Forum home Your planning threads

Town Centre Barn Wedding - Kent, August 2019

• MrsCToBeeMrsCToBee Posts: 2,957 New bride
    Another 70 mile round  trip and the suit was a rubbish fit so we didn't buy it - and they made us feel really awkward about it! Back to the drawing board.
    Ordered C a suit from Jacamo which thankfully is a good length for him, just need to get my alterations lady to alter the shoulders slightly. Phew!
  • CoffeeDogAddictCoffeeDogAddict Posts: 1,459 New bride
    Nice!! glad you managed to find a solution and hopefully the alterations wont be too stressful. 
    My mission to find a dress to wear in the evening is getting difficult! I have seen loads I like but they either are out of stock or I order them and then they don't fit or don't look nice in real life.

I saw a Coast dress called Odette I like but it's out of stock everywhere, so I've bought the Little Mistress copy cat version to see what that looks like (if it comes - they have cancelled the last 2 orders I've done with them for other dresses due to lack of stock).

I also found this really nice Chi Chi dress on Evans but it's out of stock in my size - have ordered a size down but don't think it will fit me. I can't find it anywhere else 😭

Just waved C off on his 4 day stag do to Estonia - waiting for a picture of what they've dressed him up as........
    edited July 2019
    His face is covered in dodgy make up and he has a really crap veil on too 😂😂😂
    He's a bride and groom in one - I won't post the pic of him in just the tuxedo Morph suit or you'll be bleaching your eyeballs for the next week, all I will say is it has a crotch flap for peeing 😂 They've sat him on his own on the plane with some random people too while they all sit together 🙄

Oh my god thats something else!
    edited June 2019
    Finished all the DIY tonight! Made a Welcome sign to replace the previous one I made and hated, and a sort of chronological photo board with pics from when we met in 2010 up until now . Thankful it's all done as with 9 weeks to go, I really need to start concentrating on the details and order of the day!

• GinAndBlingGinAndBling Posts: 1,311 New bride
    Ahh love it- my husband went to Talin in Estonia and absolutely loved it (although he came back v. hungover!). 
    Our planning thread: We're completely winging it.
    Our report: A fun, classic May day in navy and blush
    My weightloss thread: Diet denial! 
    Ahh love it- my husband went to Talin in Estonia and absolutely loved it (although he came back v. hungover!). 
    Yes they were in Tallinn also, Thursday to Sunday - he came back last night and went straight to bed, and has taken today off work to recover! They did car paintball, archery, karaoke and even started a skipping competition in the main square at 2am apparently! Think there was also a strip club involved though C said you had to be v careful as some of the bars are a bit dodgy!

1 week today and I'll be in Venice with my girls!
  • MrsH2020MrsH2020 Posts: 218 New bride
    That picture is hilarious! My OH's stag do is in the planning stages at the moment (I'm friends with the groomsmen too so getting all the goss!) and Tallinn is potentially on the cards...

Also just wanted to say that from the picture I actually prefer the Little Mistress version of that dress  - hope you manage to get it!
    MrsH2020 said:
    That picture is hilarious! My OH's stag do is in the planning stages at the moment (I'm friends with the groomsmen too so getting all the goss!) and Tallinn is potentially on the cards...

Also just wanted to say that from the picture I actually prefer the Little Mistress version of that dress  - hope you manage to get it!
    They had a fab time, and it actually looks like a beautiful city too!

Both dresses are going back - the Chi Chi one is too small and the Little Mistress one is too big with long baggy arms and neither are in stock in the size I need anywhere! I have set up an email alert for if they come into stock but otherwise I'm going to just leave it now, I'm bored of looking. I could get what I want if I spent a couple of hundred quid but since I'm hoping to stay in my dress all day, I didn't want to spend much more than about £50.
    Well today is payday for both of us which means....the wedding is now fully paid for!!! Wooohoooooo!!!!

• MrsH2020MrsH2020 Posts: 218 New bride
    Congratulations!!
    Thanks @MrsH2020 it is such a relief!

Looking warm for hen do in Venice next week, though it's bloody warm here at the moment too!

Woo thats fab news!! Your hen do sounds like its going to be so good!
    edited July 2019
    Back from a fab time in Venice, burnt to a crisp and covered in mosquito bites - it was just soooo hot! I've been there before and it was just so much hotter and more humid this time. Hope the severe strapmarks fade a bit in the next 7 weeks!!

We spent Monday sightseeing (my Fitbit tells me I walked 10 miles on Monday!!), then went to the beach on Lido island on Tuesday. Yesterday we just wandered a bit more and had lunch before heading to the airport. We had some really lovely meals and a few drinks, it wasn't boozy and no one got drunk, but lovely and chilled.

That looks so fab! i'm so pleased you had a great time!! 
  • Cecilia13Cecilia13 Posts: 512 New bride
    It looks absolutely amazing 😍😍 so glad you had a lovely time, and good weather!
  • A Venice hen do is the stuff of dreams! It looks amazing!
    A Venice hen do is the stuff of dreams! It looks amazing!
    It was fab! We booked it with BA in their sale and we only paid £160 each for flights and 2 night's bed and breakfast! 😀
    edited July 2019
    Just over 7 weeks to go on Sunday and I have hit MAJOR PANIC MODE!! Suddenly seems to be so much to do!

Tomorrow the bridesmaids and I have our make up trial, and they are going to try on their dresses together with all their accessories and the sandals they have bought.

I have a huge A4 list of things to do this weekend, from getting the seating plans and other signs printed, to ordering the wholesale flowers, downloading the music, to speaking to the venue about final arrangements, to boxing up all the decorations by area with a list of what should go where. I feel a bit mean as C wanted to go on a day out with his parents and I said no, we just don't have time as we have so few free days left before the wedding, and he is on his friend's stag do for one whole weekend.

Then next week I have (hopefully) my final dress fitting, and the seamstress is also going to adjust the sleeve and trouser length of the suit we have decided on for C.

On top of all this work is absolutely manic, and the childcare we use 4 days per week have announced they are probably closing in 2 week's time so I'm desperately scrambling to try to find 4 days per week childcare from September, in an area where every preschool and nursery has a huge waiting list. Absolute nightmare.

In terms of wedding weight loss, let's just say that stressed is desserts backwards, and leave it at that! I wish I was one of these people who loses weight when stressed but it's the complete opposite :(

I'd love to say I'm excited but I'm just anxious and stressed to high heaven and at this point, can't wait for it to be over as it's one less thing to worry about in my manic life.
    Thanks MrsW, I think it's just the realisation that the wedding is NEXT MONTH!!! 😱😱
    edited July 2019

As mentioned the bridesmaid's dresses no longer fit them so have had to order new. The new dresses have been dispatched so hopefully they'll be able to try them in the next week or two so we can make a final decision :)

• I love the make up, it looks really lovely. Gorgeous lip colour!
    I love the make up, it looks really lovely. Gorgeous lip colour!
    Thanks, the lipstick is Bobbi Brown in Rose Petal :)
    edited July 2019
    Since all my attempts to find an evening dress I liked failed (bar the £500 one I patently can't afford!) I'm now trying the tulle skirt route. I bought a really nice gold sequin t-shirt in the Next sale the other day and I've bought a white tulle skirt from Amazon to see what they look like together. Hopefully it will look OK and anyway, I'm hoping I can stay in my wedding dress all day and night so this is really just a fallback option.

Both the new bridesmaid dress options arrived today so hopefully the girls can try those on this week so we can make a final decision and I can stop stressing.

Meant to say, I gave the girls their 'wedding belles' PJs I got for a fiver each in the M&S sale and they both loved them and we all wore them around the hotel  room in Venice! Probably won't wear them on the day as they are a bit revealing with loads of people in the house.

Had my first email contact with the venue for ages yesterday too - and they are so good and have said they will do all our extra venue decoration, meaning C and the best men don't have to go and do it. They really are so accommodating, I can totally see why they win so many awards.
  • How exciting, and reassuring that they are on top of things!

The planning cycle is a weird one isn’t it? Mad first few months booking everything and paying deposits and then radio silence until just the last few weeks!
    How exciting, and reassuring that they are on top of things!

The planning cycle is a weird one isn’t it? Mad first few months booking everything and paying deposits and then radio silence until just the last few weeks!
    Yes exactly this! And life in general is manic at the moment too, our childcare has let us down for September so desperately scrambling to sort that, my gran is devastated as her dog died this morning so I'm trying to comfort her from work, and just a million life admin things to do as well as working full time - I'm just running on adrenaline at the moment!