A Bright & Whimsical Northumberland Wedding Aug 2018

• I absolutely love your wedding plans! Everything is so bright, colourful and happy. Your ideas are so original and unique and your DIY items are fab. Can't wait to read more!
  • AwhelenqtAwhelenqt Posts: 856 New bride
    Tried one of my dresses on yesterday with this little Cape I got in the January sales for £7! 
    My lace crop top arrived today and the sleeves were totally wrong. It's been a whole saga that I don't wanna talk about until I get the top and it's perfect but jesus Christ it's draining.

• Aw you look so lovely!!! That cape is gorgeous and a great deal!! I hope you get somewhere with the lace top, fingers crossed its sorted soon x
  • Cecilia13Cecilia13 Posts: 512 New bride
    I love the cape and flower crown, you look amazing!
  • MrsCToBeeMrsCToBee Posts: 2,942 New bride
    You look amazing!

OKAY finally it's arrived.

What a fucking ordeal this has been.

She asked like 6 times for my measurements because she  basically didn't believe I could be so fat..? She kept checking my waist measurement and at one point asked "Do you have a fat stomach?" and it was awful and after I'd confirmed with her a million times my measurements, she demanded I send a picture of my figure because she still didn't believe me. It was honestly so humiliating I was so upset.

Then she sent it off, without altering the sleeves which was the first thing I said to her about it. I asked if the cap sleeves could be made into Tshirt sleeves and she said yes and I specified how long I wanted them etc etc but she got so caught up in asking how fat I am that she totally just forgot? So I had to send it back and despite sending her a picture of the receipt (£10 postage!) and my paypal address she still hasn't reimbursed it. I finally got it in the mail yesterday and thankfully it's perfect.

It's so annoying that she's literally the only person I've found anywhere on the internet who was making exactly what I wanted, otherwise I never would've stuck it out. It was such an upsetting experience but at least I've got a beautiful top out of it.
  • MrsCToBeeMrsCToBee Posts: 2,942 New bride
    Lovely top but WOW! I cannot believe the rudeness! You are so slim too!
  • It looks really gorgeous, but i cant believe how rude they were! You're really slim, so either they aren't used to working with western people or they're just so up themselves! I'm so sorry you had to deal with that, you should definitely leave that in a review for them so other brides can be aware. 
    MrsCToBee said:
    Lovely top but WOW! I cannot believe the rudeness! You are so slim too!
    Thank you - I'm actually just very good at camera angles lol I am fat so she wasn't wrong, just ya know didn't want her to rub it in haha
  • GinAndBlingGinAndBling Posts: 1,311 New bride
    Sorry they were so insensitive. Completely unnecessary!

You look beaut😊
    Our planning thread: We're completely winging it.
    Our report: A fun, classic May day in navy and blush
    My weightloss thread: Diet denial! 
    just for my own reference purposes, this is a great article https://www.theknot.com/content/tips-to-glowing-wedding-skin
  • abiscottabiscott Posts: 70 New bride
    Wow, your flower crown and belt look amazing, and so unusual. 
    I'm glad you finally got the top the way you wanted, but how rude of the seller! I dread to think what they'd make of my measurements!
    edited 20 March

Experimented with using flowers today - it went well! The eyelash glue is perfect for it. However if I do use these flowers on the day, I will remove the sperm tail.
  • Cecilia13Cecilia13 Posts: 512 New bride
    That looks amazing! I love it!
    How long do you think  petals will last before discolouring a bit? Maybe dried flowers could work well?
  • I love your make up ideas! So unique! Glad you eventually got the lace top sorted x

I've started customising my shoes! Gonna glitterfy the bottoms and some other undetermined stuff.
    I've also started to gather bits for my bridesmaid gifts. I've got personalised makeup bags for each of them and so far to go in them I've got : mini deodorant, little sewing kit, vaseline, nail file, face mask, one alcohol miniature (still gotta get them for the other 2), gum and plasters. Still need to get paracetamol, cute tissues in case of tears, some nail polish and something else that's more of a treat than a practicality I've not decided on yet. Maybe necklaces?

I did the soles of my shoes pink and glittery!

And for my bridesmaids I made those anklets :)
  • CoffeeDogAddictCoffeeDogAddict Posts: 1,270 New bride
    They look fab!!!! What a gorgeous colour! 
  • Love the glittery shoes! 
    edited 13 May

Processional

Claire de Lune - Debussy 

Signing the register

1- Come away with me - Norah Jones 

2- Lucky - Jason Miraz

3- Hollow Talk - Choir of Young Believers 

Recessional

Anyone Else But You - Mouldy Peaches 

First Dance 

Love Someone - Lukas Graham 

Reception Entrance 

Chasing Cars - Snow Patrol (ZAXX remix)

• cluelessbride01cluelessbride01 Posts: 131 New bride
    Love the glittery shoes, can I ask how you did it?
    Love the glittery shoes, can I ask how you did it?
    Covered the bottoms in pva, then a load of glitter, then watered down pva over the top to seal it then did the process again to get more coverage! Obviously won't wear them until the day so not bothered too much about longevity of the glitter particularly as they're only for the ceremony.
  • cluelessbride01cluelessbride01 Posts: 131 New bride
    I think I'm going to try this with mine! Love them!
    So I wanted to have my grandmothers wedding ring as mine but needed it to be reshaped to fit around my engagement ring. Because it's so old, no jewellers would take on the job because it was too risky. I'm really sad about it to be honest. But I've chosen a new one.

Thats really pretty! Its a shame you cant use your grandmothers ring but it would be heartbreaking if something happened to it. 
    Ah man I'm finding it overwhelming having to sort out logistics for guests on top of everything else. I'm having to work out how everyone's getting to their accommodation and then the venue and if they don't have accommodation yet I'm having to figure out where they can stay waaah I'm stressed!
  • OmRumOmRum Posts: 822 New bride
    How many guests do you have? Can they sort out their own accommodation and travel? You are certainly going above and beyond!

I'd say point them towards some local hotels and cab firms and then let them make their own plans. Most people can use Google to research these things anyway!

Certainly don't take on everyone else's planning if it's stressing you out.
    That reallllly isn't something you should be having to worry about! They're all adults and know how to find a way from A to B!! give them a list of local taxi numbers and tell them you aren't able to make arrangements as you have about 12million other wedding things to be doing!
    We've got 40 guests and maybe 10 or so that I'm sorting out in some shape or form. I get why they're asking me, they've never even been to the county before and it's in the middle of nowhere so it's a bit confusing and Google isn't a great tool for that because it's the bigger hotels that come up at the top of the list and the small B&Bs nearer the venue are on like page 6 and they don't know what's good and what's not and how the transport links are. And so many of my friends and family are driving from mk to Northumberland and I'm trying to work out who can carpool with who..

I get easily overwhelmed by these things so I know others do as well. I'd rather take the stress for them because like I chose to have my wedding hours away in the middle of the country side so yeah. Plus I don't like other people feeling how I do haha 

I'm just very tired!