Forum home General chat

Wedding Rings

So my last thing to do and i can really sympathise with our OH. It seems to be such a big decision and something i don' feel equipped to do.

would love you see your wedding rings as inspiration 

xx

• SadieeeSadieee Posts: 1,781 New bride

This is mine, it is slighty shaped to fit around my ER.

H2B hasn't chosen his yet but likes ones that have a mix of yellow and white gold.image

• Sian91Sian91 Posts: 829 New bride

We're both having 14ct gold (to match my engagement ring), and have chosen to have a brushed finish. I didn't like the look of shiny gold against my diamond inset band (you can barely tell it's gold when it's on), and have chosen a wishbone shape. 

H2B ring is a heavy court, he has quite long slender fingers and needed at least 6mm or it looked a bit lost. Have you been to try any on?

• MrsCToBeeMrsCToBee Posts: 2,957 New bride

I have bought an 18 ct white gold, 0.25 carat diamond half eternity ring, which was an amazing price in the sale a few weeks ago. 

I am a bit in love with this ring from Beaverbrooks but I don't really want to spend that much!

• Issa19unionIssa19union Posts: 123 New bride
    MrsCToBee wrote (see post):

I have bought an 18 ct white gold, 0.25 carat diamond half eternity ring, which was an amazing price in the sale a few weeks ago. 

I am a bit in love with this ring from Beaverbrooks but I don't really want to spend that much!

Ooosh I agree, that beaverbrookes ring is beautiful but yours is equally. I love a classic look and will be looking for something similar

• MrsCToBeeMrsCToBee Posts: 2,957 New bride
    Issa19union wrote (see post):
    MrsCToBee wrote (see post):

Ooosh I agree, that beaverbrookes ring is beautiful but yours is equally. I love a classic look and will be looking for something similar

Thanks - the one I've bought is very classic, my only concern is that the band is very thin, about 1.5 - 2mm - will it wear through over the years?  My engagement ring is thicker but I have really short fingers and couldn't cope with 2 chunky rings!

• Elz2017Elz2017 Posts: 316

We've gone for hammered white gold rings, made by a lady who uses historic tools. We both fell in love with them, and they are even better in real life - the texture is gorgeous. Found the supplier on etsy - it's worth a look on there if you want something a bit bespoke.

• Elz2017 wrote (see post):

We've gone for hammered white gold rings, made by a lady who uses historic tools. We both fell in love with them, and they are even better in real life - the texture is gorgeous. Found the supplier on etsy - it's worth a look on there if you want something a bit bespoke.

Really love those rings! Do you have the name of the seller on Etsy? 

• Elz2017Elz2017 Posts: 316
    Futuremrsj2019 wrote (see post):
    Elz2017 wrote (see post):

Really love those rings! Do you have the name of the seller on Etsy? 

Thanks! I truly can't wait to wear mine. The seller is firewhite, she has a website as well if you google! She's brilliant with communication. We also looked at the molten rings - gorgeous.

• Elz2017 wrote (see post):

Lovely rings, we have found ours on etsy as well xx

• We've gone with a local jewellery designer and her husband to make our rings. I've gone with a plain 18CT rose gold band to match the little bevel on my engagement ring. 

Other half has gone with a titanium band with Arizona Desert Ironwood on the inside.

<h3 class="r"> </h3>
  • KatharynKatharyn Posts: 17

We went for traditional rings: sleek, gold bands. We both like a classic style and we thought our rings should exude that kind of personality. We agreed to make the rings a little bigger than our fingers at the time. Because the stress of the wedding preparations and all of our work to make our wedding a successful one had made both of us thin. We had the rings measured for times in the future when we would return to our normal shapes. :) It's better to have a wedding ring that is loose than to have a wedding ring that is too tight.