Forum home You & Your Baby

TTC 34 - 2019 / 2020 babies! 👶

• Tallie237Tallie237 Posts: 426 New bride
    Sorry mrs PB we must have cross posted. Sorry it was a BFN, you're not out yet though. How many dpo are you?

Thanks mrspope. I do think that this is it and Saturdays was just a surge. Im a bit gutted as it means a longer cycle again and that I've still got all of the tww left but I'm also relieved that I'm able to recognise my body's signs! 
  • MrsPB2019MrsPB2019 Posts: 832 New bride
    I thought I was 19dpo but as AF is nowhere to be seen then I guess I’ve no idea. I’m getting worried about the length of this cycle but I only had my implant out in Feb so I guess it’s normal. Definitely going to start temping but will wait until the wedding, minimoon and my birthday are finished first.
  • SammykateSammykate Posts: 4,014 New bride
    AF is here :( I knew she was coming but still. On the positive side this is the second AF since coming off the pill and both have been 25 days apart so it looks like I have a regular cycle already.
    On the positive positive side, adjusting my cycle to 25 days on Ovia means May AF will be due just before we go on holiday, not during!
    Fingers crossed you Ovd later and it's just to early to show on a test! I had a 45ish day cycle not long after coming off the pill, I can understand your frustration! Hope it all levels out soon or you get your BFP!

Oh sorry about AF sammykate, lots of wine and chocolates for you! That's good about being regular already and the holiday! I've been off the pill 16/17months and still not regular 😆
  • DandelionBlueDandelionBlue Posts: 1,455 New bride
    edited April 2019
    Sorry Sammykate that af has arrived. But it is good news that you are regular and that you won't have af during your holiday.

MrsPBtobe I think you might have ovulated later than you thought. So you are not out of the running yet. Could just be early days. FC for a bfp or if not that af doesnt play around with your emotions for too much longer.

Tallie that definitely sounds like ovulation. Nice strong line. And the cramping. Good that you kept BDing.

Hannah. I cannot express how heartbroken I am for you. Definitely put yourself first and take care of yourself. Same goes for your husband.

OmRum I am still hopping the spotting doesnt turn into af for yoy. Keeping my fc.

MrsMin I am sorry that it looks like your timelines won't match up. Hopefully there will be a little irregularity in your cycle or things will somehow come together. 

MrsPope 6dpo is still really early. I really hope it happens for you this time though. Keeping all my fingers and toes crossed.

I clocked another high temperature today and my rhr has gone up by another beat. So happy with things so far.
    I constantly had a full bladder yesterday.  Which I believe was the same for you MrsPope. So must have smthg to do with ovulation.
    I also had some unpleasant cramping in the evening. Which had me confused. But I am pretty sure I ovulated Monday or Tuesday.
  • Thanks everyone, it is stressful with the amount hubby works away but as much as I’m probably setting myself up for a fall I am feeling super positive about this month.  I’m going to try the SMEP method starting from next week when I’ll be CD8. You should have seen hubbys face when I told him last night, like all his xmas’s have come at once  :D

OMRum definitely sneak a glass of wine or 2, I am definitely on the drink till its pink bus, ttc is stressful enough I actually think a wine helps you relax so can help ttc and remember baby doesn’t share a blood supply for 6 wks so as long as in moderation you’re okay.  With my first baby we had drunk heavily on a couple of occasions before I got my BFP (we had only been trying 1 mth so really didn’t expect it) Course I stopped soon as I found out & shes absolutely fine.

Tallie I’d definitely interpret your OPK as a positive, happy bd’ing!!

Mrspb sorry about your BFN, I got a disappointing BFN before our wedding (we hadn’t been actively trying) but in hindsight I’m so glad I was able to enjoy my wedding and honeymoon carefree with a few cocktails! I actually then successfully conceived 2 wks after our honeymoon! Hope AF arrives soon for you.

Sammykate you are very lucky to have such regular cycles so soon.  I’m 6 months in and last cycle was 31 days but one before was 36 days!! It definitely puts you in an easier position to conceive.

Dandelion your symptoms could be implantion maybe you OV’d earlier than you think? 

MrsMin fingers crossed for this month! Just been reading about the SMEP and maybe we'll give it a go, why not- it seems to make sense. Need to get myself some OPKs.

Maybe I am speaking too soon about having a regular cycle and setting myself up for a fall! Came off the pill and had an AF (possibly a withdrawal one not a proper one?) after 2 weeks, then 25 days and AF, and now another 25 days and AF. My body could just been teasing me and the next one will be all over the place...

Thank you for all the wise words ladies. Tested again this morning and didn’t even get the control line 🙄 it was a clear blue one and the tip turned pink so I definitely got it. Might have to revert to peeing in a pot and testing next time I need to haha. TTC is so glamorous ay.
  • OmRumOmRum Posts: 943 New bride
    Sammykate, I was told by my nurse that it could take up to a year for my cycles to settle down after coming off the pill, but I seem to remember it not taking that long at all, so could go either way.

Sadly, AF has finally made her appearance for me just now. Obviously sad to be going into cycle 5, but on the plus side I don't really want a December baby. My planned weekend of Chinese takeaway, coke, wine and hot baths is go!

My last period was extremely painful to the extent I couldn't work, so if it is the same this time I'm going to go to the doctor and see if they can give me medication. I might throw in that we've been unsuccessfully tcc for four months but I expect at this point all they will say is to lose weight and come back to them in a few months time! No harm in trying though.
  • MrsPope2018MrsPope2018 Posts: 1,375 New bride
    Sammykate sorry AF got you :( but yay for another regular cycle. 

Dandelion I'm glad all your temps/HR are showing ovulation has happened :) yeah i always get the full bladder thing around ov and a couple of days before AF. Oh I know 6dpo is way too early to be having any sort of symptoms, I dont usually get any aF symptoms either (apart from the spotting)so guess it's just a waiting game. Still got a few days to go yet 😣

MrsMin enjoy the SMEP 🤣🤣 

MrsPB sorry your still in limbo... I've got a little pot in my bathroom cabinet that I use just for opks and pg tests 🤣🤣

OmRum I'm so sorry AF has arrived and I really hope shes not as painful as last month. 

Cd20, nothing exciting happening here... just waiting patiently 😏
    Hey ladies how are we all? Hope everyone's having a good weekend. I'm CD22 9dpo and have started spotting 😔😔 feeling really fed up and thinking about taking this month off trying while we wait for all our appointments to be done. Going to call the drs tomorrow to see if my blood results are back and just waiting until the 24th for hubby's appointment.  
    Ah mrspope I'm sorry the spotting has started 😣. A month off might do you good. I hope you get your results back tomorrow and they reassure you a little bit. Do you feel any different having started the ball rolling with the doctors? I'm ringing mine tomorrow for an appointment and Im hoping it gives me a bit of relief knowing tests are being done etc, although it's also really scary not knowing what they'll say. I haven't wrote in here for a few days as I've been struggling and feel like I always put really negative posts, this journey is so tough 💔
    I'm not really sure how I feel about it all tbh. I obviously dont want it to come back that theres anything wrong,  but at the same time I almost want them to find something that can be 'fixed'. 
    Also since finding out about hubby's issues in the past I'm more worried that its him with the problem as I'm not sure that can be quite so easily sorted, but I have no idea really. I just feel like either way we have a very long slog ahead of us and with already spending a year trying I just feel like it's never going to end. I'm also struggling at the moment,  I'm very tearful all the time, and my husband doesn't really want to discuss things, hes not much of a talker anyway when it comes to emotions etc and he just keeps saying let's wait until I've seen the dr before we think about anything else. I know what he means but its hard worrying about it all when he doesn't want to talk about it.  Ugh sorry about the negative rant 😞

Where are you in your cycle atm Tallie?I hope you manage to get an appointment soon and dont have to wait too long xx
    AF finally arrived today, actually feel relieved! I thought it was going to drag on and then make an appearance just before my wedding. A 38 day cycle isn’t ideal so hopefully they’ll get shorter as time goes on.
    Mrspope me and hubby are the exact same. I'm crying over everything and he just doesn't want to talk about it. He keeps saying "it'll happen when it happens" and doesn't understand that the thought of it taking another few years is terrifying for me. I understand what you mean about the doctors too, hopefully it's all good news and your husband test shows that his past issues isn't a factor! 

I'm CD21 but only 2dpo I think. Getting a lot of pelvic pain so convinced theres a problem there.

Mrspbtobe sorry AF arrived but glad it didn't drag on for you.
    MrsPB sorry AF got you, but glad she will be gone for you wedding!!

Tallie my husband is like that, only wants to think about things if/when they happen whereas I like to talk about all the possibilities and options incase we need help down the line. I'm going to try and ring for my blood results later today and hopefully they will be back... I hope you manage to get an appointment.  

My spotting turned into bright red bleeding late last night and quite a lot of it so I thought AF was starting early but then it went back to spotting, but this morning looks like AF might be here by the end of the day 😔 that means a 23 day cycle and a 10day LP which isn't great. 
  • MrsRagdollMrsRagdoll Posts: 281 New bride

Morning all,

Sorry AF has arrived already MrsPope :( I hope your blood tests start to give you some answers.

Sorry you've been struggling Tallie, I hope you manage to get a quick appointment with your GP and so can start the ball rolling.

I hope your AF hasn't been too painful this month OmRum and that you enjoyed your weekend of wine and Chinese!

Happy to hear your cycles are regular already SammyKate, I know some people who have taken up to a year so it's definitely sounding positive for you!

I am chugging away this month, not actively trying so thought I wouldn't symptom spot at all but I JUST CANNOT HELP MYSELF! Expecting AF probably end of next week so way too early for symptoms anyway.

Hope everyone has a lovely week :)

Sorry you're having such issues, MrsPope and Tallie. The uncertainty is horrible.

I've had a terrible night. I spent about two hours screaming in agony with the most excruciating period pains I've ever had. I had an emergency appointment this morning and the doctor checked my abdomen but couldn't find any cysts. Just waiting for blood tests now and will have an ultrasound in a couple of months to see if there's any underlying problems. If the pains persist I need to have a laparoscopy to see if it's endometriosis. Fortunately, the doctor was really sympathetic when I explained we were ttc and threw in blood tests to investigate. 

So I've gotten lucky insofar as stuff is being investigated well before the year mark, but at the same time the pains could indicate something really wrong.

Happy Monday All! Yeay!
    So sorry about the pain OmRum :( are you feeling any better now? Did your doctor prescribe you anything for the pain?
    OmRum that sounds awful, poor you!I'm glad your doctor was supportive and ordered tests for you though. 

I called the drs this morning and the receptionist read it my results and just said they were all normal. But I'm sure she didn't give them all to me. I asked about the chlamydia one because she didn't mention it and she just said that's all we've got. She didn't give me any numbers either just that they were normal and she read them out so fast I couldn't write them down in time. I know they cant give details as a receptionist and I do feel relieved that she said things were normal, but it hasn't really helped my anxiety lol. So I might have to make another apt just to get my results properly. 
    Feeling a bit glum now. The doctor offered the day 21 test for ovulation and I said no as I can feel myself ovulate and thought it would be a faff. Now of course I'm worried I should have got it done to test progesterone. I know I can go back and ask for it at a later date, but it's set off my anxiety now  :(. If it's not one thing, it's the other.
    MrsPope,  I'm glad your results are normal. Good idea to schedule another appointment if only to work out your next steps.
    OmRum I'm sure your doctor will order it if you ask at a later date. It's really quick and simple to get done you just need to do it 7days before AF is predicted if you dont have a typical 28 day cycle. 
    Yes, it was the waiting to get the tests done that put me off as I was focused on finding the cause of the pain. I felt exhausted and not all there during the appointment, so I can't even remember what the tests were I've had done! I shall certainly be going back to the same doctor if the pains persist or we're still not pregnant in a couple of months. I hope the two aren't linked but if they are, low progesterone won't be the problem anyway.
    Oh omrum that sounds awful! I'm pleased that tests are being done but being in that much pain must have been worrying. Hope you're feeling better now x

Glad the results were normal mrspope, I'd want to know the numbers too! Definitely see about getting an appt.
  • DandelionBlueDandelionBlue Posts: 1,455 New bride
    Morning ladies.

Had a really busy weekend so couldnt pop in.

OmRum That sounds horrible. Sorry you have been in pain. Did you ever test if you were pg. With all the symptoms you had  do you think by any chance this could have been an early miscarriage? I had a cycle before christmas were I was convinced I was pregnant and I had an incredibly painful period that was a couple of days late.

MrsRagdoll I found myself symptom spotting the two months that I stopped tracking too. I think it is natural when you want smthg so bad. I honestly don't know how to "just relax".

Tallie, MrsPope. My husband is the same. I really want to discuss my fear that I am infertile with him. And make plans for that scenario. But he just doesnt want to go there. He thinks that is painting the devil on the wall.

MrsPope Are you sure it is af? If it is I am so sorry. It sucks that your LP seems to only be 10 days long. Some people have a slow rise in temperatures. Maybe you ovulated a day or two earlier? Did you have sharp or a slow curve up?

Tallie maybe it would be good if you find a project to keep your mind occupied? To help with the emotions. 
    As stressful as moving and house renovations have been, it is keeping my mind at least partly away from ttc. Especially on weekends.
    I hope you feel better soon

I am absolutely shattered today. We came back late but this is crazy tiredness.
    I also had some sharp pelvic pain and cramps on saturday. So I am obviously symptom spotting.
    However my temperatures seem to be following their usual pattern. So I am not particularly hopeful for this cycle.
    On another note the builders will start knocking the chimney out and demolishing our bathroom on wednesday. Eek. I am terrified  
    Dandelion, I did ask if that was a possibility but the doctor said it was extremely unlikely. He gave loads of reasons but I'm so tired I can't remember exactly what they were!

I really want to go home to bed but it's my colleague's retirement party tonight and I'm desperate to go.
  • MrsRagdollMrsRagdoll Posts: 281 New bride

Dandelion remind me what DPO you are? Tiredness is defo a symptom so I'm not surprised you're symptom spotting! I really hope it does mean something for you.

Just had a baby bomb - friend who got pregnant on her wedding night, not taken her pill for a couple of days and BAM pregnant!

HOW is it soooo easy for some people?

Pretty sure it will turn into AF dandelion,  but so far today (TMI) been nothing on the pad just when I wipe but that's usually how it is for a few days before AF starts. Speaking of tiredness I was so so tired a couple of nights ago I fell asleep by half 8 🤣🤣 was convinced that was a pregnancy symptom but I must of just been knackered!
    Sorry about the baby bomb ragdoll,  it does seem so easy for some!😔