October 2018 - An Unconventional London Wedding

• Those donuts are amazing! Where are they from? X

• You look beautiful.I absolutely love your style.Red lippy is my favourite too and thats the look i usually go for everyday.Nice cover-up. Where did you buy yours if you dont mind me asking.I get wed in July,winter where I am and I am looking for something like this to keep me warm.

• MrsGtoBMrsGtoB Posts: 712 New bride

Absolutely love your shrug on!! 

Your guests will bloody love you for those doughnuts. My little girl is dairy intolerant so I take her own cake to all parties as fruit just doesn’t match. I’ve never ever been offered a desert for her that’s not fruit even with advance notice 

• Just caught up.

First off your venue is amazing. The freedom to choose whatever food you want. That prop room. If we were getting married in London, I know where I would want to do it.

Then. Your hotel that staircase. Fabulous. Your pictures will be amazing.

I like the idea of your DIY project.. I can't wait to see what it turns out like.

Finally. You are do organised. Can't believe you're already notifying and planning your food. I'm getting married in October and feel way behind. I don't even have a cake yet. 

Oh those doughnuts look delicious by the way

• MrsK2018 wrote (see post):

You look beautiful.I absolutely love your style.Red lippy is my favourite too and thats the look i usually go for everyday.Nice cover-up. Where did you buy yours if you dont mind me asking.I get wed in July,winter where I am and I am looking for something like this to keep me warm.

It's from Biba from Debenhams. I got it in the sale so I'm not sure if they're still doing them, but it really is lovely! 

• MrsGtoB wrote (see post):

Absolutely love your shrug on!! 

Your guests will bloody love you for those doughnuts. My little girl is dairy intolerant so I take her own cake to all parties as fruit just doesn’t match. I’ve never ever been offered a desert for her that’s not fruit even with advance notice 

I can imagine how annoying that must be, especially for a kid! Yeah, its super important to us that everyone gets something good to eat, regardless of dietary requirements. I used to be veggie and when visiting family in Germany the only things I would ever get offered were potatoes and cheese, which got mega boring after a while, so I totally get it! 

• DandelionBlue wrote (see post):

Just caught up.

First off your venue is amazing. The freedom to choose whatever food you want. That prop room. If we were getting married in London, I know where I would want to do it.

Then. Your hotel that staircase. Fabulous. Your pictures will be amazing.

I like the idea of your DIY project.. I can't wait to see what it turns out like.

Finally. You are do organised. Can't believe you're already notifying and planning your food. I'm getting married in October and feel way behind. I don't even have a cake yet. 

Oh those doughnuts look delicious by the way

Oh you're back! I was beginning to wonder where you had got to :) And yeah, I'm being crazy organised - I want to get all my ducks in a row early on, so I have much less to worry about later so the pressure is off a bit if that makes sense. I want to be able to be excited in the last few months, rather than having to stress about vendors and doing a million DIY projects etc. I may be being hugely naive, but I'm hoping it works out that way! 

• weatherwaxeweatherwaxe Posts: 848 New bride

My cake toppers have arrived and I love them: 

They also came beautifully packaged with some lovely blue and silver confetti and a necklace which I wasn't expecting: 

In other news since I stopped Slimming World and just started calorie counting again I've lost 7.5 lbs. In two weeks!! It's clearly a much better fit for me, even if I did end up getting accidentally drunk last night when one beer turned into 6. Oh dear! 

• ruthie1979ruthie1979 Posts: 794
    weatherwaxe wrote (see post):

My cake toppers have arrived and I love them: 

They also came beautifully packaged with some lovely blue and silver confetti and a necklace which I wasn't expecting: 

In other news since I stopped Slimming World and just started calorie counting again I've lost 7.5 lbs. In two weeks!! It's clearly a much better fit for me, even if I did end up getting accidentally drunk last night when one beer turned into 6. Oh dear! 

LOVE them - so beautiful (and could be used on your christmas tree to always remind you of your wedding day?) xx

Not that our wedding needs any more random crap but I'm now really into in the idea of a temporary tattoo station. I was originally thinking of getting some silly badges made up, but this idea is way better.

I looked into doing it myself, but sourcing fun non-rubbish temporary tattoos is actually pretty expensive. Some are like £2 per tattoo which is crazy.

I've now found a package that is £55 for 100 temporary tattoos, signs, instructions and comes complete with a bowl and sponges and I think it's adorable.

I actually think its vaguely reasonable too?

A has recently realised that our wedding venue has a large collection of skulls that we can use and he is now heavily invested in including skulls in our theme. He is very into skulls.

I'm now trying to search for not completely gothic or day of the dead skull centrepiece ideas as I do want to include his ideas in the wedding as much as possible. I'm very conscious that our wedding seems to be 89% me so far.

Our venue also has a papier mache skull that we could stick on top of the tube carriage bar:

Is this too out there? Our whole wedding theme is 'not a wedding' so maybe?

Our wedding is on Halloween weekend (October 27th) so I think we could definitely get away with it. Possibly glitter pumpkins, skulls and peacock feather centrepieces? God knows...

• Kelly224Kelly224 Posts: 962 New bride

Love the 'random crap' description but I think the tattoos are awesome!!

I've been the same with my OH's ideas - he hasn't shown much interest so far so when he does I really try and make it work as I don't want it to be all about me (well I do a little bit )

• DandelionBlueDandelionBlue Posts: 1,335 New bride

Oh the temporary tattoos and the skull look really cool. I will say it again, I love the whole vibe of your wedding. And if we were having ours in  London we would definitely consider your venue

7 months to goooooo!

It's all feeling very real now. I need to get back on the diet wagon as my dress is due in April!

I went up North to pay a visit to my best woman on the weekend and we sorted out her outfit in about half an hour. I love organised decisive people!

We have decided on a navy ASOS Curve jumpsuit

hot pink Kurt Geiger heels for the ceremony and hot pink trainers for the reception, plus the most AMAZING earrings as it was all looking a bit too sensible:

Helpfully this all matches the sparkly clutch I've ordered her as a present, if she wants to use it on the wedding day:

I have also ordered myself a pair of blue adidas super gazelles to change into once my wedding heels become too much:

Like the huge cheesy loser I am I've had them personalised with my name and my wedding date :D :D I cannot wait for them to arrive. I hope they're as blue as they look in the pictures.

• ruthie1979ruthie1979 Posts: 794

The tattoos are awesome! and I'm off to google personalised gazelles! xxx

Weddings man. You think you're really ahead of the game and then you write a list of things you need to do and you realise its as long as your arm.

And some of those are important things like sort out flowers and transport for guests and send out invites and choose food and wine.

A prodded me last night about finalising the wedding website and sending out invites. We're approaching six months to go now, with a large section of our invite list having to travel. We also have lots of international guests, so we really do need to send these out so people can book flights and accommodation.

So I've been working on the site sneakily while at work this morning. We still need to link up our custom url but I think our website is now looking pretty great:

We're also ring hunting for A. Like me he is difficult and doesn't want anything boring. He is currently really liking alternative metals (i.e. not gold or platinum) with a flash of colour and we've narrowed down two strong favourites:

This Koa Wood, Turquoise and stainless steel ring and this tungsten and malachite ring:

My preference is for the first one (I love the wood) and I'm so pleased he wants something interesting. I like to think he has taken inspiration from my non-traditional rings :)

• SadieeeSadieee Posts: 1,781 New bride

I am with you, the first one is goregous! The turquoise really goes well with the wood :)

Also love your best womans outfit :D

• Elz2017Elz2017 Posts: 316

I'm also with the top one, though the other is also lovely (love the green). 

Can I also say - the skulls are brilliant and fabulous and if you've got a Halloween date then why the hell not! From the rest of the things you have planned, I don't think they would jar at all, especially with your suggestions of dressing them up. It'll look wicked in that venue. 

• MrsCToBeeMrsCToBee Posts: 2,914 New bride

I love the skull on the tube carriage - your wedding is going to be so bloody fun!

I've got a fab Day of The Dead bride and groom ornament that OH bought me after we got engaged, when he was on business in Mexico.....though it later transpired he had panic bought it in Dallas airport! I'm toying with using it as a cake topper though it doesn't match our theme whatsoever!!

• Sian91Sian91 Posts: 829 New bride

Your wedding website looks beautiful! What are you using please?

I also love the top ring for your h2b, has he been to try any on? My h2b never wear jewellery and what he had in mind was tiny (he has long fingers), so trying on for size really helped.

Sian91 wrote (see post):

Your wedding website looks beautiful! What are you using please?

I also love the top ring for your h2b, has he been to try any on? My h2b never wear jewellery and what he had in mind was tiny (he has long fingers), so trying on for size really helped.

We're using Wix, which has been incredibly easy and gives you much greater freedom than the other wedding websites we found to make it look like how we wanted. It also had an inbuilt RSVP/Event widget that you can use.

My other half hasn't tried any rings on yet. We have an Ernest Jones literally around the corner from where we live so we're planning on going this weekend so he can find out his ring size and what mm band he likes the best. He has quite short stubby fingers (opposite problem to yours lol) so some rings may take up half his finger.

Thanks everyone for the opinions on the skulls. I think we're going to go with it :D

• DandelionBlueDandelionBlue Posts: 1,335 New bride

So interesting that Wix allows you to add RSVPs. If I had known that I might have gone with that. But I am happy with my happy couple website.

I love both ring options. They look so unusual. Although I am with you, the first one is my favourite. I just like the idea of wood.

• Elz2017Elz2017 Posts: 316

We've used wix as well, just started getting online rsvps in and seems to work very well! Really enjoyed being able to design the website easily but to our taste.

Go team skulls!! 

So my dress has arrived!!

I can't wait to go in and try it on, although part of me is pooing myself as I have no idea if it will fit me and I'm scared that I've fallen out of love with it or many other myriad things that might have gone wrong with it.

• britbirdbritbird Posts: 1,486 New bride

yay! How exciting.  

This was the sample dress that I tried on:

Fingers crossed that it looks at least vaguely like this!

Also my personalised reception trainers are in and I love them:

• VegasLouVegasLou Posts: 820 New bride
    weatherwaxe wrote (see post):

This was the sample dress that I tried on:

Fingers crossed that it looks at least vaguely like this!

Also my personalised reception trainers are in and I love them:

Edited because I posted before I wrote anything!

just came on to catch up and started at the last post.....where did you get your gazelles customised?! I always wear gazelles and would love some for later on on my wedding day. Yours look ok fab and I love the dress, it looks perfect for you. 

I’ve caught up with the rest now. Your shrug is gorgeous and I love the green dress. 

I realsied it was you that had given me the link of the purse seller so thank you, I’ve ordered one and can’t wait for it to arrive. Considering ordering one for my best  friend and soon to be sister in law. 

The rings are lovely, the first one with the turquoise is my favourite. 

Have you been to try your dress on yet? How did it go? 

I googled and found the personalised gazelles. It looks like yours didn’t take more than a couple of weeks to arrive and I’m away next week so I’ll order some when I’m home. I seem to be pinching all your ideas!