Costs 2018

Just wondering what people are paying for wedding hair and make up for the bride please. Just got a quote for wedding hair and it's £100. £50 for trial and £50 on the day. I'm quite shocked as it's my village hairdressers in Cheshire?! The message said because it's a 90 min appointment. I've been quoted £40 for makeup by a separate person. 

• Ive been quoted £80 for trial and £180 for the day haha but im in Hertfordshire which seems to double the price for everything! 

• SadieeeSadieee Posts: 1,781 New bride

My lady is both hair and make-up, and it's £170 for both (including trial).

My BMs are £65 for hair and make-up each.

Im Cumbria based and my lady is also based here in the north. It's not a particually 'expensive' place

• That's great thanks both. Not so outrageous then 🙈

• I live near a large city; the average I've seen is £200-250 for both hair and mu...so no, your price seems quite reasonable.  I would add that regardless of it being wedding or non-wedding, the places I've been to for events in the past charge the same; formal hair and mu, regardless of the event, were charged the same. 

• info 50info 50 Posts: 7 New bride
    I charge £115 for a bride in Bristol including the trial. I am a professional makeup artist and I charge this as I am experienced I use high end products and I professionally trained, I even teach media makeup at a outstanding college.

Heather Card Makeup Artistry
    www.heathercard-makeup.co.uk
  • MrsCToBeeMrsCToBee Posts: 2,342 New bride
    info 50 said:
    I charge £115 for a bride in Bristol including the trial. I am a professional makeup artist and I charge this as I am experienced I use high end products and I professionally trained, I even teach media makeup at a outstanding college.

Advertising isn't allowed on here, can you please stop spamming the board? It completely ruins it for genuine users as all the actual posts drop to the bottom of the page!