Editing posts

Hannah YYWHannah YYW Posts: 120 admin
Hi everyone,

Thanks for all your feedback since the move to the new forum. We know that there have been teething problems, but we're listening to everything you say and working to give you the best forum experience possible. It will take a bit of time, so please bear with us, and thanks for your patience so far.

One thing that's come up is editing posts. At the moment, you have one hour to delete and/or edit a post. Which option would you prefer?

Editing posts 37 votes

I would like to be able to edit/delete my posts for a week after posting
5% 2 votes
I would like to be able to edit/delete my posts for a month after posting
0% 0 votes
I don't want a time limit on editing or deleting my posts
89% 33 votes
I'm happy with having an hour to edit/delete my posts
5% 2 votes

• I went for no time limit. In all honesty, no one knows what the future may bring and you may want the option of taking down any posts that could identify you quickly, without having to wait ages for the Y&YW team to do it for you. Especially when a lot of us are posting photos of ourselves. For posters own security I think there should definitely be zero time limit on editing or deleting posts.

It would actually be really great if we had the option to delete spam posts from  any threads we have started too. There are a lot of spammers ruining people's planning threads and wedding reports with inane products and spam messages.
  • britbirdbritbird Posts: 1,475 New bride
    I know this was raised in the BETA testing so great to see you are asking on the main forum now. I still think we should be able to edit. Not as bothered on delete. I mean it would be nice, but if you can edit you can just delete the text. 
  • Ashley72Ashley72 Posts: 1,137 New bride
    edited December 2018
    Yup. What they have said!! 👆🏼I don’t really see much point in an hour limit.
  • I agree. Being able to edit is important for privacy. Also I know a lot of Brides post pictures of their dress and take it down a few days later. 
    Being able to delete spam posts would be good. But I get why that doesn't necessarily work. Maybe be able to hide them until an admin can review and delete them permanently.
  • Hannah YYWHannah YYW Posts: 120 admin
    The results are conclusive, so you can now edit your own posts indefinitely. Thanks to everyone who took part in this poll.
  • Woooo thank you!!
  • britbirdbritbird Posts: 1,475 New bride
    Thanks Hannah.  Really great to see you are taking feedback on board.