A Bright & Whimsical Northumberland Wedding Aug 2018

• AwhelenqtAwhelenqt Posts: 856 New bride

I asked if she could add just a little more yellow and she did and i loved it before but now it's PERFECT!

imageimage

So i was just gonna make another sign for the order of the day like that welcome sign I made previously but I've had a better idea.

We have a clothes rail which I thought would be cool to use like I can put all foliage and pom poms on the top and hang signs for each aspect of the simplified guest version of the order of the day.

12.30 - We say I Do!

1.00 - Photographs, canapés, drinks, bouncy castle, photo scavenger hunt, chilling in the sun 

4.00 - Din Dins

7.15 - Cake cutting 

7.30 - First dance + DISCO!

9.30 - Hot dogs

12.00 - Gan Yem Man!

I don't know what to do for the signs though. Chalk board signs? Bits of wood? Written on balloons???

• Could u write carefully on those paper lantern type things? You know the big round ones? 

Afterallthistime wrote (see post):

Could u write carefully on those paper lantern type things? You know the big round ones? 

That's a great idea!!

Actually!! You know those frames that I posted about before that I saw at the fayre that are see through? I think  I'll use them because I seriously love them! And I could press some flowers to put in the middle?

Also good news concerning the financial situation, my fiance is getting a raise in his new job and it was already higher paying than his last one so it will essentially cover the benefits I've lost out on he'll just have to send me an "allowance" every month. I'm genuinely so lucky to have him he works so hard for our family.

• MrsCToBeeMrsCToBee Posts: 2,927 New bride

That's great news x

• GinAndBlingGinAndBling Posts: 1,311 New bride

Oh that's such good news for you both, he sounds lovely. 

Our planning thread: We're completely winging it.
    Our report: A fun, classic May day in navy and blush
    My weightloss thread: Diet denial! 

I just thought I'd do a bit of a transparent post about my health since its mental health awareness week.

A lot of my posts will seem erratic and impulsive and not well thought through and often contradictory. I think one thing that sucks about being mental is that I'm so *obviously* mental I can't hide it. And of my 3 official diagnoses (BPD, depression and anxiety) I think it's the BPD that comes through most obviously. I flit between extreme highs and extreme depressive lows like multiple times in a day. I have no idea how to regulate my emotions. If I feel something I feel it so strongly. And while that means that I love really hard (I'm actually polyamorous I have so much love to give!) and can feel the most insane joy it also means that when things happen like the benefits being rejected I can't cope with it and I can't see a way out and my brain goes straight to worse case scenario and that's it that's what's going to happen. It makes me impulsive because I think "good this will make me happy but I need it now because I don't know how long the happiness will last!"

It's honestly so exhausting because as well the anxiety makes me care so so much about how people perceive me.

So yeah that's why I seem crazy a lot... Because I am lol 

• Elz2017Elz2017 Posts: 316

Massive respect to you writing that post, and thank you. Your knowledge of yourself and your mental health is actually really heartening.  Mental health is something we should all be aware of, diagnosed or undiagnosed so your post is a great highlight.

Plus, your obvious creativity probably comes in part from the extremes - every cloud has a silver lining right!? 

In other news, games I've realised we already have for the cocktail 2.5 hours :

Mini tabletop football 

Connect 4

Deck of cards 

Cards against humanity 

Domino's 

• Massive respect for that post! If more people were able to share their situations so open and honestly I think we'd be in a much better please regarding mental health as people would understand it much better. 

On another note, you may have seen but Helen225 (I think) was selling some games recently if you wanted to save a bit of money. 

Thanks for the lovely messages it means a lot to me!

Bridal lingerie...

So I think I've found the right bra. I won't need one with my mori lee fishtail but when u change into the skirt and lace crop top I'll need a bra so I think I'll get this one and just stitch on see through straps for extra support. I'm not sure what knickers to wear but I'll probably just get some nice French knickers.

https://www.figleaves.com/uk/ultimo-icon-low-back-strapless-bra/UO-001213.html?dwvar_UO-001213_color=734689&cgid=lingerie-bras#start=21

Ceremony decor...

I had this idea to add that extra bit of whimsy. The venue is beautiful but it's all wood, brick and gravel/concrete and I'd love it to be a bit more green and natural. We recently bought a roll of astroturf from b&m for the garden for only £30 and cut lengthways it would be the perfect length for an aisle runner! I tried to find a picture online and this is the only one I could find but I think it would really pretty outside in a barn!

Bridesmaids dresses...

So my maids chose their own dresses, these are the 2 so far. My MOH is still deciding because she doesn't want to wear yellow so we're thinking about what the best colour is but it'll probably be gold :)

This is my sisters - it doesn't come with a belt though and she's buying a petticoat separately. Not sure if she'll get a white one or go for something colourful yet but we'll see! Also not sure what she'll do for a belt 

And this is my best friends. She's bought it in white but we're going to dye it yellow so I've edited it seamlessly to show what it'll be like lol 

imageimage

However she's just lost 10kg in 3 weeks and is now dangerousl thin so who knows if it'll even fit in a year :( 

They've all said they like the idea of the floral hoop bouquets but should I buy them accessories as well? What kind of accessories would I get to go with all the different dresses? Or should I  just let them wear whatever accessories they'd like?

Wedding ring...

Rainbow Ring

I've found my dream ring. I have my granny's 9ct gold wedding band which I was planning on having reshaped into something similar but I'm not sure any more.

This is the one I'd seen in a store and wanted to remake mine to look like 

• Awhelenqt wrote (see post):

Wedding ring...

Rainbow Ring

I've found my dream ring. I have my granny's 9ct gold wedding band which I was planning on having reshaped into something similar but I'm not sure any more.

The ring is lovely! I'm also planning on using my granny's ring to have something made as I'd love to have the extra meaning. You could definitely have your granny's made into something similar to that though if you wanted! 

I AM IN LOVE!

My head piece arrived this morning and I never want to take it off. The belt arrived as well and it's stunning. I'm so happy.

• Ashley72Ashley72 Posts: 1,137 New bride

That is amazing! Wow!

• MrsS85MrsS85 Posts: 688 New bride

Your crown is A-mazinggg! love your choice of wedding rings too.

• Cards against humanity!! Amazing! Id love them at our wedding!

ive just seen some personalised top trumps cards in Facebook, for my more reserved guests!

• MrsCToBeeMrsCToBee Posts: 2,927 New bride

Your crown looks amaaaaaazing!

Great post about mental health too - I have recently developed mild depresssion & anxiety and have been really struggling with it so it's great of you to speak out so bravely x

Hen do dress..

We've not even started planning the hen do yet but it's going to this around this time next year and since I intend to be a skinny minnie again in a years time I figured it's never too early for motivation! I've found some dresses I'd love for the hen do when I'm tiny again 

imageimageimageimage

I like the last one because the top half is like my wedding dress! I briefly considered getting that as my "in case I'm too hot and need to change " dress because it'd be much cheaper than buying the £150 skirt I'm planning on getting but then I decided it's the one day I get to wear long dramatic gowns I'm not gonna wear a short summer dress.

Can I wear a Cape!?????

Weight loss...

I'm doing really well actually! I'm losing 0.2kg every day so if I continue to do so I'll have reached my goal weight of 70kg in 3 months! I'm so pleased with how well it's going and I'm finding it really easy to maintain as well, I'm not hungry or craving a binge or anything. Snaps for Helen!

• GinAndBlingGinAndBling Posts: 1,311 New bride
    Awhelenqt wrote (see post):

Weight loss...

I'm doing really well actually! I'm losing 0.2kg every day so if I continue to do so I'll have reached my goal weight of 70kg in 3 months! I'm so pleased with how well it's going and I'm finding it really easy to maintain as well, I'm not hungry or craving a binge or anything. Snaps for Helen!

I read that wrong and thought you meant you would reach your goal of losing 70kg!! Thought bloody hell Helen they'll be nothing left of you aha. 

Well done you!!

Not to be a Debbie Downer, but it will probably slow down and be wary of losing too much to quickly because you've got to keep it off for the next year.

Our planning thread: We're completely winging it.
    Our report: A fun, classic May day in navy and blush
    My weightloss thread: Diet denial! 
    GinAndBling wrote (see post):
    Awhelenqt wrote (see post):

Weight loss...

I read that wrong and thought you meant you would reach your goal of losing 70kg!! Thought bloody hell Helen they'll be nothing left of you aha. 

Well done you!!

Not to be a Debbie Downer, but it will probably slow down and be wary of losing too much to quickly because you've got to keep it off for the next year.

I find it much much easier to maintain weight rather than losing so once I've lost the weight I'm pretty confident I'll be able to stay around the same number :)

If I lost 70kg I'd weigh what I did at like 5 years old haha i think 18kg is much more realistic!

• I need a kick up the bum..... or my mouth sewn shut! 

Well done on your weight loss - I hope it works out :) 

can I ask what your name means? I’ve wondered for a while now :) 

Afterallthistime wrote (see post):

I need a kick up the bum..... or my mouth sewn shut! 

Well done on your weight loss - I hope it works out :) 

can I ask what your name means? I’ve wondered for a while now :) 

Haha I told someone my name once and they were like "aww Helen, cute!" That's it I'm just a super duper cutie!

• Omg! That’s amazing! I was thinking it was Welsh or elvish of something lol 

imageimage

I mean neither picture is great to show my figure currently, flattering angles and baggy clothing and all but you get an idea!