A Bright & Whimsical Northumberland Wedding Aug 2018

• Ozzy2bOzzy2b Posts: 143

It’s still worth checking - we were given a special inkless pen for the posed photo so we couldn’t accidentally write on the register! 

It may depend on whether you can use the actual book or if you have a fake one. We got the actual book as we were the first entry on the page - so there is a one in four chance of being able to have your photos with the real entry.

• Ozzy2b wrote (see post):

It’s still worth checking - we were given a special inkless pen for the posed photo so we couldn’t accidentally write on the register! 

It may depend on whether you can use the actual book or if you have a fake one. We got the actual book as we were the first entry on the page - so there is a one in four chance of being able to have your photos with the real entry.

That's interesting! I do have a couple that have totally run out of ink I wonder if they usually have this rule they'd still let me use it if I prove it's empty...

• Here's a question, why am I finding it so difficult to choose an envelope color for the invites? 😂😂😂

• SadieeeSadieee Posts: 1,781 New bride
    Awhelenqt wrote (see post):

Here's a question, why am I finding it so difficult to choose an envelope color for the invites? 😂😂😂

Haha because we get hung up on silly little things when wedding planning (mine wasps table cloths)

• Awhelenqt wrote (see post):

Here's a question, why am I finding it so difficult to choose an envelope color for the invites? 😂😂😂

Haha oh god i feel you there! Ive spent the last week or so going back on forth on it, and mines only for save the dates! 

• GinAndBlingGinAndBling Posts: 1,311 New bride

Aha I'm cheap so ours are the plain white ones free with vistaprint 

I did spend far too long designing envelope seals though..

Our planning thread: We're completely winging it.
    Our report: A fun, classic May day in navy and blush
    My weightloss thread: Diet denial! 
  • CoffeeDogAddict wrote (see post):
    Awhelenqt wrote (see post):

Haha oh god i feel you there! Ive spent the last week or so going back on forth on it, and mines only for save the dates! 

I'm glad everyone else is as mental as I am!

I decided to go for 3 different colours haha so the day invites are gonna have a forest Green envelope with little red ones for the rsvp cards (sounds Christmassy but the invites also have yellow, orange, pale pink and gold so), and the evening invites are gonna have yellow envelopes

I have too many ideas to fit into one day. I'm glad we have a kid I can plan birthday parties for.

• So the day invites took absolutely forever to make because I DIY handcrafted them, all 25. Including, watercolour painting, printing text, paper cutting and crafting, 4 separate elements and 2 envelopes per invite so I decided I could not do the same for the evening invites, I just don't have the energy lol so I figured I have a graphic design business (augustskiesdesigns - i'm on instagram, redbubble and etsy), why not use those skills? So it's hand drawn, then digitally coloured, I'll print them onto cream card, cut it out and make a pocket fold for both sections to sit in :)

• Exciting!!!
    We've booked our honeymoon 😍😍😍
    We're staying at the Royal DeCameron in Jamaica! One week all inclusive next October. Slightly over budget and it's not like we have a lot of money outside of the wedding fund which was entirely donated by our families but we have a year to make it work lmao 

• Ashley72Ashley72 Posts: 1,137 New bride
    That looks gorgeous! I’m sure you’ll get some gifts for the wedding to put towards it too. And if you can’t splash out for a honeymoon when can you hey.
  • Your honeymoon looks amazing!
  • MrsCToBeeMrsCToBee Posts: 2,934 New bride
    Wow looks gorgeous, so jealous!
  • Oh my!! That looks incredible!! In a year you can definitely figure it out, and its a great incentive haha. 
  • It just looks like paradise it's what I've always wanted for my Honeymoon and since FH is an avid traveller and had many many requirements for it I'm so pleased he's found something that he equally loves! Honeymoon was pretty much all down to him and he done good! *heart eyes emoji* (im on my laptop)
  • Also ew with this new update I can't edit previous posts/comments??
    I wanted to add an EDIT: to the post about the evening reception invites. I didn't realise how terrible quality they appear on the forum for some reason but they're not actually like that IRL? They're perfectly clear and the flowers aren't weird and liney and murky?
  • We decided to look at readings today for the ceremony, not sure if we'll just have this one or choose another as well but this is what we're going for:

True Love

True love is a sacred flame

That burns eternally

And none can dim its special glow

Or change its destiny

True love speaks in tender tones

And hears with gentle ear

True love gives with open heart

And true love conquers fear

True love makes no harsh demands

It neither rules nor binds

And true love holds with gentle hands

The heart that it entwines

• Ashley72Ashley72 Posts: 1,137 New bride
    That is so lovely. I’ve never come across it before either, I think it’s nice to hear something unusual!
  • AwhelenqtAwhelenqt Posts: 856 New bride
    edited December 2018
    So I'm an idiot and forgot to keep 2 invites unsealed so I could photograph the fronts and backs at the same time lol so here's an assortment of combinations...

• Lmao I'm actually a bigger idiot than I realised - the rsvp cards don't have the guests names on them 🙃🙃🙃
  • Inspiration can come from the must unlikely places! Those flowers in the background with the crespedias... Wow! Just what I want! 
  • Those invites are gorgeous!!! did you do the lettering yourself? Ive been trying for a few weeks now to learn that style but im shocking. 
  • Those invites are gorgeous!!! did you do the lettering yourself? Ive been trying for a few weeks now to learn that style but im shocking. 
    Thank you! Due to laziness it took me about 7/8 months to finish them haha 
    The lettering is all done by me yes! 18 months ago my son was a baby and had terrible reflux so I was up all night holding him while he slept every night. So to pass the time I decided to teach myself calligraphy! I started by writing each letter of the alphabet over and over again in cursive, then I started connecting the letters. It's all about muscle memory with it! And I always do faux calligraphy where you go back in at the end and add the bold lines in and a brilliant tip I learnt is always bold the downward strokes! Since then I look at different cursive styles and try them out to see what suits me. I tried a different style recently which I love!
    edited December 2018
    The green is for Christmas cards, the yellow is for evening invites. It's a smaller font with wider spacing and I love it!

Also don't try to learn just by looking at pictures - watch YouTube videos, the motion of each letter is important. I've even read a bit about cursive and calligraphy itself just background  information and jargon which helps to make sense of *why * you're doing certain things 
  • Wow, i'm absolutely in awe they're fantastic!! Thanks for the tips, i think i'm going to have to make this my new mission! I printed off some work sheets and have been trying with a brush pen because i heard they're easier, but i'm going to give your tips a go thank you! It must've been awful with your son being so unwell but at least you made good use of the time! Thank you for sharing x
  • Matty has chosen what he wants to wear :) He's not bought the specific suit but he knows what he's going to get now. He's going to be wearing a maroon 3 piece suit with a white shirt and black/oxblood shoes (yum) like this:

And then the groomsmen will be wearing maroon waistcoats with white shirts and black trousers with black/oxblood shoes. It just makes it easier for them to all coordinate across all budgets! Like this:

I think they're all just going to decide on the day whether or not they want to wear ties depending on the weather (with it being mid August) but if they do they'll just wear black skinny ties.

I think they'll look great with the bright, warm-coloured button holes and next to the mustard bridesmaids dresses! It'll look rich and lovely I can't wait!

And honestly my fiancé looks so bloody sexy in 3 piece suits I can't wait.
    Exciting Update!

Invites went out yesterday!

Of course they were all in a bundle that I gave to my Fiance to post without thinking about it which meant 3 of them had no stamps on. 2 were meant to be hand delivered, but should be fine still they'll just have to pay £1.50 to receive it and i'll reimburse it, but the other one was supposed to be sent via the post office since it's for my dad in Denmark. So what happens there is they'll open the envelope up, find our address on the rsvp and send the whole thing back to me, so i'll have to redo the envelope and redo the wax seal and send it properly through the post office. phewf.
  • MrsCToBeeMrsCToBee Posts: 2,934 New bride
    Exciting! Ours went out last week and it's so exciting getting RSVPs back!
  • Our daytime ones went out this week too! I still need to make the evening ones