October wedding in a Vineyard 2019

• I also prefer the lace but think you look lovely in both! 
  • RoseyGoldRoseyGold Posts: 164 New bride
    And then there was just one contender!

Yesterday morning I was pretty sure it would be stripes, pretty sure but not 100%

Had 3 appointments booked in shops yesterday I'd not visited before 1st shop the attitude of the assistant was AWFUL, the second shop the lady was lovely, beautiful shop, and Mum got a cuppa so she was happy too.
    I've been stalking tea length dresses for ages and everything was a bit the same. But then I tried this one on.....
    I LOVE it!! I put my hot pink under skirt on after this picture and it just made it even more beautiful. It is just a super fun dress. The centre of the flowers is shimmery, as are the flowers, I just love it. FH always says about things having 'the jazz' this has bucket loads!!
    I felt really bad in the next shop as nothing compared to this. 

I'm taking my friend to see it on Tuesday and hopefully I'll finally have my dress! (I sent her a pic and she loved it too!) 
  • That dress is lovely!
  • It’s lovely! My favourite ❤️
  • MrsCarnegieMrsCarnegie Posts: 499 New bride
    Omg, that is gorgeous and beats the stripes hands down ❤
  • MrsCToBeeMrsCToBee Posts: 2,907 New bride
    Love it!
    Thanks Ladies, I really think this could be it...roll on Tuesday!
  • Cecilia13Cecilia13 Posts: 512 New bride
    That one is even better 😍 really really beautiful! Would love to see a pic with the pink underskirt too :)
    I did too unfortunately my photographer isn't very good and only took this picture 🤦🏼‍♀️
    Is it Tuesday yet? 🤣
    I've got a few days off this week and Mum is up so, today we're going to buy Dad's suit. He's having a three piece navy suit with a tartan tie.
    I will also be ordering FH's kilt. He's gone completely over budget as he wants a Plaid (the cape over one shoulder) so he's going to have to save more each month to pay for it!! His outfit will be costing more than mine.....but only just!!

And this afternoon a florist is coming over to talk flowers.....we meet her at a wedding fair I'm worried she's going to be expensive...We're seeing a recommended supplier florist on Saturday too. 
    Another florist came over nearly 2 weeks ago but hasn't sent her quote. I also had to chase to book the appointment so I'm a bit apprehensive about her.
  • I absolutely adore that dress! Its so fun and different!! 

Good luck with the flowers and fingers crossed it isnt over budget x

I ordered my dress!! I LOVE it! Thus is with the extra pink poof underneath. 
  • MrsHowgateMrsHowgate Posts: 1,379 New bride
    edited 29 January
    What florist are you meeting with? We met with a few Surrey ones namely Lily’s Flowers and Floresence. We decided both were a definate no. Both wanted more money but wouldn’t admit to it. We did plan to meet another but she cancelled on the day and wouldn’t reschedule 
    You look gorgeous and so happy in it - congrats!
    What florist are you meeting with? We met with a few Surrey ones namely Lily’s Flowers and Floresence. We decided both were a definate no. Both wanted more money but wouldn’t admit to it. We did plan to meet another but she cancelled on the day and wouldn’t reschedule 
    We spoke with floresence yesterday, I'm waiting for the quote I'm expecting mega bucks!! 
    Who did you go for in the end? I know it was in your report but I forgot 😁
  • MrsA-NToBeMrsA-NToBe Posts: 205 New bride
    Just had a catch up on your thread and love your dress... you look so happy in it! Just shows it was very much the right choice :). Hope you can get the flowers sorted soon! 
    MrsCToBee said:
    You look gorgeous and so happy in it - congrats!
    Thanks 😊
    RoseyGold said:
    We spoke with floresence yesterday, I'm waiting for the quote I'm expecting mega bucks!! 
    We went with Wedding Flower Company and so glad we did :)
    RoseyGold said:
    We went with Wedding Flower Company and so glad we did :)
    Thanks I'll check them out 👍
  • Cecilia13Cecilia13 Posts: 512 New bride
    AHH it's so beautiful!! You look amazing. I absolutely love the flowers and the back is really stunning! 
  • Love the dress, it's quirky and different but more romantic and bridal than the stripes - I think it's the perfect balance. 
  • Love love love it! So pleased you went for that one. 
    Yep as expected......3k!!! Ahhh nope! Fingers crossed for Saturday's one then if no joy I'll be looking elsewhere!!
    Thanks for all your lovely comments on my dress, I cannot wait to wear it again!
    RoseyGold said:
    Yep as expected......3k!!! Ahhh nope! Fingers crossed for Saturday's one then if no joy I'll be looking elsewhere!!
    Out total bill was £3500 but that included absolutely everything that I wanted and I wasn’t compromising lol. Do I regret it? Not really but I really should have stuck to my original budget. I blamed Pinterest lol
    And this morning I get told I'm being made redundant in April! 🤦🏼‍♀️
    Although not a shock we knew it was coming it would have been nice to wait until after the wedding! 
    CV in the works now!
    RoseyGold said:
    And this morning I get told I'm being made redundant in April! 🤦🏼‍♀️
    Although not a shock we knew it was coming it would have been nice to wait until after the wedding! 
    CV in the works now!

Oh no, hope you're OK. Is it definite? My team including me were put at risk of redundancy last April, but they didn't actually make 2 of us redundant in the end - it was just an exercise to get rid of some 'dead wood' to be honest!
    Yeah my role is gone, unsurprisingly there's 3 of us covering the entire country so we don't really make an impact. 
    I was in the same situation 15 months ago and fought to stay, I just don't want to do it all again.
    At least the pay off is nice as I've been there 16 years
  • RoseyGold said:

The Wedding plans- so far we've picked a church, he Catholic and we've found a lovely little church just outside Guildford.

We're looking online at venues but we have a lot of guests so within our budget it limits out choices. How many is a good number to look at?

I'm a bit confused at food costs for children, most hotels say it's half price for 3-12 year old then full price 12-18 year olds, but how can it be full price, they will be having none of the alcohol? Anyone got any experience of this? We've got quite a few kids and we're hoping at most they'd be half price.

I had this problem when I got married last year. We decided to limit the numbers to the ceremony and wedding breakfast which took loads of stress out of it and also brought down the cost. Opened up more choices for venues as we didn't need as much room for the formal foodie bit but had loads of outdoor space and a big marquee for the loads evening guests and evening food for all.

Each to their own but it's your day and you're paying for it!x

So excited I could literally burst!!!
    When we booked our reception venue we saw lots of pictures of these amazing lights in the glass atrium where we'll have our wedding breakfast.
    We booked it with a different member of staff who said that we'd need to pay extra for them and gave us the details for the company (I was expecting to have to pay extra).
    We contacted them and it cost something like £1600 plus VAT as lovely as they are there is just no way we could justify that so we moved on. The other room is a bit boring so we also wanted some drapes to cover the ceiling same company......£800 plus VAT. We found someone to do the drapes for less so we went with them.
    Then we went to Denbies (the venue) yesterday and saw the lovely wedding coordinator and she told us because it's October the lights and the drapes are included!!!!
    Not only am I completely giddy we get to have them it has brought the saving total for having it in October to somewhere around 6k!!!

Only 251 days to go....