at the front. The problem is its plain as day at the back. I am contemplating buying a second dress and having a dressmaker/milliner turn it into a matching veil. Problem is I don't know where to look to find said person? I also need it to be inexpensive. 

Any ideas/recommendations? 

• MrsDee7MrsDee7 Posts: 272 New bride

Congrats on finding your dress!

I'm not sure I fully understand what you mean - you're really happy with the dress at the front, but you think the back is too plain so you plan to buy another dress (the same dress again...?) and have it made into a veil/ Is that what you mean?

• Yes that's exactly what I mean.

There is a lot of beading on the front of my dress and I think it would be easier for a headdress maker to turn a dress into a veil than to try and replicate it. I'll attach a photo so it might make more sense. 

Inline image 1

Inline image 2

Inline image 3

• MrsDee2B wrote (see post):

Congrats on finding your dress!

I'm not sure I fully understand what you mean - you're really happy with the dress at the front, but you think the back is too plain so you plan to buy another dress (the same dress again...?) and have it made into a veil/ Is that what you mean?

Thanks for your reply- please see above

• MrsJ2017MrsJ2017 Posts: 3,017

The images dont work for me, but does it have to match? Will dress fabric not be too heavy for a veil?

You could get any veil with nice details in it and itd be a lot easier and less matchy matchy than making it from a dress.