Relaxed Summer Wedding in the Chilterns,

• MrsW2020MrsW2020 Posts: 222 New bride
    The flowers look amazing! Your mum is so talented!
  • MrsCToBeeMrsCToBee Posts: 2,942 New bride
    Cecilia13 said:
    Me too, I won't see the final version til the actual day!

I ordered some cheap H&M shoes to change into on the day because I know my shoes are amazing but will be killing me after an hour. I actually had a pair already but they were just trainers and I didn't feel they were nice enough so I wanted something prettier and more weddingy. I saw them on someone else's thread after I ordered them but I can't remember who? Anyway they were only £12.99 and they're comfy and pretty so I'm pleased.

Haha it was me! They are slightly too narrow for me but I'm still considering whether to return them or see if they'll stretch a bit!
  • Cecilia13Cecilia13 Posts: 512 New bride
    edited 25 April
    MrsCToBee said:
    Cecilia13 said:
    Me too, I won't see the final version til the actual day!

I ordered some cheap H&M shoes to change into on the day because I know my shoes are amazing but will be killing me after an hour. I actually had a pair already but they were just trainers and I didn't feel they were nice enough so I wanted something prettier and more weddingy. I saw them on someone else's thread after I ordered them but I can't remember who? Anyway they were only £12.99 and they're comfy and pretty so I'm pleased.

Haha it was me! They are slightly too narrow for me but I'm still considering whether to return them or see if they'll stretch a bit!
    :) Great minds.
    They feel like they might stretch? For me they're a tiny bit long but I think that in August I'll be glad of them being slightly on the loose side, heat seems to make me go up a shoe size! Also I may still wear my gold glitter star tulle socks (not at all OTT and childish 😁..) so a bit of extra room is good.

(Reminder of awesome weird socks and my ceremony shoes:)

@Cecilia13 the socks are fabulous! 
    I could have done with a 7 really but had to make do with a 6.5, haven't lost a lot if I don't end up wearing them :)
    Exactly, so cheap I thought I might as well!

Boring things happening at the moment like booking generator and the right amount of knives and forks 😂 but yesterday I went to a gardbeing centre with my mum and purchased a lovely looking bottle of Lavender gin to add to my gin bar, and 6 pots of yummy looking chutneys to put out with our cheese tower for evening food! I'm out at the moment and can't remember all of them, but there's a fig and date one, a cherry tomato and shallot one, and an apple pear and ginger one along with some others. I also am at the beginning of a crazy plant lady journey it seems and I spent much too much money on various pretty plants 😁.

On the family side of things, we gave my mum the news about my dad's girlfriend being pregnant and she was devastated but held herself together well and sent him a message to say congratulations and I'm very proud of her! I had a mini melt down on Sunday night because of various things, but partly because I am VERY broody and insanely jealous of them, stupidly, when I know I won't be even trying for kids for several years (it's very much a body v head situation at the moment) and for some reason I got really upset at the idea they might use the names I've been discussing with Ralph; I think it was actually more about a release of tension and worry and guilt about telling mum more than anything, and I need to concentrate on my career and sharing life with Ralph at the moment, but I am still very jealous.
    This is why I need a cat to distract me!

In other annoying news, one of my bridesmaids wrote the dates of my hen party wrong in her diary, battled really hard with work to keep them free and arrange her concert tour around them and managed to book it over the ACTUAL dates so she can't come 😭. But she immediately paid her share anyway when she realised and is taking me out on one of the days she thought it was, we'll buy her bridesmaid dress and go for a lovely meal and some drinks.

I've also finished arranging/ sourcing the music for the ceremony and I'm really pleased with the choices. I've chosen three short songs for the signing of the register (probably too long but obviously music is super important to us so we're going to love it if there's a moment to just sit and listen!).
    They will be played on the violin and piano, no singing, but they are:

And

I love them all! And I finished the arrangement of Midsummer Nights Dream and have sent the parts to all my aunts, my sisters, my mum and a few others who might like to sing :).

Only just off 3 months to go! Eeee!
    That post turned out much longer than I planned!
    Ugh I already have a nice veil, but I found my absolute dream and it's so expensive... I shouldn't have looked but an advert for it came up on Facebook and now I'm trying to tell myself I don't need a veil for my evening dress.. and £275 is too much.. but it's so BEAUTIFUL!

I just have images of that with my beautiful evening dress (am planning to have some photos in that in the morning; will do my makeup and then put it on for some photos while the others get ready, and then change into my ceremony dress to have photos together with bridesmaids) and for the first dance it would look so amazing!

Does anybody have any advice of where to look for a plain chapel length veil that I could maybe dye and embellish myself? It can't be too expensive! 
    Also... 3 months to go today!!
    I've got an embroidered edge chapel length one (the Monsoon Virginia veil) you can have if you want it, and a cheap cathedral length one from eBay. They are no use to me so I'm happy to post them to you if they are of any use.

@MrsCToBee that would be amazing!!! I'll pm you xxxxx
    I ordered a cheap eBay one to mess around with and dye maybe for a crazy bit of Photoshoot but it's VERY cheap and basic so anything with pretty embroidery is fantastic!
    I am feeling equal parts excited and stressed now. 3 months is NOT LONG gah and still so much to sort out. MOSTLY fun stuff like ordering cheese and crackers and making decorations though I think. We also have decided we might try and get a Dixieland jazz trio for drinks reception and dinner so looking into those costs! I'm excited now :)
    Ever get the feeling your other half is much cooler than you? 😂

• Blondiebride2019Blondiebride2019 Posts: 377 New bride
    3 months is so close! How exciting 😍
    It is so exciting! But so stressful too eeeeek!

I need hair advice guys.

This is my natural colour:

This is when I dyed it:

Which I love!
    It has faded to this:

Now the question is, I wanted to include a more coppery pinky tone, but do let it just fade out to natural, do I dye it back to the red, do I just sort of emphasize what's left and add in some more of the hints of colour, or do I go full on crazy and back to this colouring (obviously I won't have the bob!):

I miss the proper pink and copper and everything but it's a bit more extreme and different from my natural colouring so I don't knoooow!
     (Keeping in mind there is a hint of orange in the colour scheme too, not totally random hehe).

**** Sorry for all the pictures of my face I just wanted to show the difference in colours and how they actually suit/don't suit me! ****
    I am in the middle of moving (stupid idea so soon before wedding) and we're doing it ourselves and it's been so much heavy lifting and hardly any sleep (yesterday Ralph's phone calculated that he climbed 159 staircases!) And so wedding stuff has just not been happening.

However, next week we are going to the holiday house in Germany as we both reaaaally need a break, and we intend to basically have a wedding planning holiday (wedmin + beautiful walks along the river + nice food and lots of wine). We have two boxes of tealight holders, pretty fans for if it's hot, candles, glass jars and decorations (it doesn't feel like a lot at the moment but they're very large boxes and we aren't doing looooads) and it was nice bringing those and my dresses into the new house :).

We also just caved and bought another four bottles of gin for our do-it-yourself gin bar.
    We now have:
    - Opihr spice Gin
    - elderflower gin
    - copper Adams gin
    - earl grey gin
    - lemon-scented gin
    - blood orange gin
    - orange and orange blossom gin
    - rhubarb and rosehip gin
    - violet gin
    - honeybee pollen gin
    - raspberry and vanilla gin
    - strawberry bloom
    - plum and vanilla liqueur
    - red vineyard peach liqueur (traditional in my area of Germany)
    - lime liqueur
    - 2 X aperol
    - peach liqueur
    -  elderberry liqueur
    - passionfruit liqueur
    - mango vodka
    - lime vodka
    - rhubarb vodka
    - mini bottles of blue Curacao

And then 3 bottles of plain gin, we need to get one of plain vodka and maybe some rum?

And I've started a few flavoured syrups (I have elderberry, thyme and elderflower at the moment and will also get some nice cordials) to go out with the alcohol, along with fresh sliced cucumber, citrus fruits, berries and herbs and peppercorns and of course lots of tonic and ginger ale mixers.

We also have 4 bottles of Sipsmith London cup (similar to Pimms) that we will serve (the same way as Pimms) as people arrive (a choice of that or our lovely German sparkling wine).

I think that may be too much but we get to keep it all afterwards if (when!) People don't finish it so we are totally fine with that, and it looks super pretty in our new kitchen:

I also plan to make some little cards with suggested combinations, and will probably group them in little groups like 'floral', 'citrus', 'berry' etc. I'll also get some Seedlip so those not drinking can still create yummy concoctions with the syrups, cordials and fresh fruit.
    (There is also lots of wine and beer for those strange people who don't like gin!).
  • CoffeeDogAddictCoffeeDogAddict Posts: 1,275 New bride
    Your bar is the stuff of absolute dreams!!! All the heart eyes! Your guests are going to have a brilliant time and it's such a lovely interactive set up!! 

I hope you have a lovely break away, and good luck with the rest of your move! 
    edited 24 May
    Hehe I hope it's not just me drinking it all 😂. 
    The excellent news is today I tried on my dress and it DID UP!!! Yayayay. I still want to lose a bit more weight so I feel better in it, but the good news is it does actually do up :) phew. I forgot how incredibly gorgeous it is. 
    Excuse the rubbish makeup and piles of boxes and my mum awkwardly hovering in the background (some with veil some without):

Ah you look amazing!!!
    Thank you 😊 it will be much better when a bit slimmer and better makeup and hair, but I'm just thrilled I actually can be zipped into it and I literally can't stop prancing around when I put it on and playing with the massive skirt!
    Doing very minimal decor for ceremony room, but they have nice plinth type things (2, one for each side) and we're just going to put a vase of dried flowers on both. We were going to get fancy vases but then yesterday we were in Tesco and saw these lovely recycled glass ones and decided they'd be perfect, and we'd like using them in the house afterwards! A small purchase but a nice one :)

I can't stop buying things, now I've ordered various dried flowers from Etsy to go in those vases. I'd like some fried lavender too but I managed to stop myself for now!

I think it will be simple and beautiful :).
    Off to Germany tomorrow yayayay, hopefully I'll get some useful wedmin done rather than spending money on little things and prancing around in my dress because I'm so pleased I fit in it!
  • CoffeeDogAddictCoffeeDogAddict Posts: 1,275 New bride
    You look so incredible in your dress, its just such a perfect choice!
    Thank you :) I love it so much!
    Ordered some more decorations! These will be hanging in trees in the garden:

It's all quite floral but I think in context it will look lovely, and if it doesn't I'll just not use them!

For the small green marquee (probably will be used for the food) I have got 10m of fake ivy to wind over the grey poles, and will hang a couple of things from above. So it will be this ivy in this marquee:

And for the little white one (maybe to go over bar depending on weather? Or potentially just providing some nice shade and with some cushions and board games or something under it) I got a backgrop of paper flowers and I'll just stick it up and drape the strings of flowers across it.

We will borrow some Christmas/fairy lights from family members and use what we have as well, so at night hopefully it will still look nice. I hope it's not too over-the-top!
  • Northern_brideNorthern_bride Posts: 125 New bride
    Wow, I love those decorations! So pretty and such lovely colours.
  • I’m so excited to see how this comes together, the decorations look amazing! I love how colourful and happy it will all be! 
    edited 3 June
    I hope it isn't rainy so it actually will be colourful and pretty!

2 months today! I'm so excited that in 2 months exactly I'll be becoming a Mrs. Also quite stressed 😂 
    Flowers wise, not having a florist do anything but I want a nice selection of flowers to put in jam jars on the tables. I was going to just drive round the supermarkets the day before and select whatever they have that I like, but I've seen a few people on here suggest wholesale flowers; I'm not entirely sure how that would work? I'm not after anything specific. Does anybody have any suggestions/advice?