Town Centre Barn Wedding - Kent, August 2019

• MrsCToBeeMrsCToBee Posts: 2,187 New bride
    Oh God I've just done something so stupid! My hair is generally a pretty boring dark blonde/light brown. I never do anything to it normally. I just dyed it on a whim, just wanted to add some red tones and the colour on the box was not that different to my normal hair. It has come out SO DARK!!!! And my wedding is in 8 months. And it's a permanent dye. Oh dear God, it has to fade by then right? 😮🤯😱
  • GinAndBlingGinAndBling Posts: 1,117 New bride
    Oh nightmare! This sounds like something I would do.. 

It will fade, even after a few washes. Are you going to dye it again though, to avoid any regrowth? There's also a colour corrector that you can buy in Boots etc if you want to strip it?? 
    Our planning thread: We're completely winging it.

My weightloss thread: Diet denial! 
  • weatherwaxeweatherwaxe Posts: 848 New bride
    edited December 2018
    Head and shoulders is an excellent dye stripper as it's so harsh or ColourB4 (stinks to high heaven but works).

A word of warning though, if it's a permanent dye it's likely that it has bleach added, even if it's a dark colour, so you may not be able to get your natural colour back even after stripping the dye. I deviate between darkest brown and red, and when I strip the dark brown from my hair it always goes a weird gingery orange colour because of the bleach - not that I mind, as it's the perfect base to go red from!

Depending on how lucky you've been, you may need a trip to the hairdressers to get your usual colour back.
    Thanks ladies - I'll give it a few weeks and see what happens! Dyes tend to fade really fast on my hair anyway, but I'm so annoyed as I followed the instructions to the letter and the colour is twice as dark as that on the box 😡 I have a feeling this may be an expensive mistake.

On the plus side, I just saw on the Y&YW front page that Coral is next year's Pantone colour of the year, so at least my colour scheme is on trend 😂
    Colour on the box...
    Colour my hair has actually gone....

I've never dyed my hair and had it look so dull, non shiny and just generally shit!
  • MrsGtoBMrsGtoB Posts: 712 New bride
    Oh I like the colour, when you said dark I was imagining really dark.  It might just need time for you to get used to it?  
    I'm very pale so it is really dark for me, and it's just nothing like the colour on the box at all! I'll see what C thinks when he gets back from Germany!
  • CharleahCharleah Posts: 233 New bride
    Hello! So, I’m not sure how I’ve managed to avoid reading your blog until now 🤔😳 soooo many pages of lovely wedding-y goodness! I shall be following this now! 1) love your dress 2) love your veil - stick with the new one pls 3) love your bridesmaid dresses - I think one of my BMs is wearing the long version of it. 4) invites turned out lovely! 5) you’re another crafty DIY B2B that puts me to shame 6) I love how detailed this thread is 7) Your colours are delicious 8) speaking of delicious I love Krispy Kreme 9) oooo good luck with your weight loss journey btw 10) I look forward to reading more!
  • Ashley72Ashley72 Posts: 1,135 New bride
    I know it might not be what you want to hear when you’re in hair panic mode, but I actually think it’s nice! I’ve never box dyed my hair as I’ve always been blonde and gone to a hairdresser so not an expert BUT perhaps you could go and have a toner / gloss put on it to give it some shine and depth and maybe you’ll feel differently? You’ve got plenty of time for it to fade naturally and for you to save and maybe treat yourself to a professional colour nearer the wedding if it isn’t quite where you want it to be by then? I think it’s nice though - I’ve always wanted auburn hair but could never pull it off. 
    Charleah said:
    Hello! So, I’m not sure how I’ve managed to avoid reading your blog until now 🤔😳 soooo many pages of lovely wedding-y goodness! I shall be following this now! 1) love your dress 2) love your veil - stick with the new one pls 3) love your bridesmaid dresses - I think one of my BMs is wearing the long version of it. 4) invites turned out lovely! 5) you’re another crafty DIY B2B that puts me to shame 6) I love how detailed this thread is 7) Your colours are delicious 8) speaking of delicious I love Krispy Kreme 9) oooo good luck with your weight loss journey btw 10) I look forward to reading more!
    Haha thanks, your message really made me chuckle 😂
    edited December 2018
    Ashley72 said:
    I know it might not be what you want to hear when you’re in hair panic mode, but I actually think it’s nice! I’ve never box dyed my hair as I’ve always been blonde and gone to a hairdresser so not an expert BUT perhaps you could go and have a toner / gloss put on it to give it some shine and depth and maybe you’ll feel differently? You’ve got plenty of time for it to fade naturally and for you to save and maybe treat yourself to a professional colour nearer the wedding if it isn’t quite where you want it to be by then? I think it’s nice though - I’ve always wanted auburn hair but could never pull it off. 
    Thanks for the advice, I think I will leave it for a bit to see what happens, then get the colour sorted professionally before the wedding if need be. I'm not a terribly girly girl and know nothing of toners/glossing but it sounds like what I need, thanks!

Advantages of having a ginger parent - can rock red hair. Disadvantage - i can burn to a crisp in 5 minutes in winter sun 😂

It seems to have gone awfully quiet on here, guess everyone is busy with Christmas stuff! I have been ill for 12 days and now on antibiotics as have both an ear and chest infection, I'm working right up to Xmas Eve and been powering through all the boy child's Xmas shows & parties. 
    Wedding planning has most definitely been put on the back burner for now! On Christmas day it will be exactly 8 months until the wedding and I'm itching to send the invites out in January!!
    Anyway, wishing all you brides a very merry Christmas and a happy and prosperous new year 🎅

• MrsGtoBMrsGtoB Posts: 712 New bride
    Have a lovely Christmas! It is really quiet on here at the moment xx
    Thanks MrsGtoB, you too!

Well the pre-wedding diet is going well....😂

Used to love a bit of floristry but haven't done much since before my son was born, but need to get back in the flow since I am doing my whole wedding! Have made a Christmas table centrepiece, it's a bit old fashioned / traditional in style as my step gran bought the flowers (carnations and gyp aren't really my thing), but it's a start  - definitely need to get some practise in though as it's very amateur looking 😱

I'm aware this post is barely wedding related, but we seem to have hit a massive lull in the planning and I'm not sure what to do next - got some DIY to do but if i make things I have to store them, and until all the Xmas stuff is out the way I really don't have room. We are giving notice and sending out invitations at the end of January, but I do feel as if I ought to be doing something 🤷‍♀️
  • Oh wow you have just made me so hungry with that camembert! 
    I feel like I've barely done anything weddingy in months - need to get back on it after Christmas! 
  • MrsCToBee said:
    Thanks MrsGtoB, you too!

Well the pre-wedding diet is going well....😂

Used to love a bit of floristry but haven't done much since before my son was born, but need to get back in the flow since I am doing my whole wedding! Have made a Christmas table centrepiece, it's a bit old fashioned / traditional in style as my step gran bought the flowers (carnations and gyp aren't really my thing), but it's a start  - definitely need to get some practise in though as it's very amateur looking 😱

I'm aware this post is barely wedding related, but we seem to have hit a massive lull in the planning and I'm not sure what to do next - got some DIY to do but if i make things I have to store them, and until all the Xmas stuff is out the way I really don't have room. We are giving notice and sending out invitations at the end of January, but I do feel as if I ought to be doing something 🤷‍♀️
    That centre piece is gorgeous and definitely not amateur looking!!
  • I've spent the last two days reading your thread from start to finish. It's been an amazing journey and I cannot wait to read more! Your dress and veil are absolutely amazing. Your colours are almost identical to the colours OH and I had chosen on our wedding planning the first time (it didn't work out, so a new plan is now under way).
    Thanks ladies, here's a more tacky, fun centrepiece I've made my Christmas obsessed MIL 😂

Thanks MrsCarnegie2be, and good luck with the new wedding plan - look forward to reading more about it!
    edited December 2018
    Thought it would be nice to give our 3 sets of parents their wedding invitations over Christmas, so they get theirs first. As per usual, was hoping for even a glimmer of excitement from one of them, but was disappointed. Wish I hadn't bothered now. Not so much as one comment about whether they looked nice, the menu, nothing.
    Just makes me wish again that we had just gone and got married on our own - my fiance insisted on the big wedding so all these people wouldn't be 'devastated',  yet none of them are in the least bit interested. Makes me wonder who we are doing it for.
  • Aww MrsCToBee, I understand how you feel. We are having a private ceremony and have let people know that it is happening, just not when or where. We're throwing a party 3 days later and most people have been told, they just haven't got the official invite yet, but barely any excitement. Having even heard anything from my siblings! It's upsetting x 
    To be honest people not being interested is a recurrent theme in this thread. I don't expect excitement on a daily basis but if someone, anyone gave me their wedding invitation face to face I'd at least say they looked lovely and ask a couple of wedding related questions. Oh well 🤷‍♀️
    Aww MrsCToBee, I understand how you feel. We are having a private ceremony and have let people know that it is happening, just not when or where. We're throwing a party 3 days later and most people have been told, they just haven't got the official invite yet, but barely any excitement. Having even heard anything from my siblings! It's upsetting x 
    Sorry you are having the same issue. Your wedding sounds lovely, have read your thread and if my fiance wasn't so keen for everyone to be present I'd much prefer a more private ceremony, it would actually be my preference. Hey ho, we all have to compromise in relationships.
  • We certainly do, it's our preparation for marriage 😂 I for one will continue to be excited about your wedding, your dress is stunning x x x 
    Thanks fellow MrsC to be!!!
    My 3 little flower girls tried on their dresses and alice bands today and they looked ADORABLE. They all fit with room to grow, and are adjustable because of the ribbon tie anyway. May just have to trim the length of the middle one's dress but will see nearer the time. Excuse their socks and leggings 😂

• Awww, they look absolutely fabulous  <3 

On a side note, can I ask, MrsCToBee, am I right in thinking you have booked your honeymoon and it is a cruise?
    Awww, they look absolutely fabulous  <3 

On a side note, can I ask, MrsCToBee, am I right in thinking you have booked your honeymoon and it is a cruise?
    Hi, no we haven't booked yet and probably won't until just after the wedding as we aren't going immediately anyway - at the moment it's a toss up between a Caribbean cruise or going to Riviera Maya, Mexico. Benefit of the cruise is that it sails from Southampton so we'd only have to do the flight one way with our little boy.
    I have been very naughty and bought a third pair of shoes 😂 Only because they were a bargain and I have very wide feet and I'm still concerned I won't be able to stretch the gold ones enough to be comfy. If they don't fit or aren't comfy I promise I will send them straight back 😂 The previous ivory pair are going on eBay next week.

• Flower girls look gorgeous! Love those dresses. And genuinely loling at your 3rd pair of shoes, that’s definitely going to be me! The blue ones are lovely. 
  • I don't even have my 1st pair of shoes yet  :D ;)