Forum home You & Your Baby

TTC 34 - 2019 / 2020 babies! 👶

• MrsPope2018MrsPope2018 Posts: 1,382 New bride
    Pretty sure it will turn into AF dandelion,  but so far today (TMI) been nothing on the pad just when I wipe but that's usually how it is for a few days before AF starts. Speaking of tiredness I was so so tired a couple of nights ago I fell asleep by half 8 🤣🤣 was convinced that was a pregnancy symptom but I must of just been knackered!
    Sorry about the baby bomb ragdoll,  it does seem so easy for some!😔
  • DandelionBlueDandelionBlue Posts: 1,455 New bride
    OmRum How are you doing today? I hope you are feeling better.

MrsRagdoll I am 8dpo. Unfortunately I think the tiredness is just related to all the stress of the weekend.
    Sorry about the baby bomb. I know the feeling. FC its your turn soon.

Anymore bleeding MrsPope? I hope af stays away.
    I have been convinced a couple of times in the past that I was pg because I was tired. But nope just normal exhausted. That is why I hate the tww. Everything seems to be a potential pg sign.

My rhr is dropping do pretty sure it didn't happen again this cycle. That is the problem with having a fitbit. I dont know if I would rather know in advance that I am out ir not.
  • OmRumOmRum Posts: 947 New bride
    Hello Dandelion. I'm feeling like a pin cushion today from all the needles! It's beginning to sink in that there might be something really wrong, and I'm feeling quite rubbish because of it. I guess all I can do is wait for the results. I still feel absolutely shattered, and it's still playing on my mind that it could have been a miscarriage, even though the doctor didn't think so. I think that as my period came right on schedule and was normal length and consistency, he is most likely right. The pains didn't come with any extra bleeding, which was odd.

I'm sorry that you feel out already, and I hope you are wrong!

MrsRagdoll, sorry about the baby bomb. It does feel so unfair that people can fall pregnant so easily, and on their wedding night too! I remember my wedding night was the first time we actually tried... seems like so long ago now! FC it's your turn next.

MrsPope, how are you today? I hope you know soon one way or other whether it's AF or not. Half eight seems a perfectly reasonable time to go to bed to me.

Bleeding is more than spotting but not quite full flow so not counted ot as CD1 yet. It varies between dark brown and bright red and only needing a liner. But this is how it goes before CD1 arrives. 

OmRum I'm sorry your so worried about it being something really wrong, did the dr say what they thought the problem could be? 

Dandelion I dont think I would want to know in advance 🤣🤣 I like to cling on to that last bit of hope 
    MrsPope I hate that bit where you know AF is coming but it's not quite there yet! You're right about the hope - it's a good feeling thinking that you might be pregnant. 

The doctor mentioned cysts, endometriosis and all those other wonderful conditions that can cause pains, but when he talked about other symptoms none of them applied to me, so it might be the case that I've just gone back to super painful periods again like I had before I went on the pill. I mainly went to get the good painkillers, but hopefully getting the tests done will relieve my health anxiety and prove that there's nothing to worry about. 
    OmRum if your Dr is willing to run these tests earlier than you expected then I'd just go with it 🤣I hope the pain killers have kicked in and your feeling better.  

My bleeding has got lighter again 🙈so frustrating, but AF isn't technically due until Thursday so this could go on another day or so. 
  • @OmRum just been catching up on here, so sorry to hear about the pain you've been in  :'( I really hope you get some answers soon, I agree if the doctors willing to run extra tests just take them!

@MrsPope2018 normal is good! Really pleased for you, but definitely agree to get an appt to discuss in more detail.

Good luck to everyone in the TWW, I'm exactly the same with the symptom spotting, I'm trying to be more relaxed this month in the hope that relaxed me + SMEP = baby! But i know soon as I get in that 2 wk window i'll be driving myself crazy again!

Saying that though the tiredness and the spotting mentioned all sound positive!

Talking of the SMEP it says to start CD8 which I am today, however, I'm wondering whether to wait till CD10 because of my longer cycles (varies between 31-36 days) Does anyone have any advice??
  • Tallie237Tallie237 Posts: 491 New bride
    edited April 2019
    Mrspope how confusing about the bleeding! A colleague announced their pregnancy on Friday (I think this may have been why my mood was so low over the weekend) and she said that she had a "very light period" a few days before her BFP. I'm assuming she meant a breakthrough bleed so just shows you're not out until AF!

Dandelion that is annoying about your rhr dropping, I'm not sure if I prefer living in hope or not haha. Fingers crossed that it's not a sign of AF for you. I think you're right-- I need a hobby! We've recently renovated/redecorated most of our house but there are some things I want to finish so might get back to that as a distraction technique! Hows the house going?

Mrsmin I've never properly followed SMEP but I sometimes have longer cycles and I usually start dtd from CD8 but that more cos we want to rather than part of a plan! I dont think it would matter too much either way.

Omrum how are you feeling now? I hope the pain is better.

I have my first doctors appt on Monday! 🤞 they're helpful, although I'm hoping for my BFP before needing any additional help! CD24 here, I either O'd on CD14 or CD 19 (I think based off CM it was19) so still a while for AF for me. I have a terrible bad back and dizziness today but considering I'm probably only 5dpo I dont think it's related to ttc and I should really stop symptom spotting! My thermometer came and I've started using it just to get in the habit before next cycle.
    MrsMin, I agree with Tallie, I think if you want to then go ahead 🤣 it cant hurt but dont worry too kushmif you start a bit later. 

Tallie I'm glad you didn't have a long wait to get an appointment.  Are you hoping that they will start with some blood tests etc? Like you said 🤞you get your bFP and dont need anything!
    Haha I do keep thinking ooh I wonder if this is some sort of implantation bleeding.. but I know I've had on and off spotting/bleeding like this in previous cycles so I think this is just what my body does for some strange reason. 
    Thank you all for your kind comments and thoughts. The pain has fully gone now but I'm still terrified it will come back again during my next AF. I should have taken more advantage of the tests I was offered, but now I've had the initial appointment, hopefully I will be able to push things along if we've still not conceived further down the line. At the moment I just feel terribly anxious about what the test results will bring - on the one hand if there is an underlying problem we might be able to manage it and prevent pains in the future, but on the other hand it might affect my fertility. They said five working days, so I won't be able to find out till Friday. I'll be having an ultrasound in about six weeks.

Even though my period finished yesterday, I've still been having my usual pre-AF symptoms which I can't remember is normal or not. Stuff like nausea, tender breasts and indigestion. I'm hoping it's just exhaustion and will all go away today.

It has been playing on my mind that it could have been a miscarriage, even though the doctor seemed convinced it wasn't. It's probably too late to take a test now anyway to find out either way. I'm quite confident it wasn't as apart from the pain everything was normal and there was no extra bleeding with the pain. But it's still playing on my mind :(.

I'm not really feeling ready yet to think about my FW yet! Can't be bothered to TTC this month!
  • SammykateSammykate Posts: 4,014 New bride

Sorry you're not having any joy ladies :( MrsPope fingers crossed for implantation bleeding, you never know.

SMEP starts tomorrow for us on CD8... although DH kicked it off early last night lol. Maybe he just wanted to practice. Got some cheapy OPKs online so I might need your help with them once the time comes...

MrsPope, I'm afraid I've had bleeding like that before AF - two whole days for this last AF. It's so frustrating! Sometimes it's difficult to decide at what point AF has even started! FC though!

Tallie, sorry about the baby bomb. It's extra hard when it's a colleague because you see them everyday, and so much conversation revolves around their pregnancy. You're right about the light bleeding, though. You're not out till you're out! It's just unlucky for those of us who get it regularly anyway, because there's always that last bit of hope!
    OmRum your so right, I sometimes struggle to decide which day is CD1... this seems slightly different to my usual spotting which is normally a very light pink/red, this has been a dark red/brown and on&off more than usual.. but AF is due tomorrow so I'm sure it will turn into more by then. If it doesn't I might do a test just to see Friday morning.  I'll be 13dpo then. 

Good luck with the SMEP Sammykate! Feel free to post any opk pics 😊
  • Hannah343Hannah343 Posts: 302 New bride
    edited 23 February

• Hannah343Hannah343 Posts: 302 New bride
    edited 23 February

So sorry Hannah, you sound like you're coping well by taking positive action though. Hope you have a nice little break somewhere planned with hubs to relax and de-stress.

My hubby has told me he's going off to see his friend in Devon this weekend- um great right when we are supposed to be doing SMEP! He wants to set off at 8am on Saturday so ughhhh do I really have to be awake and BDing at 7am...

Hannah, I'm sorry you've had such a rough time, and how ruddy typical that you got a baby bomb right in the middle of it! Why do baby bombs always crop up at the worst times?

Sammy, how frustrating that the hubby has decided to go away! On my ovulation day last cycle the husband decided to go and hang out with his friend and didn't get home till 1am, by which time I was too tired and angry to DTD. At least I can blame him for our lack of success this time round (not really true - we DTD plenty before ovulation!). Typical.

I've still got my FC for you MrsPope.

I wondered if anyone gets spotting after their period? For the past two cycles, about two days after the bleeding has stopped, I've had a further day or two of extremely light bleeding or spotting. I'm just wondering how common this is, or whether it's something else I need to raise with the doctor.
    OmRum I do often get light spotting a day or two after AF has finished. I have always guessed it's just bits that were slow making their way out, for lack of a better way to put it!
    Hannah so sorry your going through all of this, I'm glad you've got some plans in place though going forward. How frustrating that you GP post your referral! 

Sammykate that's bad timing with your hubby 🙈 is that around ovulation time? 

OmRum I quite often get a day or so spotting after AF I always thought it was just light flow at the end of AF tbh. 

So AF has arrived bang on time... at least I'm consistent if nothing else, but frustrating that I had 4 days pre AF spotting again 😔 I had really bad period pains last night which kept me awake a bit so I knew it would be here today. So we are onto cycle 13 or 14 I've lost track now. Hubby has ordered some Male fertility vitamins which is a huge deal, he never takes anything pill wise and has always refused so far so I'm quite pleased. I need to get back onto my vitamins. I had stopped buying them and just took folic acid because between them, the opks and the conceive plus it was all getting a bit expensive. 
  • Omrum I would say thats normal, I normally have 3 days of heavy bleed then tapers off last 2 days so probably would class that as spotting.

Hannah lovely to hear from you, I'm so sorry about the baby bomb.  Good that you have a focus with your bathroom I find things like that a great distraction from TTC, we have been renovating our house since we moved in a year ago but we have pretty much done everything now.  So got to find a new distraction now! Maybe a hol!!!

Sammykate how annoying, but if you're CD8 today you should still have a good chance if you get back on it soon as he comes home. Have you started doing OPKs yet?  I'm CD9 and thinking I may do my first one this evening.

Sorry about AFs arrival mrspope but yes good that you are regular and hopefully you will be in a good position next cycle with hubbys supplements.

Decided to start smep tomorrow when i'll be CD10, I was worried about being exhausted by the time peak fertility hits (Ovia predicts next wkd) ! We are parents of a toddler remember haha!!

MrsMin I get exhausted with the SMEP and we dont even have that excuse 🤣🤣

I am having awful period pains today, and I'm on a night shift tonight, just want to curl up on the sofa. Also having loads (and I mean loads!!) Of EWCM mixed in with my flow.. not sure what that means?!?! 
  • Can anyone help as I’m new to OPKs...I did my first one this cycle today I’m cd9 was expecting no or extremely faint line but femometer has classed it as high. Does this mean I may ovulate sooner than I expect? (Ovia predicted next wkd??)

• Tallie237Tallie237 Posts: 491 New bride
    Sorry AF arrived, and with pain, mrspope. Hope you're ok x yes I'm hoping they will schedule some blood tests for me, and I want to mention the pelvic pain too just incase it's an issue.

Mrsmin, it's possible you might ovulate early, althiugh it is possible to have a surge and not ovulate (I had 2 positive looking opks 5 days apart this cycle but i think i ovulated on the second surge), so definitely keep testing.

Hannah I know I've said it before but I am so genuinely sorry that you've had to go through all this, I'm pleased you've got a plan in place and I hope you get answers soon.

Omrum I also get spotting at the end of my period but it wouldn't hurt to mention it given how bad your pain was.

They always have the best timing dont they sammykate!

Not much to report here, still in tww, had loads of "symptoms" yesterday but none today so who knows. Although I did have some weird stabby pains low down earlier but that could be anything! Trying not to think about it too much.
  • DandelionBlueDandelionBlue Posts: 1,455 New bride
    edited April 2019
    Nice to hear from you Hannah! But I am extremely sorry about everything that has happened for you. And what awful timing for a baby bomb.
    Does unknown location mean potential ectopic? I am terrified of that.
    And what are NK cells?

Sammykate when are you due to ovulated. The day before or even the day before that can still be enough to get pregnant.

OmRum I do tend to spot for a few days after af. Recently i have rven had a drop or two 5 days after.

MrsPope so sorry about af. I have no clue about the EWCM. How odd. Is your flow as heavy as usual?

MrsMin SMEP is exhausting.  We did it this cycle. Although we did two cycle of every day. So SMEP feels less intense in comparison.
    Can you post the ovulation test again without the app? It is hard to read with the lines on top. But I would say you are not too far away from a surge. But maybe you get a couple of days of darkish lines.

Sorry ladies for not popping in sooner. Things have been chaotic with building works starting in our house and moving.
    They took down the chimney and patched up the roof in one day. And today they smashed through the kitchen wall.
     But costs are spiralling every day.

Tallie how many dpo are you? I hope the stabby pains are a good sign.

In terms of ttc. I had quite strong cramping on saturday night and Sunday. So 5dpo and 6dpo. I had a really sudden stab / lightning crotch too. And I have had more mild cramping since yesterday. And I was exhausted on Monday and Tuesday. But I really don't want to get my hopes up. Eveey cycle I think things are different. And then nothing.

MrsMin its possible you may ovulate early, or like tallie said you may have more than one surge, how often are you testing? I tend to do twice a day so i dont miss it, but I think I have a fairly short surge. Keep an eye out for any EWCM too. 

Tallie let us know how you get on Monday. When is AF predicted? I really really hope this is your month! 

Hubby is taking control of this cycle for us 🤣 he wants to try BD slightly less, in case it is his sperm count that is the prob, and the month we did get pregnant before we only DTD once in my fertile week! Hes on the supplements and wants to try it that way and at this point I'm willing to try any way so I will do opks and BD when we get a positive and maybe a couple of days after. 
    Sorry dandelion must of cross posted, yes seems to be my usual flow, I did a bit of googling and apparently it can be due to the change in hormones of AF arriving, it was just strange to see so much of it, I wish I had that much around ov!! 

How exciting about your renovations, but I remember the chaos and the mess all too well from our kitchen knock through not so long ago, sounds like your having a lot of work done too! 
    Keeping everything crossed that they are all good signs!

Sorry about AF, MrsPope, although it is always comforting when it is regular.

Best of luck with the renovations, Dandelion! It's a pain now, but it will be lovely to have the house how you want it.

I find SMEP exhausting too. I think I'd rather go back to just doing it a couple of times during the fertile week and enjoying it more, but when you're right in the middle of it you feel like you should be DTD at every opportunity! I'm undecided yet as to whether to OPK this month or just go with the flow.

I’ve had my blood tests back – all normal. The problem is I can’t remember what I was being tested for (I was so dazed on Monday morning), so I don’t know exactly what it means! But normal is good. I now have to wait for them to contact me by mid-June about organising the ultrasound scan to see if I’ve got fibroids, PCOS or anything else lurking in there. Once that is done, I think I shall go back to the doctor and ask him more about the results and whether I can have the day 21 test, and if necessary have the laparoscopy to see if I have endometriosis. Has anyone had the procedure before? It doesn’t sound pleasant.

Anyway, here’s hoping I’ll have a BFP by then anyway!

• Thanks tallie I remember your 2 surges so makes sense now I would be shocked to ovulate so early.  FC this is your month!!

Dandelion the unedited pic is below.  Your stabbing pains sound the right sort of pain related to implantation cramping and the right sort of time past ovulation as well so I really hope this is it for you.  Nice that you have house renovations to keep you busy in the TWW!

Mrspope thanks I haven't had a lot of EWCM so that is making me think OV isnt near. I'm going to do 2 tests a day from today, I'm sneaking off at work to do another one in an hr! Although I do work in an office of all men so don't think they'd know what they were looking at if they saw it!  I love that your husband is taking control!! My hubby is so uneducated when it comes to conceiving we wouldn't stand a chance!!

Anyway we started the SMEP last night instead of my original plan of tonight just in case it is an early surge.

Omrum thats so good that your initial tests have come back normal, is it worth organising a docs appt to go through them to be sure what they have tested for? I have everything crossed for you that you do get your BFP before June.

• MrsRagdollMrsRagdoll Posts: 282 New bride

Afternoon everyone, sorry I've been MIA again. Been off work the last 2 days unwell and I tend to only check in when I'm in the office!

Sorry AF got you MrsPope, I always have loads of clear CM during my AF but especially at the beginning. I'm glad your DH is getting on board with taking vitamins and changing up your BD pattern :)

Lovely to hear from you Hannah and I'm sorry you've had such a rough time :( I hope the testing brings you some answers.

Husbands are such pains SammyKate, good luck for your early morning BD tomorrow though ;)

MrsMin that does look close to being positive, like the others have said you may have 2 surges but then you might also Ov early this month! Sounds like you're covering yourself either way though so fingers crossed!

OmRum it sounds positive the blood results were normal and I think your plan of things to ask your GP for are completely reasonable! I hope they bring you some answers, I can't even imagine how awful the pain must be :(

Super exciting about your building works Dandelion, can't say I'm not suuuper jealous! We've had a few quotes for what we need/want doing to our house and they were upwards of £40k.... Will be saving for a longggg while for that! The stabbing pain definitely sounds good! It's one symptoms so so many of my friends have had that made them think they were pregnant!

Tallie what DPO are you again? What symptoms did you think you were having?

Also no update really from me - roughly 8ish dpo. I also had some pretty painful stabbing pains but they were at 2-3dpo so way too early for implantation. Been having some other off pains and aches in my womb and ovary areas but nothing very specific. AF due next Thursday, got a super busy weekend planned for the long weekend with lots of drinking most likely involved (plus it'll be end of lent and I've not had alcohol for almost 7 weeks now!!!!) so at least I'll be able to drink happily if AF does arrive!

Glad you have positive things (like drinking!) to look forward to even if AF arrives MrsRagdoll! MrsMin good luck with starting SMEP.

OPK today at CD9 and a definite negative, no hint of a second line. But I am a day early testing by SMEP. Just wanted to see if I really need to BD before hubs leaves tomorrow morning and thankfully it looks like a no lol. However will test again tomorrow to confirm!