We're completely winging this.. 25 May 2019

• GinAndBlingGinAndBling Posts: 1,268 New bride
    Ha sorry no I didn’t make that too clear- I went and got it on my lunch break at work! It’s now on its way back to my parents with me, FH and a car full of booze where it will be stored until the wedding.
    Our planning thread: We're completely winging it.

My weightloss thread: Diet denial! 
  • MrsW2020MrsW2020 Posts: 100 New bride
    Haha that makes a lot more sense! Excuse my Friday brain for thinking you would actually keep your wedding dress in a car boot for two months 😂
  • Hahahaha made me laugh the thought of the dress staying in the boot until the wedding! 

It's so exciting how close you are now! 
  • Eeeek! As if your wedding is next month-how exciting! 

I love all the hair inspo, can’t wait to see it all come together on the day! 
  • abiscottabiscott Posts: 69 New bride
    Yep, I also read that as you were going to keep the dress in the car until the wedding  :D :o

My hair and make up trial is done! Was so pleased with the hair. She managed to get the puffy effect (I’m sure there is a more technical word for it). 

My make up I also loved but I’m worried it won’t last all day? She didn’t use any setting spray or anything. I had it done at around 3 and when I took it off at 11ish the foundation had gone a little patchy on my nose. I will mention it to her but any tips always appreciated😊😊

My sister and Mum both liked theirs too. And my sister got her updo that she desperately wanted despite chopping all her hair off 2 weeks prior.

Also largely unrelated but my bridesman has just proposed to his girlfriend and I’m over the moon! 

• MrsCToBeeMrsCToBee Posts: 2,545 New bride
    Love the hair, looks beautiful.
  • Cecilia13Cecilia13 Posts: 456 New bride
    The hair looks gorgeous :)
    Thanks both. 

I also had my Jo Malone appointment on Sunday with my sister. We had a few glasses of fizz and got a hand and arm massage each. I went for the Peony and Blush scent in the wedding bottle, and also a small tub of the creme and body wash. They gave us some freebies too which was lovely. My sister choose the velvet rose intense which we are going to try and pick up at duty free in a few weeks (sneaky sneaky)

There was no pressure to buy anything. I’d recommend it!

• MrsA-NToBeMrsA-NToBe Posts: 192 New bride
    Love your hair, it looks gorgeous!
  • abiscottabiscott Posts: 69 New bride
    I'm glad you enjoyed your Jo Malone experience, it's on my wishlist, so I'm pleased to hear it's worth it!

Your hair looks beautiful, how long did it take the hairdresser to do?
    Thank you :smile:

She was super speedy, it took around 25 mins. She was with us for around 2.5 hours. In that time she did hair and make up for 3 of us, including all the chatting at the start about styles and the writing down products etc in between. It's made me relax as she'd said 45 mins per bridesmaid for hair and make up and an hour for me. Everyone else I've seen is much longer! But she did it so what do I know aha. 

• @GinAndBling I’ve just booked a jo malone ‘scent your wedding’ appt! Am I right in thinking I can take a friend too? Or did you go by yourself? I’m so excited!
  • Sorry! Duh! I’ve just seen you went with your sister-sorry, not enough caffeine for me today obviously 🙈
  • OmRumOmRum Posts: 662 New bride
    I loved my Jo Malone appointment!

Blondie, you can take a friend. It's so much fun and feels really decadent!
  • MrsRendall2BMrsRendall2B Posts: 701 New bride
    Can I ask what exactly a Jo Malone appointment entails? It's something I've (gasp) never heard of or considered so I'm intrigued! :)
    @MrsRendall2B ; I only heard of it from this forum don't worry :smile:

So it's called Scent Your Wedding. You can do it in all of them I think but some you have to call up to book. You go in and they have this like beauty bar thing.  You get a glass of fizz and then they talk to you about your wedding, scents you like and that. They then let you smell different scents and combinations. You can then chose one and they do a hand and arm scrub, wash, then use body creme and do a hand and arm massage, and then spray the scent on the arm. I was between two so they did a different one on each arm. My sister came too and she got to do the same. We had a few glasses of fizz each and some chocolate and sweets. 

Afterwards they put all teh stuff they had used on an online profile so we could have a think and buy later if we wanted. I had a gift card so got some of the stuff on teh day. They also give you some little freebies. It was lovely and given the appointment doesn't cost anything was a great experience. 

I'm quite tempted to book it now, there is a Jo Malone counter in Fenwick where I live :)
  • OmRumOmRum Posts: 662 New bride
    Do it MrsCToBee! I would recommend it for any brides as it's free and such a lovely experience. When I went she blind tested them on me so I didn't know what the scents were - I could only go by nose! I wasn't expecting the free gifts at the end, which me and my friend worked out would have been quite pricey to buy, so very generous. They even give you a little pouch to pop your engagement ring in whilst they do the massages, and if you choose to buy anything they package it beautifully. It's all these little touches that make it feel special, and I think that, especially as you get closer to your wedding, it's nice to ramp up the bridal feeling whilst you can!

The whole 'scent your wedding' thing works on the concept that certain smells bring back memories, so even though I've never been bothered about perfume before, it was nice to buy a special scent for the wedding. I now only wear it for very special occasions and the smell really does bring back the excitement of the day.
    Yes it's a lovely treat! 

So we are now just over 6 weeks out and I am obsessively checking the weather everyday despite knowing full well there is no way they can accurately predict it that far out  :#

Our orders of the day arrived today. I designed them on Canva and then got them Printed on Printed.com. I'd planned on printing them at work but by the time I'd brought the paper and faffed around with the whole thing it was easier to just get someone else to do it. We've ordered 70, couples can share! 

edited 11 April
    Ahhh okay. Sounds like something I'd enjoy but not sure whether I'd buy any of the products after - having just looked at their website I nearly dropped through the floor when I saw the prices but I am a bit of a tight arse :lol: 

OMG the scent your wedding appointment sounds amazing! Sounds like a lovely way to relax just before the wedding :love:
    @MrsRendall2B fellow tight arse here- the in-laws got me a voucher for my birthday which eased the pain 💁🏻‍♀️ 

There was no pressure to buy though. My sister is planning to pick up the one she likes in duty free.

• Yes it's a lovely treat! 

So we are now just over 6 weeks out and I am obsessively checking the weather everyday despite knowing full well there is no way they can accurately predict it that far out  :#

Our orders of the day arrived today. I designed them on Canva and then got them Printed on Printed.com. I'd planned on printing them at work but by the time I'd brought the paper and faffed around with the whole thing it was easier to just get someone else to do it. We've ordered 70, couples can share! 
    Printed.com is amazing! I've used them for all my wedding stationary and they've all turned out great! 
    We are now less than 6 weeks out! Nervy nerve nerves. 

This weekend we smashed out a fair bit of wedding-ing:

• Chose songs for the violinist to play when we sign the register- Viva La Vida and Sweet Caroline.
    • Spray painted, cleaned, and glittered some bottles and jars for round the venue. Our friends have been diligently collecting "nice" spirits bottles for us to use with fairy light corks in, a task they have took very seriously. 
    • Boxed up all the gifts for the bridal party. Bridesmaids have a personalised shirt for the morning of, make up bag, vaseline with their name on it, earrings, a "wedding day" candle and some hair accessories. Bridesman has a personalised shirt, wash bag, robot cufflinks, happy socks, and vasline tub too. Groomspeople have hipflasks, happy socks and individual cufflinks. Parents have a wedding day rose (getting delivered closer to the wedding), photo frame with an IOU, Mum's have a pandora charm and earrings, a make up bag and a candle, Dad's have cufflinks made from wood from their favourite whisky, and happy socks. I've also got my parents personalised shirts so they don't feel left out. 
    • Went to hear our banns read at the local church.
    • H2B wrote all the place cards (which he loved). 
    This weekend is my away hen! I'm really excited but a little nervy aha. 

Well done you on getting so much smashed out over the weekend! :) Feels so good ticking things off the list, doesn't it?
    @MrsRendall2B thanks, yes it really does! H2B keeps looking at the to do list and saying "oh well we can do XYZ nearer to the time". I don't think he gets the satisfaction that I do from ticking stuff off, or that "nearer to the time" is actually now..  :D

edited 16 April
    @MrsRendall2B thanks, yes it really does! H2B keeps looking at the to do list and saying "oh well we can do XYZ nearer to the time". I don't think he gets the satisfaction that I do from ticking stuff off, or that "nearer to the time" is actually now..  :D
    Wow you've been busy, well done! My fiance is very much a 'manana' type person, but now with 4 months to go I've been busy impressing upon him that manana is upon us and he actually needs to pull his finger out!
    There's nothing more satisfying than ticking stuff off a to do list! Sometimes I write stuff on my to do list that I've already done just so I can tick it off :flushed: Just me? :joy:

Have fun on your hen do! I hope this one has a little bit less drama for you! I'm sure you have said already but where are you off to for this one?