Forum home General chat

Printing

britbirdbritbird Posts: 1,486 New bride

Can anyone suggest where I could get our RSVP card printed at a reasonable price please?  It has been put together in Word, so is pretty simple, but I need around 200 copies so will have to do it professionally as I want it on card.  I found a few sites, but wasn't sure what was "average" in terms of cost, and also if people will do it from word.  Any hints would be much appreciated!

Thanks

• MrsCToBeeMrsCToBee Posts: 2,957 New bride

We've just used Vistaprint for our Save The Dates and were pleased. The more you buy on Vistaprint the cheaper the unit price is. We paid less than £20 for 50 Save the Dates. They always have sales on so I leave things in my basket and wait for one of their 50% off weeks.

As a tip, if you have your own design then get them printed as 'postcards' rather than RSVPs in the wedding section - they charge less for non wedding stationery!

• ducklingduckling Posts: 116 New bride

Printed.com - really reasonable, loads of options for the type of paper, colours etc (they’ll send you a free paper sample pack).

If you want to check them out I can send you a referral code for 20% off, just message me your email address :) 

• britbirdbritbird Posts: 1,486 New bride

thanks- will def do that :-) 

• Georgina74Georgina74 Posts: 299 New bride

Hi Britbird- I don't know whether you've read my issues with printing but my advise would be to find a local printer- actually physically go to see them and lay out your design exactly how you'd like it. Especially if they've been designed on word as they will need a PDF version and this caused issued with mine as they were "spreading" and therefore the wrong size when it came to being printed!

They will also be able to show you a range of card/paper stock and you can go from there - ultimately this will decide the price, but as a guide- I had 50 fully colour double sided sheets of A3 and then the same again with A4 and it came to just over £140. These were 250gsm glossy.

• Elz2017Elz2017 Posts: 316

Another shout for the local printer - we got 150 a6 double sided colour postcards from ours for 37 quid. Agree with the above - it's nice to be able to see a proofand feel the card weights. Our guys worked with pdfs or word docs and were able to suggest design changes if things didn't align exactly right etc.

• britbirdbritbird Posts: 1,486 New bride

Thanks guys- I will def think about local printers.  It is a very simple sheet, just text really with a google map, so should be pretty easy

• stacey147stacey147 Posts: 108 New bride

I just printed mine at home on nice parchment paper and stuck it to the card.

Cost £10 for the card & paper and £12 for an ink cartridge