Diet denial... hold me accountable!

• MrsCToBeeMrsCToBee Posts: 2,543 New bride
    Well Done MrsP! It can be hard to field off disappointment but remember how far you've come, and after the wedding you'll still be able to focus on it, but without so much pressure! 

I started tracking calories again the last 2 days, definitely a shock to the system! I'm not being super strict about it, and i need to start weighing things more so i have more accurate information, but it explains why i've plateaued... 
    When I properly used MyFitnessPal and add everything I eat I can totally see where I go wrong - good luck :)
  • OmRumOmRum Posts: 662 New bride
    Sorry you're struggling, MrsC. Dieting is so much more about mindset than just finding healthy alternatives. I'm sad your partner isn't being more helpful. I don't know how old your son is, but it worries me that when he gets to a certain age he will wonder why he has to eat all his vegetables when his dad is exempt! In regards to cooking, can you just cook for yourself and your son, and if your partner doesn't like what's served he has to fend for himself? It's very good of you to cook for him, but now that there is a diabetes scare, surely your health must be more important than his food likes/dislikes? It's not fair for you to have to cook different meals when you're already so busy.
    OmRum said:
    Sorry you're struggling, MrsC. Dieting is so much more about mindset than just finding healthy alternatives. I'm sad your partner isn't being more helpful. I don't know how old your son is, but it worries me that when he gets to a certain age he will wonder why he has to eat all his vegetables when his dad is exempt! In regards to cooking, can you just cook for yourself and your son, and if your partner doesn't like what's served he has to fend for himself? It's very good of you to cook for him, but now that there is a diabetes scare, surely your health must be more important than his food likes/dislikes? It's not fair for you to have to cook different meals when you're already so busy.
    Thanks OmRum.
    Definitely going to start cooking separate meals again I think.
    I always put vegetables on my partner's plate if we eat together so my son doesn't know yet that he doesn't actually eat them! 
    In fairness, C would happily cook his own meals and he knows he has an issue, but he works such long hours he is often out the house 6am-8 or 9pm so I tend to just do it so it's ready when he comes in. 
    It is tough when you work different hours. My husband also works late and when we first moved in together I always cooked for him and left it in the oven for when he got back. I quickly got fed up with it, though, as I was always having to come up with nice dinners on top of full time work and commuting! Now, he has a big breakfast and lunch, so doesn't need dinner at all. It means I can have small small dinner by myself which is better for me. He has Fridays off and I have Sundays off so we cook each other dinner then, and they are always mega feasts just to show off to each other so probably for the best to eat moderately the rest of the week!

I can sympathise with your partner - I'm not a fan of vegetables either! I don't hate them, just don't enjoy eating them. It's always a struggle to come up with ways to put them in meals in a tasty way. Sadly, the tasty ways often involve salt, creamy sauces or butter! Why is it the bad stuff always tastes so good?!
  • GinAndBlingGinAndBling Posts: 1,267 New bride
    @MrsCToBee no worries, we are all allowed a good moan! No harm with that aha. 

That sounds tough especially with the long hours. What about slow cooker meals bulked out with lentils/ chopped veg and things? I agree with @OmRum - my downfall is cheese, i'd have it with every meal if I could. I am lactose intolerant too so it's never going to end well.. 
    Our planning thread: We're completely winging it.

My weightloss thread: Diet denial! 
    @MrsCToBee no worries, we are all allowed a good moan! No harm with that aha. 

That sounds tough especially with the long hours. What about slow cooker meals bulked out with lentils/ chopped veg and things? I agree with @OmRum - my downfall is cheese, i'd have it with every meal if I could. I am lactose intolerant too so it's never going to end well.. 
    Yes I definitely need to get back into the swing of using my slow cooker, that's a good point!
    I actually used to chef and my ex was a really adventurous eater, sadly since being with C I've really fallen out of love with cooking as it's hard to motivate myself to cook just for me.

My 2 best friends are cheese fiends! Carbs and Dairy Milk are my downfall 🙊

OmRum, yep, the only way my OH even enjoys potatoes is fried or crispy roasted 😂
    Good luck @MrsCToBee! Ahh that's amazing. Does your little one like cooking? 

I've lost .5lb this week. It feels oddly disheartening. I know I'm aiming to maintain now but it's weird. 

Good luck @MrsCToBee! Ahh that's amazing. Does your little one like cooking? 

I've lost .5lb this week. It feels oddly disheartening. I know I'm aiming to maintain now but it's weird. 
    Yes he does, he does lots of baking with my mum and he does simple things with me but he's only 3 so it's a bit early for knives etc!

Well done, that just means you can have a few little treats now :)
  • MrsPB2019MrsPB2019 Posts: 480 New bride
    My company moves into our new office on Monday which comes with a free gym so I’ve just signed up! I run at the moment but looking to use some weights to tone up which will hopefully also motivate me to keep the weight down.
  • MrsPB2019MrsPB2019 Posts: 480 New bride
    Lost 2lbs tonight which puts me bang on target for my wedding on Saturday!
    Well done MrsP that’s amazing!! Have the best day. Please please share photos.

Lost 2lbs this week. After my hen I'm going to up my calories again as I don't want to risk my dress not fitting if I lose much more.

I did parkrun on Saturday and managed a PB which I was really pleased about! I then went out with running club on Monday and did another 5k. I have the 8k run in 3 weeks so need to try and get a few longer ones in before that. 

• Hullass1972Hullass1972 Posts: 546 New bride
    Lost 2lbs this week. After my hen I'm going to up my calories again as I don't want to risk my dress not fitting if I lose much more.

I did parkrun on Saturday and managed a PB which I was really pleased about! I then went out with running club on Monday and did another 5k. I have the 8k run in 3 weeks so need to try and get a few longer ones in before that. 
    If you've ran 5k then 8k will be a breeze after that. It takes me a few k to find my rhythm but when I do, I can run for miles so you should be okay. 
    Thanks @Hullass1972.. I'm hoping I'll be okay, it's the longest I'll have run and I'm certainly not a natural runner! 

• Hullass1972Hullass1972 Posts: 546 New bride
    Thanks @Hullass1972.. I'm hoping I'll be okay, it's the longest I'll have run and I'm certainly not a natural runner! 
    It's all about finding a comfortable pace, where you don't feel like your lungs are bursting out of your chest and your legs are going to fall off!! Once you find that, you'll be great although it's hard because it's natural to set off too quickly as your legs/lungs are fresh and by the time you realise you're going too fast, you're dying lol
  • Sci-Fi NerdSci-Fi Nerd Posts: 52 New bride
    So it's exactly 364 days until my wedding today 🤩🤩🤩. I've been secretly lurking on this thread for a while but I might now join in, if that's ok! 

First thing - off to Spin 😏😏
    Welcome @Sci-Fi Nerd!

Thanks @GinAndBling..... You've all been brilliant with your progress so far, it's such an inspiration!
    Well it will come as a surprise to absolutely no one that this week I gained 2.5lbs after my hen and all the beer! Ah well, it will come off

• Ah at least you had a good time! I know its hard when you have goals, but you do have to enjoy the experiences you can! 

I have been logging on MyFitnessPal for a little over a week now, although i have missed some bits on weekends and i haven't actually been weighing my food, but i do have a pretty accurate understanding of weights and measurements. 

I've been either on my calories or under the whole time, i haven't had a day where ive really been over (By more than like 2 calories) but i'm so anxious to weigh myself tomorrow. I feel like there wont be any change at all. 

I have done better with comfort eating though. No more buying food in secret and i have been rationing the Easter chocolate i got, its a start!
    Yeah I won't fret- I overindulged and was below my goal weight anyway! 

Well done CDA. Let us know how you get on tomorrow- i'm sure it will be fine :) x

• AliceJAliceJ Posts: 18 New bride
    I think need to join in with this thread too. I've only got about 100 days left to the wedding and would love to lose at least 1/2 a stone by then. I always struggle to lose more than a pound or two but this time I'm determined! 😊
    Best of luck Alice! X

• So I've gained but only a fraction. It's a little disheartening but I have unexpectedly met with aunt flow today so that explains a lot! 

Tracking over the weekend as well has been eye opening!! My usual breakfast is 100 calories, but each breakfast this weekend its been 700 😬 I'm definitely going to have to nip that in the bud! 

Ah that’s a pain, I bet it will all whoosh off next week! I always hold on to water weight at my time of the month.. plus I’m way more partial to chocolate then 😂

I agree! I feel like I roll out of bed on those days and have gained about half a stone just through breathing. 

You'll definitely lose it all quickly, just remember the progress so far!

I've just been told I have to do major rehabilitation/physio to help me live pain free (I had a huge illness a few years ago which really impacted me). This will significantly impact my strength training. So frustrating! I can still do bits and go to spin/cardio/rowing. But now I have to make sure not to get disheartened! :( 
    Lost 2lbs this week. 

I need to stay at this weight now for the next 3 weeks really else my dress won’t fit.

weight now: 11 stone 9.5
    start weight: 14 stone 3.7

@Sci-Fi Nerd hope the treatment goes okay! 

Well done Gin, that's such an achievement!

Best of luck with the physio, Sci-fi.

Sadly for me I'm back to square one again. I put on tons of weight over the Easter weekend and undid all my good work since January. This is why I find weight-loss so frustrating - I can be doing so well for months, and then have one holiday which wrecks it.

I've slowly started losing the weight again, but it's so infuriating that I always seem to go back to the beginning a couple of times a year when I dare to let myself have a treat! This is also the 'light' part of my cycle, so I'll be putting on more weight next week when AF comes.