Forum home Wedding fashion

Dress Help Please!

Hi ladies, this is my first post although I've been stalking the threads for a few days! I'd really appreciate some opinions on these dresses please.

We're getting married in Las Vegas next summer at The Bellagio. I know I don't have to buy yet but I like to be organised and love both of these dresses. I'm usually good at making decisions but I keep swinging back and forth between the two!

Both dresses need altering, the first is too small, it should do up at the back. The second dress is too big but I could buy the sample at a discount which makes it cheaper than the first dress although not greatly.

• VegasLouVegasLou Posts: 820 New bride

I will also add that the thing that worries me a bit with the first dress is the boob on show. I never have them showing, it's hard to tell how it would look when it's fitting properly and if they would still be so prominent! 

• MrsJ2017MrsJ2017 Posts: 3,017

I thought they were the same dress at first! 🙈 I prefer the first.

I think from what I can see the boob situation looks like there wont be much difference once they fit. The second one only seems to have slightly more coverage, and it seems to be because its too big.

• I prefer the second. I think the front is a bit more flattering, but that might just be because the 1st doesn't fit. Both beautiful though and you will look amazing in either of them 😊

• wed172Bwed172B Posts: 1,258

I prefer the first one :)

• SammykateSammykate Posts: 4,014 New bride

I prefer the 2nd! It's more dramatic and I love the train. But I like both so I don't think you can go wrong with either!

• I prefer the second!

Thank you all, I'm going to go and try them both on again I think. See how I feel second time around.

• Lexi90Lexi90 Posts: 971

I can see why your finding it difficult, particularly as they are both similar and gorgeous! 

I think in your size the first one would be my favourite, your figure looks great in it and I agree the boobs would be fine once it fitted. The back is also really beautiful.

I did find it hard to choose though, so either will look stunning! 

• MrsG2bxxMrsG2bxx Posts: 868

First one for me xxxx

• Yay a Vegas wedding! My favourite is the second  Both look quite form fitting though, have you thought about the Vegas heat? My friend got married at the Chapel of the Flowers in September, an we were sweatttyyyy in light summer dresses!

• Hi,

Both are lovely and quite similar but I prefer the 2nd as I think the 1st is a bit revealing for me personally. But whatever you choose will look gorgeous. x

• I love the train on the second one and it really flatters your figure! The first one also really suits you but the second one gets my vote :)

Thank you again everyone😘

Tatan yes I know it will be hot. We've picked the latest time slot we can to get married. We are getting married by the fountain so will be outdoors but the ceromony isn't very long. Hoping we'll be ok!

• Blush2018Blush2018 Posts: 554 New bride

I'm going to be awkward and say that I love the front of the first one best, but the back of the second one best!

I like that the underneather of the back of 2nd dress is the same length as the lace overlay and the shape of the train. But i'm not a lover of fishtail style dresses so prefer the drop on the front of the 1st dress. (I'm also indecisive!)

• Kelly224Kelly224 Posts: 962 New bride

Both gorgeous but if I had to choose I would go for the second one.

Good luck deciding

• Becky104Becky104 Posts: 8

I prefer the shape of the second, it's more dramatic and you look gorgeous in it! X

Thank you ladies. I'm thinking the second one. I'm going back on Tuesday to try them on again😊

• KerryL82KerryL82 Posts: 97

I prefer the first one. The straps and shape of the dress really make it! :)