Our wedding - take 2!

Hello everyone, 

I started a planning thread in March 2017 for our wedding that was due to take place in October 2017. Unfortunately, we split up and a very horrible 2 months followed. 

However, I am pleased to say that we got back together in June 2017 and have been dating ever since. We have changed our relationship and become much more honest with each other. We also communicate all of the time, be it good or bad! 

We moved in together again in June 2018 and on my birthday on 19th November, he asked me to marry him  :D

We are doing things very differently this time. We are having a very basic marriage in a registry office in February, with only my daughter and our wedding photographer present. We are not telling anyone the actual date, or where it will be held. We are having a party 3 days later to celebrate with our family and friends.

I am so happy and excited, so thought I'd create a post to gather all of our plans together.

xxx

• CharleahCharleah Posts: 248 New bride
    Hi there! 👋 fellow February bride here. Glad you could move forward after your problems. Look forward to reading more ☺️
  • Charleah said:
    Hi there! 👋 fellow February bride here. Glad you could move forward after your problems. Look forward to reading more ☺️
    Ah thanks x Have you got a planning thread Charleah? 😊
  • Yah a new planning thread! We are a vow renewal so also keeping things pretty simple (just the two of us in Vegas).  Looking forward to hearing about your plans!
  • CharleahCharleah Posts: 248 New bride
    Charleah said:
    Yes I’m the travel themed Barn one! X
  • KittyFiennes KittyFiennes said:
    Yah a new planning thread! We are a vow renewal so also keeping things pretty simple (just the two of us in Vegas).  Looking forward to hearing about your plans!
    Aww, that's lovely. If it had been just us two, we probably would have gone abroad, but we have my 16 year old daughter too x 
  • Charleah said:
    Charleah said:
    Yes I’m the travel themed Barn one! X
    Excellent, I'm going to have a read of your thread 😊
  • We are getting married at Glenfield Registry Office. It has a really beautiful look.

We are also stay at a Premier Inn for the night before and then the night of the wedding. It is within walking distance of the register office.

• About Us

A little background to us. We grew up in the same village and he was my first crush. I used to write his name on my school books. We dated for around a month, but it never lasted. I was 15 and he was 17. When he was 20 he left the village and moved away. Years later, we added each other as friends on Facebook, but he very rarely used it. Fast forward to 2015 and it was my birthday in November. He messaged me happy birthday and we began chatting and flirting from then. He lived in the Highlands of Scotland at the time, but when we decided we really wanted to date properly, he handed in his notice and moved to Cambridgeshire, where I lived. This was February 2016.

In September 2016, I asked him to marry me and he said yes. We moved in together the following month and set a wedding date for October 2017. As I said earlier, this didn't work out. We split up at the end of March 2017 and were apart until June. I had decided to make a fresh start and had moved to Suffolk with my daughter. He followed. We revamped our relationship and although it's been tough, we have been extremely happy.

We moved in together in Ipswich in June 2018, as I was due to start teacher training in September. He asked me to marry him on my birthday in November. I said yes straight away! We talked a lot about what we wanted and decided to go for an almost intimate elopement, as cheaply as possible. We are both over the moon with our plans and our family and friends now know this is what we've chosen to do.

So that's us xx

• My dress for the ceremony

That's the model though, not me!

My cardigan to wear over my dress, as the wedding is in February!

Here are the shoes, the bag and the hair piece I am going to buy in January.

• Love your thread so far! I love rubyshoo so I think your shoes are absolutely gorgeous!
  • Love your thread so far! I love rubyshoo so I think your shoes are absolutely gorgeous!
    Thank you! I cannot wait to purchase them, just need to get Christmas out of the way first. Do you have a planning thread? When are you getting married?
  • SoontobeMrsJSoontobeMrsJ Posts: 67 New bride
    edited December 2018
    I don’t have a planning thread unfortunately, I get to worried people I know will find it, or that people won’t read or will find it boring! I get married in April so not too long after you. You must be getting so excited as you’re really close now!
  • Aww, I am sure your planning is fabulous and not at all boring :) It's all been a bit of a whirlwind, to be honest. When I'm doing my teacher training, I don't have any time to get lost in the world of weddings, and what with Christmas coming up, it has all had to be a bit of a strategic and regimented plan! I do enjoy the simplicity of our plans though  <3
  • Flowers

We have tried our hardest to steer clear of any of our plans from the first time around, but when it came to flowers, I had to choose the same lady. Myrtle Made It is a shop on Etsy and she also has a Facebook page. She makes gorgeous felt and fabric flowers. We have had a few discussions and she is getting to work on some designs, incorporating the colours of my dress and accessories into her ideas. We have decided that I will probably have 3 large roses, similar to this style...

My daughter is hoping to have a burgundy dress from Chi Chi London (again, we are buying in January!) Her little posy may look something like this...

I love the designs Jenefer makes. These are her links. https://www.facebook.com/MyrtleMadeIt/
    https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/MyrtleMadeIt

• MrsGtoBMrsGtoB Posts: 712 New bride
    Love your flowers they are so different and yours shoes are beaut 😍

Your wedding is going to come around so quickly after xmas. 
  • MrsGtoB said:
    Love your flowers they are so different and yours shoes are beaut 😍

Your wedding is going to come around so quickly after xmas. 
    I put a wedding countdown app on my phone last night and we have 58 days!! 

I was having a bit of a moan to MrC last night as I feel that a lot of people who we have told of our plans, have not even had the decency to message us and it seems that very few people are excited about it. I know we are not going down the traditional route, but this is my one and only wedding. I've not been married before and I'm now 41, so I only plan on getting married once. Perhaps it is because we planned the first time before separating, but still.

Sorry for the little rant. I'm so glad I have this forum to chat to people.
  • So, I have been thinking about a little gift for MrC on the morning of our wedding. After a fair bit of searching, I think I have an idea. I am going to make my own version of 12 months pre-planned dates; something like this...

• Sci-Fi NerdSci-Fi Nerd Posts: 52 New bride
    edited December 2018
    What a gorgeous idea of a gift! I love the simplicity it, and it'll be something that will continuously bring a little memory of the wedding day back :smile:
  • What a gorgeous idea of a gift! I love the simplicity it, and it'll be something that will continuously bring a little memory of the wedding day back :smile:
    Thank you! I really wanted something that would be memorable and this just fits the bill and without costing a fortune  :)
  • That gift idea is absolutely adorable.  I know for me, it would also give me something to look forward to each month :)

That cardigan looks lush.  I love a winter wedding but the cold is def a challenge.  I think you will have that beat.  Will your dress be green?  I love coloured wedding dresses.  I'm tempted to do pink or a grey/ silver, but so not sure what colours will (or will not) flatter my skintone.

Your registry office is very pretty.  How fortunate you have a nice looking one nearby!

I absolutely know what you mean about people not being excited.  I'm completely fine with it as this time is just a vow renewal, but when we were actually marrying peoples' lack of enthusiasm was disheartening.  In my case, it was the classic "you're getting married again" attitude.  It's like people come up with reasons to discount how important the day is to the bride: Oh, she's getting remarried.  Oh, they aren't having a big 'do. Oh, they aren't doing x, y, and z.     It's just rude.  I'm excited for you as are the other ladies on this forum!  And I'm enjoying seeing your plans come together.
  • Thank you for all of your kind comments Kitty. It is so lovely to know that our wedding is interesting to others, even if our family and friends don't appear to be interested. Yes, the green dress above is my "wedding dress". We are doing everything in a very budget friendly way, but it is also how we want it to be. 

We are going for a meal after the ceremony and photographs in Prezzo, which is sentimental to us as we celebrated our first Valentine's Day together in a Prezzo  <3 

The idea for the gift came about by accident, but like you say, it gives us both something to look forward to every month and celebrates our relationship too xxx
  • I have found the perfect wedding ring on Etsy!! I have it on reserve and am just hoping I won't need it resizing too dramatically. It features the stones of the month we got engaged and the month we're getting married. Both of the stones have special meanings too. One means friendship and the other means strong relationships x x 

• MrsCToBeeMrsCToBee Posts: 2,914 New bride
    That is stunning, I have a soft spot for amethysts!
  • MrsCToBee said:
    That is stunning, I have a soft spot for amethysts!
    Thank you. I am so in love with it and it's a vintage ring, which I adore 😊 I'm just hoping it fits or we can have it resized with out too many problems. The seller on Etsy gets them resized for you, with a small additional charge. 
  • Mr C and I are off out looking at rings and clothes today. He needs to find an outfit for the wedding and a ring and I need to get my ring size and a replacement engagement ring to match the wedding ring I'm in love with 😍
  • MrsGtoBMrsGtoB Posts: 712 New bride
    I love your gift idea, it's really thoughtful ❤

• MrsGtoB said:
    I love your gift idea, it's really thoughtful ❤

Thank you MrsGtoB. I'm just hoping my creative skills can do the idea justice xx
  • Such a pretty ring and I love that it's vintage! I should think sizing it shouldn't be an issue as it looks as though the stones don't go all the way around. It's those infinity bands that can a problem sizing but this looks very do-able.
    How exciting, a new e-ring.  I hope you find one you love!!  
  • I have spoken to the Etsy seller and she said it will be no problem to size up. Soooo happy :-) I didn't find anything in town that we liked enough as my new e-ring, so I am now trawling online sites for vintage rings to match the wedding ring I have chosen xxx
  • We have chosen our "mini" moon break which will probably take place at the beginning of July. We are going to stay at The Kings Head Hotel in Cirencester.       http://kingshead-hotel.co.uk/

I am so excited, the hotel looks amazing and we are going to visit Chipping Campden during our stay, too. Chipping Campden is where my ancestors are from and I have always wanted to visit.