The Broken Thread - 2019

• SlopeydopesSlopeydopes Posts: 185 New bride
    Hey everyone, how's everyone doing? Officially February so we've all made it through the mega month that is January! Just about.
    Husbands SA test is tomorrow. Don't think I'm going with him as he's a bit nervous about it and thinks it will be weird. Also trying to sort house out. Our mortgage application went to underwriters and its been rejected because DH is overdrawn but has been buying lottery tickets through an app. We know what we have to do to get approved though and have about 5 weeks to turn it round and apply again. These things are never simple! 
    Hope every ones enjoying the snow if you got some x
    Hubby has just gone for his SA. Just messaged me to say he's gone in and the woman on the desk said 'there's a 10 minute wait, please take a seat and warm yourself up'. He said, I didn't realise she meant from the cold  :D maybe poor choice of words! At least he's laughing now
  • MrsGB2015MrsGB2015 Posts: 3,627 New bride
    @Slopeydopes 😂😂 bless your hubby!! 

How long did they say it would be before the results are back?

FC for good news xx
    Married since June 2015
    TTC since August 2015
    Miracle Baby due April 2020

"The greater your storm, the brighter your rainbow"
    I think it'll be about a week. We're expecting to be told no sperm in the sample at all. They have to test before they start everything properly though. It'll be nice to know next steps 
    @Slopeydopes FC for better news - my hubs doesnt have anything in his samples, so if you ever need to chat you can always PM me :) xx
    Married since June 2015
    TTC since August 2015

Just wanted to update you ladies after I picked your brains on it - I bit the bullet and enquired about the job and they can make it full time for me and all looks promising!

They will still interview me etc but barring any massive hiccups, I think it may pull off but not getting my hopes up too much! ekk!! xx
    Married since June 2015
    TTC since August 2015

Amazing news on the interview  Always worth asking the question then!
    Are you doing IVF with a donor? 
    @Slopeydopes thanks hun, fingers crossed. No, hubby had a surgical sperm retrieval and they found some that way that we froze and have been using.

We haven’t got any left to use now though so if our last frostie doesn’t make it, we have a big decision to make 😬
    Married since June 2015
    TTC since August 2015

@MrsGB2015 it's hard isn't it. It's all new territory and thinks to think about. My husband says he's not bothered about using a donor but then asked the other day if he'd be on the birth certificate and would have to tell people.
    I don't think we could do sperm retrieval. We'll have to wait and see though 
    @Slopeydopes  It really is so hard.  We've discussed donor as that will be our next steps, hubby doesnt want to do another retrieval from the sound of it and seems ok with donor.

To be honest, I dont think anyone has to know unless you want to share.  He will be that babies dad and bring them up and as far as joe bloggs knows he is biologically as well, its just whether he/you are ok with the mental side of it and ok to do this, if that make sense?
    Married since June 2015
    TTC since August 2015

Afternoon ladies,

Hope everyones ok?!

Just a quick one, boring update really as its not TTC/IVF related but I've got my interview tomorrow for this potential move to another department - wish me luck!! xx
    Married since June 2015
    TTC since August 2015

• KirBeKirBe Posts: 1,158 New bride
    Hi Everyone! Sorry I have been a bit MIA - still can't get logged in on my phone and work has been absolutely manic! To be honest I don't really have a lot to say - I feel very much in limbo right now. Struggling on losing weight but not a lot else happening really! 

@britbird how were your bloods? Hope your doing ok? xx

@Slopeydopes glad hubby got through his SA! Hopefully not to long until it comes back xx

@MrsGB2015 yesss! What time is your interview? Good luck xx 

Married October 2016
    TTC since May 2016

'Shout out to all of us fighting a battle that most people will never understand'
    @KirBe what a pain re: logging into your phone.  Its horrible being in limbo isnt it, I am with you there on the weight loss too!!

I've made it my lunch time as to not rock the boat with my current manager so 12o'clock ill be under the hot spot haha xx
    Married since June 2015
    TTC since August 2015

@MrsGB2015 I know! I put my details in it tells me its logged in but it lies! So annoying! I am doing well but I feel like its such a long road losing weight and definitely not as fun as putting it on! Just feel like I am stuck in a rut desperate for a baby and getting nowhere close to having one  :(

Aww I'll be thinking of you at 12 with my fingers crossed for you xxx
    Married October 2016
    TTC since May 2016

'Shout out to all of us fighting a battle that most people will never understand'
    @KirBe how weird?  

Oh I know the feeling its so hard, I just feel like I am climbing a never ending hill - Ive got my hysteroscopy on tuesday so at least thats something but I am scared of what they may find 

Thanks hun, I will update when i know more - ekk xxx
    Married since June 2015
    TTC since August 2015

Good luck for your interview mrsgb. It is a long process and it feels like there's lots of waiting around for appointments and results. We've only just started  Can't imagine for the rest of you what it's like 
    @Slopeydopes - thanks hun, feeling nervous even though I know both the ladies and I am sure it will be fine - I hate interviews!

Im not going to lie to you, it is hard, there has been times I have wanted to quit this journey but the reward will be the best once we get there.  I know I am not ready to give up, there is nothing more I want in my life other than a baby, so I am remaining strong.

Its good to have people to talk to whether it be here, instagram (thats a fab place for support if you have it, I recommend making an "ivf" account) or friends/family etc its just good to have rants sometimes as it is tough and there are hard times xxx
    Married since June 2015
    TTC since August 2015

GL @MrsGB2015 xxx

I actually have a TTC update for once yay!! 

So I said to hubby months ago (around the time when we moved) that when he was ready to try again (via insemination or if things improve) he needs to let me know - because lets be honest I am always ready! And he told me this morning he is ready! We are healthier than we have ever been, we are exercising and happier than we have been in years - so I am so ready to get back on this crazy train. Yes we still have a way to go weight loss wise and yes we have some issues that we are aware of on both sides but I am not going to let this put me off. After all if we don't try then there is literally zero chance of it happening!

So we are going to have a bit of a chat tonight about when we want to start again officially and how we want to approach it this time. We will still be inseminating at home unfortunately, but as we aren't really getting any help right now in that department we need to just embrace the awkward situation that we are in and make the best of it! 

What this means to my holiday in October I don't know but I can cancel and get most of my money back up until late July so I will worry about it when I actually have to!

Fingers crossed for 2019 for all of us xx
    Married October 2016
    TTC since May 2016

@KirBe Thanks hun, all done just got to wait now!

Woohoo for being back on the crazy train.  I wouldnt worry about your holiday yet, youve got time.  Just embrace the situation and keep the good momentum going.  If you are healthier and happier than youve been for a long time thats a huge plus and I will be keeping everything firmly crossed for you xxx
    Married since June 2015
    TTC since August 2015

@MrsGB2015 fingers crossed for some good news on the job front! 

I know I am actually kind of excited to be giving this a go again. I know we are fighting an uphill battle with all our issues but I am trying to be positive and you never know what might happen! 

xx

Married October 2016
    TTC since May 2016

@KirBe Thanks hun - I really hope it pulls off

I know what you mean but never say never.  I am always hopeful for us all to get our little miracles and we will one way or another! xx
    Married since June 2015
    TTC since August 2015

• How did the interview go @MrsGB2015

We had hubby's results back tonight and its as we thought. SA showed no sperm in the sample. Which was what we were expecting. We had a replacement doctor and he looked a little nervous and surprised at how chilled we were. It's a shame but we both expected that result. It just means we get to move on.now to donors and next steps. 
    @Slopeydopes it seemed to go well but I’ve not heard anything yet! 😬😬

according to the girl that has just left the role, she thinks I do have it but they are sorting out the last bits but we shall see!

sorry about your hubbys results hun, even though you were expecting it, it must still be hard. Sending love.

Hope everyone else is alright?

Ive got my hysteroscopy tomorrow ekkk!! 😬😬
    Married since June 2015
    TTC since August 2015

• Hope everything goes OK for your hysteroscopy. That definitely sounds good about the interview. I really hope it all works out.
    I think we've both taken it OK because it's confirmed what we already knew. I must admit when I first found out I had a big melt down about two years ago. But it'll still be our baby even with donor sperm. 
    Hubby has friends who have adopted girls because they couldn't have a baby and theyre no less their children.
    @Slopeydopes thanks hun, just at hospital now waiting!

yes, that’s true! 100% still your baby, that’s what we’ve said if we have to go down that route also x
    Married since June 2015
    TTC since August 2015

Morning Ladies

@Slopeydopes sorry about your hubbys results. But you are definitely right using a donor or even adopting doesn't make a child any less yours xx

@MrsGB2015 good luck today. I hope it all goes well. And fingers crossed about the interview!

I have a question I want to put out there for all members of this thread or the TTC one really (current/past/lurkers - literally anyone out there who can offer some advice!!). My cycles have settled into a 35 day pattern after 4 years of me tracking them BUT my periods are almost non existent. Prior to this I would normally have 2 days heavy painful flow and then it would slowly start to trail off for the next 2/3 days. But now I just get brown spotting then a day of pink spotting (I wear a pad this day as it is maybe somewhere in between spotting and light flow - this is the day a class as CD1) then back to spotting again. In total it lasts about 3 days. Has anyone had periods this light before or should I be concerned? This has happened for the last 3 cycles out of the 4 that have been 35 days.

It is so unusual for me that as happy as I am about the regular cycles I am now scared something else is going on! 

I am tracking my cycle with OPKs and the Ava Bracelet this month to confirm if I am actually ovulating in these strange cycles, but I was just looking for some stories/advice really for anyone out there who has had super light AF? 

xx
    Married October 2016
    TTC since May 2016

@KirBe thanks hun, all went well and I’m back at my mums being looked after.

ive got to wait for a follow up from the consultant but as far as I know it went ok and no abnormalities found.

Im afraid I don’t have much to offer about light periods mine are usually medium flow then tail off but I’m sure some ladies will be able to help xx
    Married since June 2015
    TTC since August 2015

@MrsGB2015 good news that they didn't find anything abnormal. Fingers crossed for positive news at your follow up. 

The period situation is driving my crazy - I was facetiming hubby on my lunch at work and honestly I just feel that there is always something and what is the point in trying - we are honestly just thinking of settling back down and getting on with what we need to do for new tests and to finally get our bloody referral. I just feel like there is no hope naturally and that just makes me really sad. I was so excited to be trying again. I feel like I have turned back into a dramatic mess!

Sorry for the rant ladies I am slowly losing my mind over here :'(
    Married October 2016
    TTC since May 2016

@KirBe thanks hun, I hope it’s not too long until the follow up 🤞🏼

Im wondering if it’s the weight loss causing it hun? I’ve heard that can affect things but obviously I’m no expert.

I understand how you feel though, just feels like one thing after another sometimes!! 

Sending love xx
    Married since June 2015
    TTC since August 2015

@MrsGB2015 it could be I guess - stranger things have happened. I am just checking everything this month to try and work out what exactly it is doing. Fingers crossed I am still ovulating and everything else seems to be ok!

I am trying to be in a better mood today and get my positive pants back on but it is so hard! 

xxx
    Married October 2016
    TTC since May 2016