Forum rules

Hannah YYWHannah YYW Posts: 119 admin
edited 25 April in Forum help

Forum rules 

The You & Your Wedding forum rules have been put in place to help ensure that the forum is a welcoming and useful resource for everyone that participates. The rules outline what is deemed unacceptable behaviour and it is important to read them carefully.

Do not post libellious or defamatory comments

Do not post anything relating to any ongoing or pending trial

Do not post content which you have copied from someone else (i.e. you do not own the copyright)

Do not use profanities

Do not post a personal insult about another user

Do not advertise or solicit

Do not impersonate another user

Do not post any spam. People posting spam will be permanently banned and their posts will be deleted

Do not create identical new threads in more than one forum topic. (Doing so is called cross-posting). You should pick the single most appropriate forum topic for your message

We cannot and do not review every post before it appears on the site. You & Your Wedding operates a ‘take-down’ policy, which means if You & Your Wedding is made aware of a post that contravenes these rules, You & Your Wedding reserves the right to amend or remove the post.

You & Your Wedding encourages you to contact us if you feel a post violates these rules. Please click the “Report” icon/link to let us know.

You are responsible for the content of your posts and You & Your Wedding does not accept any liability for the content or accuracy of your messages. You & Your Wedding reserves the right to republish any material you submit.

Forum Terms & Conditions

By using the You & Your Wedding forum you acknowledge and agree to our terms & conditions:

1. Users of the You & Your Wedding site may submit material for publication in the forum section of the Website. You & Your Wedding accepts no liability in respect of any material submitted by users and published by You & Your Wedding and You & Your Wedding is not responsible for its content or accuracy.

2. If you want to submit material to the message forum you may do so on the following terms and conditions:

i. Publication of any material you submit will be at the sole discretion of You & Your Wedding and You & Your Wedding is entitled to make additions or deletions to any such material prior to publication, after publication or to refuse publication.

ii. You grant You & Your Wedding a non-exclusive, perpetual, royalty-free license to republish any material you submit in any format, and you warrant to You & Your Wedding that any material you submit is your own work and that you own the copyright and all relevant rights.

iii. You may not authorise others to use the Service, and you are responsible for all of your own use of the Service. You agree not to use any obscene, indecent or offensive language, or to place on the Service any material that is false, defamatory, abusive, harassing or hateful. Further, you may not place on the Service any material that is encrypted, constitutes junk mail or unauthorised advertising or soliciting of business, invades anyone's privacy, encourages conduct that would constitute a criminal offence or give rise to civil liability, or that otherwise violates any local, state, national or international law or regulation. You may not use the email button below members’ posts to directly contact individual members in order to advertise or solicit.

You agree to use the Service only for lawful purposes and you acknowledge that your failure to do so may subject you to civil and criminal liability. For the avoidance of doubt unauthorised advertising or soliciting of business constitutes any method by which you seek to promote or gain business for your own, a friend’s or family member’s business. This includes the use of a business name and/or profession as part of the registered user identity.

iv. You agree not to post material that is deliberately intended to upset other users.

v. You acknowledge that any breach of these warranties may cause You & Your Wedding damage or loss and agree to indemnify and hold harmless You & Your Wedding in full and permanently against any third party liabilities, claims, costs, loss or damage incurred by You & Your Wedding as a result of publishing any material you submit to us, including consequential loss.

vi. You must be over the age of 18 to participate in the forum.

• MrsCToBeeMrsCToBee Posts: 2,934 New bride
    edited December 2018

Is there any news on if we are going to get the function to edit our posts with no time restrictions back?

I for one won't be comfortable doing a wedding report or posting any pics which show faces if I don't have the ability to delete that post in the future if I want to.

When I started using this forum I had the ability to edit my posts, and I feel very uncomfortable that I now can't go back and delete or edit parts of my planning thread if I want to. Those aren't the terms I started using the forum under and I feel misled.

• Does anyone know if the "report" function is now working?  Last week it was not. It asked for a "category" or something like that but there was nothing to select from, so you just had to close out of the function.
  • weatherwaxeweatherwaxe Posts: 848 New bride
    edited December 2018
    @MrsCToBee Saaaame.

Also this whole section leaves a bad taste in my mouth:

2. If you want to submit material to the message forum you may do so on the following terms and conditions:

i. Publication of any material you submit will be at the sole discretion of You & Your Wedding and You & Your Wedding is entitled to make additions or deletions to any such material prior to publication, after publication or to refuse publication.

ii. You grant You & Your Wedding a non-exclusive, perpetual, royalty-free license to republish any material you submit in any format, and you warrant to You & Your Wedding that any material you submit is your own work and that you own the copyright and all relevant rights.

I mean, I'm not worried, as in the entire history of Y&YW I don't think I've seen a feature with a plus size bride, but I don't think anyone should be republishing anything that people post of this forum without express permission.

• I might as well stop now. 1 - because i cant edit my thread but you can publish it? No thanks... 2- the whole swearing thing.... (FULLY understand, but i'm a potty mouth :D )
  • britbirdbritbird Posts: 1,486 New bride
    @weatherwaxe @CoffeeDogAddict ; Not saying I agree as I don't, but these are the same T&Cs from the old forum, it is just they have pinned the post.  There may be minor adjustments, but the whole no swearing thing was always there, and they definitely have published comments from the forum in the past.  I don't know if they have asked the user's permission, but I have seen comments in the magazine that have been from the forum.  Technically, the majority of us probably don't own copyright to our official wedding photos, so "shouldn't" post them here  :D
  • @britbird thats true! Im very guilty of just accepting the T&Cs and moving on, becuase if you want to use the service you dont have much choice. Comments from the forum is fine, but id worry theyd take photos, although i suppose they have to ask the photographers permission for this. 
    @CoffeeDogAddict I am totally the same. I just agree to most things...within reason  :D
  • I think not allowing swearing is ridiculous. If we're all old enough to get married I think we're all old enough to deal with a couple F-bombs. I'm certainly not comfortable being censored, and to be honest I've sworn in the past on here and it's never been an issue despite being in the rules but the reposting of them suggests a stronger stance on it. 
    And yeah, why can't I edit my posts anymore? I don't like what's happening.
  • @britbird ; random comments are totally fine, but I worry about identifying information or photographs. I definitely think they should have to ask permission before using those. 
  • Well publishing a picture of you without your expressed permission is against the law. And just because you make a forum rule, doesn't mean you can go against the law. So I guess and hope that they wouldn't just publish a picture of you without asking. 
    One of my question was published. But I was asked before if that would be ok.
    However I am annoyed that we cannot edit our own posts. As someone else said we created our wedding planning threads when this was possible. I do not feel comfortable with the fact that I now cannot change my posts anymore. Those aren't the terms under which I used and created my planning thread on this forum.
    @weatherwaxe Definitely agree.  I actually had a picture printed in the magazine, and they did email me, ask my permission etc.  I know that we can only post pics in low res here, and there is no way they would be suitable for print, so I don't think we have to worry about that side of thing.  The stuff I have seen posted from the forum has been advice from some of the threads; nothing identifying.