We're completely winging this.. 25 May 2019

• The letters look so good! Have to say though I don't think I would be buying corks, it's the perfect excuse to drink wine 😉
  • cs2thecoxcs2thecox Posts: 257 New bride
    Oh they look super!
    Just catching up on everyone's threads from Australia after going to a wedding on Saturday - also having the festive season off from my own...
  • GinAndBlingGinAndBling Posts: 1,268 New bride
    @FutureMrsTomlin I did think about  that but to be honest most of the wine we buy is screwtop.. not sure it would have looked so effective  :D

thanks @cs2thecox, that sounds like a great break! 

Our planning thread: We're completely winging it.

My weightloss thread: Diet denial! 
  • Cecilia13Cecilia13 Posts: 456 New bride
    Just caught myself up in your thread!
    Firstly, I LOVE the bridesmaid dresses, they're stunning and I want one for me hehe.
    Secondly love the letters, they look great! Thirdly, that's so exciting you'll be an Auntie :).
    Everything is looking beautiful!
    @Cecilia13 ; welcome back! your trip looks amazing. Thank you x

My wedding ring arrived today. I kept trying diamond bands on but they just didn’t sit right with my engagement ring. This is a plain platinum band from the Beautiful Company who I wholeheartedly recommend, they are the best price I found and the service is really good.    

• That looks so lovely!! Thanks for the recommendation too, ive been struggling to find a palladium or platinum band thats reasonable x
  • Your rings look lovely together!  
  • MrsCToBeeMrsCToBee Posts: 2,545 New bride
    Gorgeous, I'd forgotten how lovely your engagement ring is!
    Thanks all, I'm really pleased! All feeling very real now.. 

• MrsA-NToBeMrsA-NToBe Posts: 192 New bride
    Just had a big catch up and love your rings (plural)! Could I ask what width you got your wedding ring in? I’ve been looking for something like this and the prices seem so good, but wondered what width you got for ‘in real life’ comparison! 
    Thank you. 
    It’s a medium heavy court, 2.5mm width. I think this company do a service where they send you mock ones to try on, but don’t hold me to that! 
    I tried on bands in the high street to be honest and chose that way. 

• MrsA-NToBeMrsA-NToBe Posts: 192 New bride
    Ah that’s interesting, I’ll have to have an investigate! I was after a thin one, as my engagement ring is thin and noticed they do a 2mm one. 
    Thanks for your help! 
  • Ashley72Ashley72 Posts: 1,137 New bride
    Your rings are gorgeous!! I love three stone rings. 
    edited 17 January
    I’ve ordered some earrings for my ladies and also some cufflinks for my bridesman. We’re having a meal the night before so currently the plan is to give gifts to them then. 

I’m still going back and forward on matching PJs. I brought some before on a whim but have decided I don’t like them abymore 🙈. Part of me thinks it will be fun, the rest just thinks it’s an unnecessary extra cost. But I’ll keep looking!

• I love those cufflinks!! The peg board looks awesome too, what a great idea!
    Thanks CDA! 

• CharleahCharleah Posts: 250 New bride
    I love your rings ❤️ And your board is very cute 
    We’ve had a complete wedmin weekend so lots of updates! 

First... let them eat cake..

My Mum owns a cake decorating shop and is designing and making our cake. We put together a Pinterest board of the ideas we liked over the past few months and sat down with her yesterday to go through it. 

It’s going to be a four tier round cake, with a separate fruit cutting cake. We’re having toffee with salted caramel, carrot cake and vanilla flavours. 

This is the vague sketch and below a picture similar to what we will have, save the top will be marbelled pink and the 3rd will have thicker gold and navy ribbons across it all. She’s also making some sugar flowers to match my bouquet to drape down it. 

She is incredibly talented so I know it will look great.

• Love your rings, they look great together. 

That cake is amazing! 
  • MrsCToBeeMrsCToBee Posts: 2,545 New bride
    We’ve had a complete wedmin weekend so lots of updates! 

First... let them eat cake..

My Mum owns a cake decorating shop and is designing and making our cake. We put together a Pinterest board of the ideas we liked over the past few months and sat down with her yesterday to go through it. 

It’s going to be a four tier round cake, with a separate fruit cutting cake. We’re having toffee with salted caramel, carrot cake and vanilla flavours. 

This is the vague sketch and below a picture similar to what we will have, save the top will be marbelled pink and the 3rd will have thicker gold and navy ribbons across it all. She’s also making some sugar flowers to match my bouquet to drape down it. 

She is incredibly talented so I know it will look great.

Wow, that is beautiful.
    edited 20 January
    Thank you @CavalierBride and @MrsCToBee

Saturday morning we went to the vicarage to go through the ceremony with the vicar. He read through the whole thing with us and spoke about the meaning behind it all. It was all really lovely and it was good to think about. 

We confirmed our hymns and readings. For hymns we are having Give Me Joy In My Heart which was apparently my favourite at primary school, and One More Step Along The World I Go as the hymn just before we leave. 

For Readings we have each asked a friend each to do one. My friend is reading Union by Robert Fulham:

FH’s friend is reading our religious reading, which is Ecclesiastes 4:9 -12:

9 Two are better than one,because they have a good return for their labor:
    10 If either of them falls down,  one can help the other up. But pity anyone who falls and has no one to help them up.
    11 Also, if two lie down together, they will keep warm. But how can one keep warm alone?
    12 Though one may be overpowered, two can defend themselves. A cord of three strands is not quickly broken.

After the vicar we went across to the venue for our final venue meeting to discuss timings and what will happen on the day.

We had been a bit apprehensive about this meeting because of some issues we had over Christmas with them limiting suppliers but it was all basically fine. The only major thing outstanding is when we can access the hall. We were told the whole way through this was the day before from 4. The coordinator has now said to us it depends if there is an event the evening before. She told us she would check straight away so hoping to hear today. 

The cake is amazing! That's the sort of thing I hope to be able to create one day! I absolutely love the textured roses/bottom tier! 
    Out of interest, how many people are you having? I'm really struggling to work out how many tiers/what size I need for the number of guests. I really like cylinder tiers and I can't find any scales/advice based on those shapes, and every website I've found has different advice. Gah!
    We have 90ish day guests and we think around 60 more in teh evening. 

For the 12 inch, it will be a single tier height with a 1/2 height dummy underneath to give the height. The 8 on top will be a double height too (dummy again). 

That works out to be about 104 portions at 1 x 2 inches. We also have the fruit cake to be cut up, no idea on the size of that. This is the guide used: https://www.sugarandicecake.co.uk/tips/portion-guide-for-celebration-cakes_10

Thank you! That is really helpful :) just want to make sure everyone gets some (and maybe some extra left over for me 😁). I can't wait to see yours :)
    @Cecilia13 ; you're welcome, and the same to you, I love all your creative ideas.

Sunday saw us head off to the venue decorator to choose centerpieces etc. We'd pre-booked a package including hire of chiavari chairs. Originally we had planned to do our own centerpieces but the package seems reasonable and it's one more thing that someone else can worry about. 

I'd originally planned to do bottles sprayed gold etc with flowers in so I have 3 big boxes of those to play with still... Our venue is pretty big so we will get those scattered around and I have ordered some light cork things (which is the official name) to put in the fancier looking ones. If that DIY doesn't get done then no bother. 

Despite us having talked about it before, FH has this remarkable ability to sit in meetings with vendors and act like he's never heard of what we are due to discuss before. But I digress. 

We are having navy table runners, with blush pink sashes on the chiavari chairs. The sashes are extra and completely unnecessary but at this stage I feel like we’re in for a penny in for a pound and they are pretty and tie our colour scheme in nicely. H2B was super keen for them so they are sold. 

The top table will have pink swags and blue sashes. 

For the centerpieces we are having gold candelabras with small tealights. The main reason is they are slim on the bottom and we have sharing boards so didn’t want to crowd the table out. The top table will have a smaller display along the front. We may have coloured candles too, depending on the cost. 

We aren’t having the charger plates (gorgeous but too big) in the photos.