Our travel themed barn wedding!

• CharleahCharleah Posts: 233 New bride
    I found a box for cards! Good old tkmaxx! They love their map and globe stuff in there. 

I like sloths. 
    Oh yeah! And the photos strips came. They’re really cute and look better than the photos I was gonna use. They remind me of the engagement photobooth pictures we did too. I made these on the app Cheerz. 

☺️
  • Ive been following your thread. I get married on 21.02.19 so its good to see others peoples plans around this date ! Its sooooooo close now!!!
    Emma940 said:
    Ive been following your thread. I get married on 21.02.19 so its good to see others peoples plans around this date ! Its sooooooo close now!!!
    Omg! That’s so close to ours! How exciting! 
  • Emma940 said:
    Ive been following your thread. I get married on 21.02.19 so its good to see others peoples plans around this date ! Its sooooooo close now!!!
    Another February bride  :) do you have a planning thread Emma?
    edited December 2018
    So guess what??? The boys got their suits! Can I get a hallelujah?!

In the end they went with a blue/grey tweed. 

Here is Mat looking handsome!

Here’s his two best men:

It’s not the original blue tweed I wanted but I’m happy cause they look good!

The groomsmen just need to sort themselves out with a suit to match(ish) now. We also need to get everyone burgundy ties, but we’re still trying to decide whether to go patterned or not. We shall see 😊

I also bought this tweed hat for Mat (🙊) from Amazon - hopefully it fits and looks right with the suit. 

• Yay, another job ticked off the list. We went out to look for clothes for Mr C today. I tried really hard to get him to appreciate tweed, but to no avail. 
    Yay, another job ticked off the list. We went out to look for clothes for Mr C today. I tried really hard to get him to appreciate tweed, but to no avail. 
    Ahhh never mind! You can nudge them in the right detection but they’ll always go with what they want in the end. It’s a good job they don’t get involved with our dress shopping. I guess 😂
    Happy new year! I get married next month!!!!!!
  • MrsCarnegieMrsCarnegie Posts: 463 New bride
    Charleah said:
    Happy new year! I get married next month!!!!!!
    Me too 😊 Happy wedding year 🎉💖
  • MrsGtoBMrsGtoB Posts: 712 New bride
    How exciting, it will go so fast!! Happy new year xx
    50 days to go

I haven’t been doing much really other than trying to find miniscule things to do. I downloaded this app last night called Table Planner and added all 107 guests onto each table. I then painstakingly inputted their meal choices. 😁 I’m still missing meal choices from some people so I’m gonna harass some guests in a few days. 🙊 

I reeeeally want to order my seating chart now but I’m holding off. I don’t want to do it too early! 

We’re going with this airport style board cause it’s a bit of fun and also quite cute. T’will look lovely on the easel my brother has made. 

Also need to do some other major printing such programs, words of wisdom for the ceremony & other bits and bobs. 
    Bridesmaid gifts for the big day

I’ve been looking for some sort of clutch bag for the girls for a while now but they’ve all been so bleeding expensive! I managed to get these for just over £40 for 5 which isn’t too bad really. I like how wintery they look and they match the bouquets.  
    Those clutches are gorgeous  <3 The one you've showed has my name on too  :D
  • Those clutch bags are so cute!  I was considering getting bags for my bridesmaids too, but I've already spent about £50 on gifts for each one, so made myself stop haha.
    Thanks ladies! I think they are due and suit the colour scheme I’m going for! It’s definitely hard to know when to stop buying stuff 🤦🏻‍♀️😂
    I have every single guests meal choice!!!! Omgoshhhhh. Being organised feels so good. I have every single persons RSVP too except for one long distance relative, who no one has seemed to have heard from in months, and are pretty sure he won’t come. 

I mean I haven’t heard from half our evening guests but that doesn’t really bother me cause we got plenty of time 😁

I don’t know what the point of this post is other than to brag and feel smug 😂

I’m gonna go read some people’s blogs cause I’m unemployed and carefree....for now 🤪
    Comfy shoes 

I caved and bought some. Hopefully the pure comfort and joy that my feet will experience will make me dance right until the very end 💃🏻 And I’ll totally wear these again ❤️
    So much pain...

The last few days have been pure hell because I’ve had awful toothache ☹️I’ve  had a visit to a&e to rule out infection and an emergency visit to the dentist where I was told it’s an inflamed nerve and there’s not much they can do ☹️ I’ve just been dosed up on codeine and ibuprofen eating soup. I’m going to ring them back tomorrow cause I can’t go on with this level of pain! On a positive it has helped with the old weight loss though, all this eating bland boring foods. 

So I haven’t really got anything wedding-y done. My Toms came and they were too small so I’ve ordered half a size up which should be fine. And it turns out the uncle who no one had heard from is coming to the wedding after all so my numbers are up to 107 for the day.

Not sure what else to post about really 😳
    Oh i ordered these gold meal sticker things and once they come I can start writing place cards. I think I might have a go at drawing out some table plans tomorrow/Friday after I’ve got my OU assignment submitted. 

Hope everyone’s okay and wedding planning is going swimmingly for all of you b2bs x
    Oh how could I forget?!

It’s my first dress fitting on Saturday!! So I’m excited about that 😁😁😁
  • MrsGtoBMrsGtoB Posts: 712 New bride
    Fab idea for a table plan and enjoy your dress fitting x
  • Enjoy your dress fitting Saturday, I hope you start feeling better soon! 
    The page boy 

So, our page boy is my adorable 8 year old cousin who has autism. He’s the most intelligent, funny inquisitive kid you’ll ever meet and he makes me laugh so much. We don’t know if he’ll do the walk down the aisle on the day, it all depends on how he’s feeling and if he’s too overwhelmed, but we wanted to give him the opportunity anyway. He’s super obsessed with Mario right now and when I found this on Etsy I was like like - omg that is perfect for him! 🍄 

Thank you - I hope he’ll love it! 
    My hair piece has arrived and 😍

I swear this is my third and final hair piece now 🙈 it’s so pretty and I’m really happy with it! 

I managed to sell the first floral one I bought on Sell My Wedding for £ 40 quid too so I’m pleased with that :) 

And my Toms came and they fit this time hurray! 

They’re practically slippers 😁

🎉 6 weeks today!!! 🎉
    Your hairpiece and Toms are stunning  <3 I have an app on my phone and it says 39 days till our wedding! I can't believe it's so close!!
    Omgosh @MrsCarnegie2be I know it’s so exciting! X
    My dress fitting 

Despite having a bit of a bridal meltdown and thinking that my stomach looked fat (I was bloated) and my mum and MOH telling me that my stomach was fine and I actually looked very slim..the appointment went well! I’m still in love with my dress and I still can’t wait till it fits me properly! Next dress fitting is Feb 13th so one more month to just shift a few more pounds. I figured since it’s the 12th today - that month doesn’t start until tomorrow - so I’ve ordered myself pizza to make myself feel better 😂 the OH is out with his mates, so while the cat is away the mouse will sit in her pajamas watching re runs of Say Yes To The Dress and eating bbq chicken stuffed crust. I know how to do wild Saturday nights. 
    Rings 

Both rings have been purchased! Mat turned his salesman on and managed to get us a great deal on both which was in our budget! Mine is a crossover white gold band with diamonds and sits snugly underneath my engagement ring.