The Broken Thread - 2019

KirBeKirBe Posts: 1,158 New bride
Happy New Year Ladies! 

New year, new thread and a fresh start. Got everything crossed that the new thread brings lots of luck to all of us and that this is the year we all graduate! 

How is everyone?

xx
Married October 2016
TTC since May 2016

'Shout out to all of us fighting a battle that most people will never understand'

• MrsGB2015MrsGB2015 Posts: 3,446 New bride
    Morning @KirBe

Thanks for the new thread, lets hope 2019 is our year!!

I 100% do not want to be back in work today - need my bed!

Hope everyone had a good Christmas & new year xx
    Married since June 2015
    TTC since August 2015

"The greater your storm, the brighter your rainbow"
  • KirBeKirBe Posts: 1,158 New bride
    The struggle is real at work today! It is so quiet as well! 

Did anyone make any New Years Resolutions? Mine was just to continue to do what makes us happy and continue to move forwards in our lives, not get dragged down by what has happened before 

xx
    Married October 2016
    TTC since May 2016

'Shout out to all of us fighting a battle that most people will never understand'
  • britbirdbritbird Posts: 1,486 New bride
    edited 2 January
    Morning ladies. I am not back at work yet, but spent the whole break in bed ill! Hope you all had a good Christmas. 
    @KirBe - That sounds a good plan - I dont really have one myself as such but I am going to try and be more positive so I suppose that will be mine haha!

@britbird Ohh no :( poor you - was it the dreaded cold/flu?
    Married since June 2015
    TTC since August 2015

• britbirdbritbird Posts: 1,486 New bride
    @MrsGB2015 I am always loathe to say flu as it is banded around so much, but basically initially it was sickness, then cold, cough etc. I have been sleeping about 18 hours a day! 
    @britbird I know what you mean - poor you :( hope you are on the mend xx

I cant remember if I updated in here about us needing our extra tests, Im sure I did but anyway we are just waiting on the clinic to contact us.  We had to do a questionnaire, which was rather frustrating as its all stuff they know but I presume this has come from the secretary who does this as standard for referrals although this is for tests but hey ho.  Hopefully they will call/send a letter soon! I just want to get on and started with this year!

Anyway, in other news - we've booked our log cabin break for May, we will be there over hubby's birthday so that will be lovely - hopefully I will be pregnant by then and can just relax and enjoy some time before our life is turned upside down - thats the dream but we shall see!! xx
    Married since June 2015
    TTC since August 2015

@britbird hope you feel better soon xx

@MrsGB2015 Hope it is not too much longer for you in terms of the referral for tests etc. You have definitely done more than your fair share of waiting for these kind of things! Fingers crossed you are at the log cabin with a bump in May! 

We are back at Slimming World officially tonight - 39 weeks until our big holiday so I am just focusing on that. Really really hoping we get a BFP before Christmas though. I would love for it to happen around the time we are on holiday so that we could tell everyone at Christmas time but I am cautious after everything we have been through so far to not get my hopes up too much! I am trying to go with the thinking of the doctors that weight loss will cure all but there's always the voice in my head that says there is more of an underlying issue! Especially when I read a story in a magazine about a 30 stone woman getting pregnant!! 30 stone!! I am nowhere near that weight so how could it have happened for her and not for us! But anyway thinking positive is key!

We will be getting those vitamins/proxeed etc out in July ready for October and give it everything we got! :)
    Married October 2016
    TTC since May 2016

@KirBe - Thanks hun - I hope they do contact soon and get us in without too much more hold up.  It seems anything to delay, they do!  Just hoping it goes to the right person now and is done correctly going forward or we will end up even more frustrated and with more waiting!  The fun of IVF (insert eye-roll here haha!)

I am so, so hopeful for you hun!  You really deserve some good news and that would be a lovely announcement to make!

It is so frustrating the way the drs bang on about weight but then you read stories like that! 

2019 is going to be our year hun - we've got this 100%!!
    Married since June 2015
    TTC since August 2015

Hi ladies,

Heard from the hospital today - they've booked us an appointment for next wed (16th) she didnt really say on the phone but I am hoping this is for our tests and not just any old appointment.

She did say she will be sending out a letter, so will await this and if its not clear that it is for the tests then I will call to check.  There is no point us going for just an appointment as I feel this is a waste of everyones time.  Our consultant knows what needs to be done, as do we so we just need to get on with it haha!

I do think it must be for the tests as he said when we saw him last, that this would be done elsewhere not in that room where we usually see him and the one thing the lady did say on the phone was that its at a different hospital.  So, fingers crossed that means we are having the tests!  I assume so but I always seem to get batted around and things dont get communicated correctly always!

Keep those fingers crossed for me!!

Hope everyone else is well xxx
    Married since June 2015
    TTC since August 2015

Afternoon ladies! 

Did everyone have a nice weekend? 

@MrsGB2015 excellent news that things seem to be progressing so quickly for you hun! Fingers crossed it is for the testing and not just a pointless appointment! Is it with the same Dr just via the NHS for the tests? In which case you would of thought he would know the score and have you in for what you need rather than a consultation!

I actually have a small TTC update for once! My cycles are normally long and crazy irregular but since I have moved house and am definitely in a happier place in my life they are averaging at 36 days!!! 36 DAYS!! For those who have been around a while you will know that is unheard of for me!! I am normally lucky if it is under 40 days!! So the last 3 cycles I have had have been 34, 38 and then 35 days. I was so shocked yesterday when I noticed AF had arrived (I had assumed the 34 days was a fluke to be honest) I nearly fell off the toilet! Hopefully this is a good sign that things are on the up for me! We still have issues with hubby to deal with but if my cycle can even out and behave itself I feel that is half the battle! I have started using my Ava bracelet again this cycle so I can see what is going on because it is so crazy to me to have cycles that are almost a 'normal' length! 

xx
    Married October 2016
    TTC since May 2016

@KirBe Thanks hun! I hope so but Ive learnt that things never seem to go that smoothly haha!

I did say to the lady is this with Mr Kalu (our consultant) as I dont want to be wasting anyones time here as its meant to be for tests and she did say yes it is with him and didnt say but its not for tests or anything, so fingers crossed!

Ohh yay for cycle length! That is good news hun, fingers crossed that the move etc has done you the world of good and things are finally going the right way!! xx
    Married since June 2015
    TTC since August 2015

@MrsGB2015 it all sounds positive then hun! But I totally get the worrying especially after some of the bad luck you've had with appointments and things! 

I honestly feel like a whole different person since we moved house. I didn't realise I was as unhappy as I was in my previous house but maybe my body did!
    xx
    Married October 2016
    TTC since May 2016

@KirBe Yes, hopefully it all is moving forward! I know its not been plain sailing with all our appointments so I am always a bit cautious!  Fingers crossed the letter will confirm all is well!!

Its crazy isnt it how much things affect you/your body even when you dont realise it!  Especially stress, I always thought I wasnt that stressed until things are lifted and happening and I can tell the difference in how i feel if that makes sense xx
    Married since June 2015
    TTC since August 2015

Morning ladies!

I just thought I would pop by with my latest saga!

So, as mentioned we have the appointment next week but it was bothering me that it wasnt for what we need, so I decided I wouldnt wait for the letter and just call.  I rang yesterday and the lady was nice enough and said she would need to speak to the nurses and see whats what, so i was obviously expecting a call back, which never happened - what a surprise!

I called again this morning only to be told they need my consultant to look at it and advise as he obviously knows whats what and what I need etc, but he is on annual leave until Monday! Arghhh!!

I mean, its frustrating but at least I know that we wont be contacted until then and it could potentially change the date.  I am just more annoyed that the lady from yesterday didnt bother to update me with this and was going to leave me a week without knowing!!  :|
    Married since June 2015
    TTC since August 2015

@MrsGB2015 ugh sorry your getting messed about so much with appointments again! I sometimes think that people don't get that not hearing back/waiting is one of the worst things in this whole process. Hopefully it settles you a bit now knowing there will be nothing until Monday. 

I hate waiting for phone calls and things. Drives me mad! 

xx

Married October 2016
    TTC since May 2016

@KirBe Thanks hun - I just have a feeling its not right and would rather check now than waste time but even that is a hassle.

I swear if the consultant doesnt sort this on Monday and we dont get a call, they will be getting a strong worded phone call tuesday morning! 

Our appointment is for Wednesday, so they need to pull their fingers out and confirm!
    Married since June 2015
    TTC since August 2015

Hi ladies, hope everyone is well!

I am just popping by to share the news of the scream for ivf campaign in case you haven’t seen the latest! 

The update can be found here - https://www.change.org/p/scream4ivf-to-support-greater-funding-of-free-ivf-treatment-and-equality-across-the-uk-and-all-ccgs/u/23873957?cs_tk=Adqn81Vv3wmAMkkDP1wAF8IaODBv1PDZMz8ZQW9Jbg%3D%3D&utm_campaign=a2da0558ebb44e4c809280108c68374d&utm_medium=email&utm_source=petition_update&utm_term=cs

Basically, it has the signatures required and they are delivering to Downing Street tomorrow!! Woo!! Well done ladies!!

Fingers crossed this starts the ball rolling for fairer funding across the UK
    Married since June 2015
    TTC since August 2015

• MrsH12MrsH12 Posts: 522 New bride
    Hi Ladies,

Hope you are all okay. I had a consultant appointment the other week and been told i don't ovulate properly (which i felt i already knew) so they have given me 6 months of clomid, which is what i wanted the next step to be so I'm happy :)

Have any of you ladies been on Clomid? How did you find it? Any side effects etc?

xx

@MrsH12 hey hun, I hope the clomid works for you! Fingers crossed

ive not been on it personally but I’ve heard mixed reviews, mostly good though! Hopefully you’ll be on the good side! Xx
    Married since June 2015
    TTC since August 2015

• MrsH12MrsH12 Posts: 522 New bride
    I've ben told to take it day 2-6 of my cycle, on day 3 so far 
    got to have a scan between days 12-14 of my cycle and a blood test on day 21. Im assuming this is to check follicles are maturing and to see if i ovulated?

Thank you hun :) xx
    Arghhh!! So frustrated with clinics and appointments!!

So, I mentioned before I was worried that my appointment wasnt quite right and after a few calls they said the consultant would look at it today and someone would call me

Anyway, I left it until half 2 and chased as I didnt want to run the risk of missing the relevant people.  Spoke to a nice lady to be fair and she said I would say this is right, due to the funding, youll need to come in and the consultant will then book you for what you need.

How stupid does this sound?  Surely thats such a waste of time.  Just to tick the boxes for funding we need to physically go to an appointment?  

Naturally, I said most of this to her and stressed I dont want to waste anyones time, especially ours as we have booked the afternoon off and she was just basically like this is how it will work as far as she understands.

Soooo, I foresee us being in there for 10 mins or so whilst he books us in - ergh!  Whilst I am obviously grateful for funding, its just such a pain!!
    Married since June 2015
    TTC since August 2015

Afternoon Ladies! I am always lurking but I can''t seem to sign in on my phone anymore so I have to wait until I get chance at work to reply to you all! 

@MrsH12 no experience of Clomid myself but I have read good things and lots of success stories so fingers crossed!! 

@MrsGB2015 Sorry you are having such a nightmare with the clinic again hun, all the admin side of it sounds so frustrating! It is crazy like you would think it would be more cost effective for the NHS to just get you in for your actual appointment rather than taking up the consultant's time with a pointless one! Crazy! 

Zilch to report over here. This limbo I seem to be stuck in at the moment absolutely sucks! I have lost half a stone though so I am making some progress towards things I guess. 

Hope everyone is well xx
    Married October 2016
    TTC since May 2016

@KirBe Exactly!  It all seems crazy but hey ho - we will do as told, I just want to get the tests done as I am worried about the results already - I know thats silly but its my crazy brain on overtime as always!

Woo for the 1/2 stone weight loss thats great hun!  I need to give myself a kick - Christmas did me no favours and ive slipped a bit and cant get myself back on the wagon - oops!! xx
    Married since June 2015
    TTC since August 2015

• SlopeydopesSlopeydopes Posts: 175 New bride
    Hey everyone,  took me a while to find the new thread. I thought you'd all gone! 
    Glad to hear all the updates from everyone. Hopefully we'll start getting some good news soon from you all.
    We're just trying to get hubby in for his sperm analysis. It's not manned and you have to leave a voicemail  No callback yet after two calls and around a month😕. Hopefully we'll hear back soon 
    @Slopeydopes unfortunately I’m still here! As much as I love you ladies, I just want it to be our turn and I really hope we all get there around the same time! I’d love to go through the next steps together! 

That’s really frustrating about the SA, what terrible service! Is there no email that you could send a strongly worded message to? 
    Married since June 2015
    TTC since August 2015

Hey ladies! Hope everyone is well 

So, today wasn’t such a waste of time after all our consultant said I needed blood tests to check possible reasons for implantation failure. He gave me the info to have them today but the clinic we had to see him in today couldn’t do them due to no lab and they are urgent, so we hot footed to our usual hospital and that part is now done. 🙄

I said to him about the hysteroscopy and he said oh yes we may need to do that depending on the blood test results.  Then he changed his mind and said let’s just book you for it and get it done that will solve any hold ups. So, I’m booked for that on the 12th feb.

We will then need to go see him once all the results are back in, probably end of feb/beginning of March and go from there xx
    Married since June 2015
    TTC since August 2015

• SlopeydopesSlopeydopes Posts: 175 New bride
    Glad things are moving for you. Hopefully you'll get some positive answers soon about whats going on. Hubby phoned again and now has an analysis booked for the 4th of February. Itll be nice to have something conclusive so we know exactly what the next steps are.

We're starting to look at sorting our finances out too as they've been a nightmare this last year with DH tax issues. 
    Last year was one of the hardest years we've had and I'm so relieved it's over and we can start making big changes. 2019 is going to be a good year for all of us
    @Slopeydopes Thats good that your hubby has managed to get that all booked in, fingers crossed that it all goes smoothly.

2019 has to be our year hun! Fingers crossed xx

Married since June 2015
    TTC since August 2015

• BekhaGBekhaG Posts: 584 New bride
    Hi everyone, happy new year! I hope you are all well? xxxx

MrsH12- I got prescribed Clomid by a fertility consultant last Oct (we're under Old St Marys in Manchester). Missed out on taking them that month but one freaking day! Argh! So took them in Nov and Dec but didn't get pregnant sadly. Took 50mg days 2- 6. Since I lost weight last July my cycle has regulated to 28 days.

First month I had ovulation pain and ovulated, second month no pain but really strong, erratic mood swings while taking the Clomid, it was awful. Again, tests showed I ovulated (I wasn't before the Clomid so happy it worked). I was a nightmare during the mood swings, it was awful, way worse than PMS! In Nov 2 follicles were maturing, in Dec 5! So a nurse told me to stop trying that month (yeah right! we did try, of course) and stop taking it altogether going forward, as I was reacting too strongly to it.

This week I've had surgery- a laparoscopy- to see if I had Endo but the good news is I don't! I don't have a cyst on my right ovary either, which is what the consultant thought from my MRI scan last year. My right fallopian tube is curled round the ovary but both are fine. Womb looks good and is spacious. Turns out I was born without a left ovary/ fallopian tube (sob!). As no Endo my second hysteroscopy was scrapped (yay!) as was due to have another while under this time. I also had a dye test at last.

Consultant has said go away and try again now. I will be taking the Clomid again as have 4 month supply left and want to ensure I ovulate! Even though they've told me to not take it. If no success by June we'll be doing our only NHS- funded IVF cycle in July. Its taken 3 years and 3 months to get this far..... I was 33 when we started trying, feels like a never ending nightmare but I'm more hopeful with where we are now post surgery than I have been since my last hysteroscopy 2 years ago, but that didn't address my lack of ovulation so no chance even then. Hopefully now all the planets will fiiiinally align!

MrsGB2015- I found I was very sore after my hysteroscopy and ended up with a post Op infection. The discharge down below was gross but it was the fever that came with it that was truly awful :( I hope you don't have the same problem. My consultant at the time promised me it was a miracle cure and I'd get pregnant soon, but my cycles were still erratic and long then and, as the year wore on, it was quickly clear I wasn't ovulating. Why are they doing yours? I've lost track of where everyone is up to in their journeys!
    @BekhaG - Wow youve been busy hun!!  I have everything crossed that it all works out before the IVF but if not - hopefully that will work for you! 

As for the Hysteroscopy - that doesnt sound good!  I hope that doesnt happen for me - eekkk!!  They are doing it as part of all my tests for recurrent implantation failure - Ive had a ton of blood tests done also.  FC nothing major flags up and we can get moving with our next FET x
    Married since June 2015
    TTC since August 2015