After All This Time.... Our June 2019 wedding

• PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT 

so I’m self employed, a dance teacher, my proud moment is I built my own school from nothing to now 70 students in 2.5years - anyway I’ve sat and worked out holidays for next year (we usually have the school holidays off) for hen, Wedding, honeymoon etc (I work Saturday mornings) so Because we won’t be completely in line with school holidays I wanted to give as much notice as possible to the parents :) 

I also worked out that there are 65 weeks until W-Day!! That feels alot closer than 460 days haha! 

Also, Im super excited as I got offered a place on the Masters course with the Royal Academy of Dance for their Masters in Dance Education! I’ve deferred my start date until Sept 2019, so I have no distraction, but it’ll be a welcome ‘new project’ after the wedding! 

• J’s shoes and shirt 

As gifts, Ive bought J his shirt and shoes.

I got the email his shoes were ready from the shoe maker yesterday so we went and collected them today. Hand dyed with a subtle ‘wood grain effect‘ and with our date on them, they’re one of a kind 

I also ordered his his shirt from a bespoke tailor, which he got to choose all elements himself, this was delivered today

So he is all set now, just needs his tie :) 

We also managed to order his mums tartan in ribbon for the buttonholes and also a swatch of the tartan so J can wear it in his pocket square or maybe have a leaf cut out and incorporated in his buttonhole or something :)

• ruthie1979ruthie1979 Posts: 794

Oh love the shoes! Really nice idea for a gift xx

• Afternoon tea visit, a change 2 new ideas and a possible top up

we went for afternoon tea at our venue a week or so ago, they had an open day so we took Js parents to see it. I got very tipsy on the free prosecco! 

We got to try the canapés which were amazing and Js parents loved the place.

they had a few of their preferred suppliers there, so our photographer was there and we’ve decided we may upgrade our package to include a projection of some images from the day fully edited on the evening.

we loved one of the suppliers who set up ‘stations’ a soda one, chocolate one and snack one - the hotel are very open to outside catering as long as we use their for the main food. So the soda station is mocktails in big kilner jars (so non drinkers don’t need to pay for drinks and people can buy a shot and top it up with the mocktails) the chocolate station is choc dipped fruit and treats and the snack station is like typical bar snacks - so we’ve booked that! 

Were both from families who love food and we’ve got a football team and a rugby team coming....

our change is that I cancelled our glitter artist as I was worried it would take up a lot of space (especially now we have the stations) and it may not be used,. So I’ve swapped this out for a DIY one that can be left in the ladies room maybe or near by (not discounting the gents but I think it’s more of a ladies thing until the drink has flown a bit haha) 

finally, we toyed With the idea of an ice cream cart for quite a while, some venues we looked at included it. Anyway I’ve booked one instead of welcome drinks for our evening guests, it will be small cones/tubs served around 630-7pm and then hog roast At 9pm and everything else around and about 

• minimoon

Ive booked our minimoon today - well part 1 anyway! 

Because we’re doing NYC for two weeks, we figured we’d like a relax when we get home! So I’ve just booked The Indulgence Suite at Cranleigh Boutique in th Lake District for 2 nights in July :) 

im then planning to book a spa break at the end of July a little closer to home - we love a good spa 

• GinAndBlingGinAndBling Posts: 1,279 New bride

Gosh just caught up- you are so organised! I need to pull my finger out.... 

Our planning thread: We're completely winging it.

My weightloss thread: Diet denial! 
  • GinAndBling wrote (see post):

Organised or silly? Haha! 

• MrsS85MrsS85 Posts: 688 New bride

All your plans sound lovely and congratulations to you on your business and being accepted for your Masters. Like you said it will be nice to have a new challenge to get your teeth into after the wedding.

• My evening dress has been dispatched! 

• Just wanted to show everyone our minimoon venue ..... I’m so so so excited! 

https://youtu.be/RCbQC8s9nFc

• wedding rings

so in August we are off to Edinburgh to do a make your own wedding rings workshop! I’ve just paid the balance and our gold has been ordered in and is now paid for! 

im so excited, we’re both going for quite simple plain bands, court shape, 9ct white gold, mine will be 3mm Js will be 6mm; on the day I’ll be making his and he’ll make mine :) 

Afterallthistime wrote (see post):
    GinAndBling wrote (see post):

Organised or silly? Haha! 

Organised for sure! 

• MrsCToBeeMrsCToBee Posts: 2,596 New bride
    MichBee2B wrote (see post):

As promised, I looked in Tesco last night and they have these:

Nice big hurricane lantern style vases! They had a big display of them near the flowers. It's a Tesco Extra store. 

Just reading your thread.....I also saw this deal in Tesco, they were one of the first wedding bits I bought, I've got a box with about 15 in in my shed!

• MrsCToBee wrote (see post):
    MichBee2B wrote (see post):

As promised, I looked in Tesco last night and they have these:

Nice big hurricane lantern style vases! They had a big display of them near the flowers. It's a Tesco Extra store. 

Just reading your thread.....I also saw this deal in Tesco, they were one of the first wedding bits I bought, I've got a box with about 15 in in my shed!

Hahahahah! luckily for me, J has a spare room..... it is now dubbed the Wedding Room! 

• Progress

so a few updates, my evening dress arrived, whether I wear it or not is another question lol I need to lose some weight and its also not a dress it’s a skirt & top so I need to tone the abs back up!

i bought the card to start printing & making invites 

I’ve cut the music for our first dance today, i can start choreography now....

• So here’s my second ’dress’ it’s really badly creased, I couldn’t do the back up and I want to have some tulle added as an overlay on the skirt. 

Im booked in with my seamstress on 8th June (1year to go... woooo) to look at both my day dress and evening one to see and cost up what needs doing - my actual fittings will all be booked in then too! Eeeek! 

pics deleted

• Guest list woes

so our invitations haven’t even gone out yet and 6 people have given us their apologies haha!

• I can have 3 honeymoons right? 

I am now looking at booking a familymoon also, so we have NYC and the lakes, now I’m thinking of adding Disneyland Paris.... cant wait.... Recon I can get away with just married ears 12 weeks after the wedding? 

Haha why not?

We're hopefully having 2 honeymoons depending on finances! We are hoping to go to New York just the two of us for a few days. Then a familymoon - we were originally thinking Mexico but have realised our son will probably be too young to cope with a flight that long so may stick to Europe instead for now.

• our first guests have booked their rooms at the hotel!!!

• Currently in our hotel room in edinburgh as we’re doing our Make your own wedding ring workshop tomorrow! Excited! 

• Sian91Sian91 Posts: 829 New bride

Ah exciting! We did ours a few weeks ago and it was so much fun! 

• So I haven't updated in a while, there's been lots of things going on. 
    First of all, our honeymoon plans changed, were having a baby next month, so no new York for us, and we had to move our lake district minimoon forward so we did The Cranleigh Hotel in October which was amazing! We are still doing Disneyland Paris but with all 3 kids in August and I've just booked the Marcella Royal in Rome for me hubs and baby boy the weekend after the wedding (the girls will be with their dad) 

We moved house, condensed 2 homes into one whilst heavily pregnant and just before Christmas! 

We made our wedding rings back in August in Edinburgh which was an amazing experience, we used Make Your Own wedding Rings, started with 2 lengths of white gold and finished with 2 beautiful rings, I made his and he made mine :) 

My adult bridesmaids all have their dresses now, as do my little ones, and baby has his teeny tiny suit and teeny buttonhole. 

My dresses are with the dressmaker and fittings booked in for April and May, so a couple of months to loose the baby weight (wish me luck) 

Still need to sort the men's suits which will hopefully be next week! 

Booking to give notice when we register bubs birth, all wedding vows/readings etc ready to be sent in. 

Day invitations have been sent out and rsvps starting to come back, I need to get the evening ones made and order of the days done before baby arrives.... best get a move on! 

Had our 6 month out meeting with the venue and decided all food etc, apparently I'm very organised and laid back! 

Booked final meeting with photographer, started paying off suppliers, and possibly adding another haha, face painting/glitter tattoos/ bling bar.... I debated the idea a while ago then decided against it but now I want it again! 

Phew, I think that's everything!
  • Canapes, Food and all that jazz 
    So we decided all of our food choices at the venue meeting, 

Drinks: prosecco/bottle of beer on arrival, 2 glasses of wine (red/white/rose) with meal and prosecco for toast 

Canapes: mini sausage and black pudding on a stick, Greek on a stick, mini Caesar salad, chicken won tons & tempura prawns 

Wedding breakfast: carrot & coriander soup, mango sorbet, sirloin of need with yorkshire pudding horseradish tartlet veg and gravy, Apple crumble and custard then tea/coffee with brownies (our cake) 

Evening food: ice cream cart on arrival, hot pork sandwiches & roast potatoes, cheese and crackers (our other cake) chocolate station and snack station 
  • Updated Entertainment 
    so we have our pianist throughout guests arrival, ceremony & wedding breakfast 
    Magician during the drinks reception 
    Singing waiter to crash wedding breakfast and do small 30 min set in the evening 
    Photo booth, VR race car, snack station, chocolate station, ice cream cart, soda station & glitter & bling bar on the evening! 

I'm so excited! 
  • MrsCarnegieMrsCarnegie Posts: 463 New bride
    I have just totally binged your entire thread. You're so organised, it's wonderful. Your wedding sounds amazing and congratulations on your little baby boy xxx 
  • I had a baby! I had a rough time of it but after a scary time Thomas entered the world via emergency cat 1 section on 15th February , weighing 7lbs3 and we are utterly in love! 
    I took some time away from wedding planning but I'm back on it now with my sidekick! 

All of our invitations are put, waiting on 3 daytime rsvps and alot of evening ones still! 
    I've printed all of the inserts for the order of the day, it just all needs putting together.
    Final venue meeting is booked
    Final florist meeting is booked so I can drop off the ribbons and Lego and centrepiece bits
    Final photography meeting is booked 
    Hair and Make up trials are next week 
    Dress alterations/fittings start in 2 weeks 
    Our ceremony wording choices, readings and vows have been sent in and accepted by the registrars 
    Our pianist has our song choices (and is making us CDs with her versions of them on) 
    I've submitted our song requests the the singing waiters 

Our song choices for the ceremony
    Entrance-  a bespoke mash up of Ellie Gouldings How long will I love you (bridesmaids) and Phantom of the Operas Music of the night (me) 
    Siging of the register - Mumford & sons - guiding light, Jamie Lawson- wasn't expecting that and Paramore - Only Exception 
    Exit - Greend Day - Good Riddance 

First dance - bespoke mash up of Have I told you lately that I love you (van morroson) Dive ( ed) and Hands down (dashboard confessional) I need to finish the choreography for this!!!! 
    J and his mum - a simple man 
    Me and the kids - A million Dreams/ Dear Theodosia 
    Last song of the night- closing time by semisonic 
  • Congratulations!!! I'm pleased you're doing well now, sorry to hear it was scary. Sending lots of love!! 

Love the plans, and its a really cool idea to have mash ups of the sings! 
    Congratulations on your new arrival!! Love your song choices. It's all coming together now. 

Ah congrats, as a fellow emergency C Section mum I feel your pain, literally!
    All sounds fabulous and you are very organised, luckily when they are tiny they sleep loads so you can crack on a bit!