Our travel themed barn wedding!

• CharleahCharleah Posts: 248 New bride
    Your faux fur wrap is lovely and the poem from your MOH is so sweet. Hopefully your H2B will get the suits sorted soon! Your new hairpiece is very pretty, I’m sure it will look gorgeous, and go really well especially as the flowers match your colour scheme.
    Thank you so much! I love my wrap and can’t wait to see what it looks like with my dress - must remember to bring it to my first dress fitting in Jan! I knew people would love the poem from MOH - she is a very creative lady! I will update on how the hairpiece - fingers crossed this one works 😁
    edited December 2018
    So we just went into Dunelm for a vase cause my work bought this gorgeous bunch of flowers and I didn’t have a decent one. Came out with wedding stuff of course. 

Got these glitter light up letters which we thought would look nice in the dark. We got 3 to make M & C. They really are glittery AF and covered Mats jumper in silver glitter so I warned him he might not want to carry them over in his suit on the day haha. 

We also got some more little white frames to put signs in and some bits for toiletry baskets. We won’t properly get toiletry bits until closer to the time though. 

I got a new snugly blanket too and I’m sat under it eating terry’s chocolate orange and watching Bridget Jones. Love Christmas.🎄 

I mentioned before that I was going to put movie quotes on the tables which have a travel theme. I had a go at designing some on Canva. I kept them quite simple because I’m trying to keep the clutter down. 

The programs

Speaking of Canva, I also designed some programs (I used a couple of ideas I’d seen on Etsy to base my ideas on) Canva is so great!

edited December 2018
    I’m also having these holiday photos of us on each corresponding table. 

The last 2 we haven’t actually done yet as one is a mini moon and the other the honeymoon. I will post details on the China honeymoon next. For the Paris table I’ve just used this picture of us all dressed up for the Moulin Rouge Secret Cinema. My absolute favourite film. 

Edit: I’ve decided not to go with this style of pictures anymore and I’ve ordered some photobooth style strips of 4 photos per table. They look classier and remind me of the photobooth pictures we did when we got engaged! 
    Lijiang

We hope to honeymoon in this beautiful city in northern China. Hopefully this will be in the summertime of next year.  
    So I saw this on another bride to be’s thread and cheekily stole the idea 🙈 if anyone else wants one, I bought it from Not On The High Street. 

Its ideal actually, because the first time we went to see the barn, we came to a fork in the road and didn’t know whether to go straight on or to turn left up the dirt track (which leads to Barn) because there’s no signs! So hopefully this will help direct our guests and will also look really cool. 
  • You have so many good ideas! The programmes are brilliant and so are the table photos. I think the sign will be really helpful for your guests.
    You have so many good ideas! The programmes are brilliant and so are the table photos. I think the sign will be really helpful for your guests.
    Awww thank you ☺️ I kind of became a bit obsessed with Canva! I love designing things 😁
  • GinAndBlingGinAndBling Posts: 1,311 New bride
    Oh my god your programmes! I love them. And what is this mysterious canva, I’m going to do some investigating. 

We we are planning on doing travel themed table names too, love the idea of putting the photos on the table. Might have to borrow that one!

Love the sign too, I think we may have been the inspo for that one 😏😊 
    Our planning thread: We're completely winging it.
    Our report: A fun, classic May day in navy and blush
    My weightloss thread: Diet denial! 
    Oh my god your programmes! I love them. And what is this mysterious canva, I’m going to do some investigating. 

We we are planning on doing travel themed table names too, love the idea of putting the photos on the table. Might have to borrow that one!

Love the sign too, I think we may have been the inspo for that one 😏😊 
    Hahah I think you were ☺️ As soon as I saw it I thought oh yay it can solve a problem and look wedding-y too haha. 

Canva is this free free graphic design program and it’s flipping ace. I’ve made so much cool stuff on there 😎 definitely check it out. Love that you’re also having travel themed table names! 
    edited December 2018
    The evening Jumpsuit came - what do you guys think? I plan to lose a few more pounds and you have to excuse my severely hungover naked face...

edited December 2018
    I’m not sure they’re the best photos 😳

So I’ll let people mull over the jumpsuit pictures 🙈 I think I will post some more when I’ve got makeup, heels and I’ve taken the tag off etc. I asked MOH what she thought and she said it was a bit abba-ish and she’d get back to me when I’ve got the complete look. 
    My hen do (1) 

So because I’ve got my BM’s from different walks of life - they don’t all know each other (well they didn’t) and so I thought I’d do a bit of a girls get together first to introduce them. I have 5 bridesmaids now (after my cousin dropped out - more on that later) which are: 

SIL2b 
    2 x friends of over 10 years who both know each other 
    A friend I met through work who I’ve got really close to over the last couple of years
    My bestie since year 9 of school who is my MOH

My MOH organised the party round her house, which we turned into a bit of a murder mystery night (girls just wanna have guns) and played drinking games etc. The plan was to go out after, but it got to midnight and I announced to everyone that I felt very sick and then proceeded to throw up everywhere, so it was time to end the party 😂 my bestie had made a ‘mixer’ which was just vodka mixed with what was essentially more vodka (which we found out the next morning). Just to add too much information (but it’s funny so why not) I actually threw up a whole olive, which at the time we were confused about. The next morning I told one of my BMs and she said she’d seen me swallow a whole olive without chewing and then we both went into fits of laughter about how funny it was. Just glad I didn’t choke 🤦🏻‍♀️😂

*Unflattering angle that last one 😂*

Anyway, it was a great night and I enjoyed doing the murder mystery part. We played this one if anyone’s interested. 

Hen do (2)

So my actual hen do I have organised myself (my MOH finds things like that stressful and she did sort out the party at hers) plus my fSIL is organising a day activity for us which I know nothing about and I have a feeling my MOH has organised a stripper 🙈😂 I’m hoping we have a phoebe from friends scenario because my mum will be there and I want it to be funny not awkward hahah. 

So basically we are off to Liverrpool for the weekend in January. We have got some nice apartments booked Fri-Sun and a party bus is taking 17 of us to Liverpool and 4 are meeting us there. Friday night is pizza and pajama night & then Saturday is the night out. 

It is a 1920s Peaky blinders theme and we are all dressing as flapper girls/Peaky blinders girls for the Saturday. I have called everyone my ‘Peaky Briders’ ;)  

Liverpool was first choice because a) I’ve never been there for a night out and it’s meant to be great. And b) they have the Peaky blinders bar which I desperately wanted to visit. 

So there you have it - my hen do no 2. I will post pictures in feb when it’s officially my wedding month!!! 
  • MrsGtoBMrsGtoB Posts: 712 New bride
    I love a night out in Liverpool you'll have a fab time.  Peaky Briders is ace 😂😂 love it!

I'm going to be honest I'm not a huge fan of the jumpsuit you have an amazing figure and just don't think it sits right. But it could look totally different with accessories and heels...

Moulin Rouge is one of my fave films too I was gutted we didn't have time to go when we went to Paris I'll have to go back. I wanted the elephant love medley for our signing of registrar but H2B didn't think it would work with string quartet 😢
  • I love a wedding jumpsuit! Put everything on and show us again..
  • MrsCToBeeMrsCToBee Posts: 2,932 New bride
    I like the top of the jumpsuit and your bum looks fab but to be blunt, you may be at risk of camel toe territory at the front 😂
    Hen do sounds fab, my fiance worked in Liverpool for a year and I had some lovely weekends up there - the shopping is great too.
    China sounds fab.
    I have now joined Canva as we are also doing tables named after places we have been but we have barely any photos of us together, we aren't really selfie people 😂
    MrsGtoB said:
    I love a night out in Liverpool you'll have a fab time.  Peaky Briders is ace 😂😂 love it!

I'm going to be honest I'm not a huge fan of the jumpsuit you have an amazing figure and just don't think it sits right. But it could look totally different with accessories and heels...

Moulin Rouge is one of my fave films too I was gutted we didn't have time to go when we went to Paris I'll have to go back. I wanted the elephant love medley for our signing of registrar but H2B didn't think it would work with string quartet 😢
    Heeey glad you like my ingenious title for the hen do 😂

i think the consensus is that the jumpsuit doesn’t look quite right..but I will upload photos of it when im a bit more done up and see. 

And omgosh elephant love medley would be amazing but if it doesn’t work you could always have it played later on. We’re having your song as our first dance! X
    WINNERS82 said:
    I love a wedding jumpsuit! Put everything on and show us again..
    Thanks! Yep gonna try it on again 🙈
    MrsCToBee said:
    I like the top of the jumpsuit and your bum looks fab but to be blunt, you may be at risk of camel toe territory at the front 😂
    Hen do sounds fab, my fiance worked in Liverpool for a year and I had some lovely weekends up there - the shopping is great too.
    China sounds fab.
    I have now joined Canva as we are also doing tables named after places we have been but we have barely any photos of us together, we aren't really selfie people 😂
    Thank you very muchly, I totally agree that I’m close to having a camel toe 🙈😂😂 I’ve found another jumpsuit tho and im going to compare and see which I like better. I just love the idea of something a bit different to a dress! Good luck with Canva - it’s so much fun to use and you can get so
    much out of it. 
    So I’ve found another jumpsuit from Topshop so I’m gonna try it and see if it’s any better. I’m determined to do this jumpsuit thing 😂

I think it will work, but I’ll try both jumpsuits on done up and compare! 
    edited December 2018
    My cousin
    Look who showed up from South Korea! She’s two months early and so wedding ready! ;) 

I really hope she doesn’t see this...
  • GinAndBlingGinAndBling Posts: 1,311 New bride
    Your mixer sounds great fun- I ended my maids and man mixer in a similar way😂😂

I’m not mega keen on the jumpsuit, the material seems a bit see through? I love the idea of a jumpsuit though! But you do you, if you love it you’ll rock it. 

Hen do sounds fab. Love the peaky blinders theme
    Our planning thread: We're completely winging it.
    Our report: A fun, classic May day in navy and blush
    My weightloss thread: Diet denial! 
  • I looked at House of ollichon for jumpsuits but they are quite expensive!

https://houseofollichon.co.uk/bien-bridal-jumpsuit/

WINNERS82 said:
    I looked at House of ollichon for jumpsuits but they are quite expensive!

https://houseofollichon.co.uk/bien-bridal-jumpsuit/

Hahaha I’ve got no chance but thank you!
  • I was just on the BHLDN website and they have some very cute jumpsuits if you're still looking.  Very reasonably priced as well.  They also have loads of pretty little white dresses if you decide against a jumpsuit.
  • I have just completely binged read your thread and I'm loving it! You are so comical and creative, sounds like you're going to have a fab wedding.

We get married in a private ceremony on 20th February and then having a party with friends and family on 23rd x 
    I have just completely binged read your thread and I'm loving it! You are so comical and creative, sounds like you're going to have a fab wedding.

We get married in a private ceremony on 20th February and then having a party with friends and family on 23rd x 
    Aww thank you ☺️ It’s nice to know you’ve read all my ramblings! It’s two months until the big day now..looks like for both of us!! You get married on my fiancées birthday! X
  • Charleah said:
    I have just completely binged read your thread and I'm loving it! You are so comical and creative, sounds like you're going to have a fab wedding.

Aww thank you ☺️ It’s nice to know you’ve read all my ramblings! It’s two months until the big day now..looks like for both of us!! You get married on my fiancées birthday! X
    Aww, hope he has a great birthday. Can't believe our weddings are so close! Exciting!!! 😊😊😁😁