TTC 35 - 2020 babies 👶 🤞

MrsRagdollMrsRagdoll Posts: 207 New bride
edited 25 October in You & Your Baby

Hello all you lovely ladies.

Following @DandelionBlue ‘s recommendations I thought I’d start a new thread.

Fingers crossed for everyone joining xx

BFP HALL OF FAME

(Will be updated as the BFPs arrive)

@MrsMinMarch2016

@OmRum

@MrsCarnegie

@Pf2016

@DandelionBlue

@Hannah343

USEFUL ABREVIATIONS

TTC - Trying to Conceive

BD - Baby dance (sex)

DTD - Do the deed (sex)

CD - Cycle Day (First day of your period is day 1)

AF - Aunty Flo (Your period, also know as the Witch!)

OV - Ovulation

OPK - Ovulation Predictor Kit

DPO - Days Past Ovulation

BFP - Big Fat Positive (A positive pregnancy test result)

BFN - Big Fat Negative

SS - Symptom Spotting

CM - Cervical Mucus

EWCM - Egg-White Cervical Mucus (Most fertile type)

POAS - Pee on a Stick (Pregnancy test)

FF - Fertility Friend (An online fertility monitor)

I’ve got every faith this is going to be a super lucky thread for us all some bring on those pink or blue lines 🤞🤞🤞

Xxxx

• DandelionBlueDandelionBlue Posts: 1,359 New bride
    Thank you MrsRagdoll for creating a new thread. Fingers crossed this will be a lucky one.
  • Pf2016Pf2016 Posts: 698 New bride
    Thanks MrsRagdoll.

Cd30 here, AF due today and nothing. Did another IC test after 5 hour hold in the car and BFN. I'm going to buy a real test tomorrow.
  • MrsRagdollMrsRagdoll Posts: 207 New bride
    Sounds promising @Pf2016 ! Keep us updated :)
    edited 10 July
    Pf2016 I hope af stays away and it is just a little too early to show a bfp. Remind me how did you determine ovulation?

I just came back from my GP appointment. I must have misunderstood her because she did not do an ultrasound. She did a snear test and examined me internally and by feeling my uterus area from outside. She said it all feels and looks good and healthy. I then went and got my 21day blood test. 
    So I won't know if I did or didn't ovulate until I get my progesterone test back or get a BFP (unlikely).
    Oh she also said a smear test won't affect anything if I happen to be pregnant. As it is very early.

Anyway my temperature dropped again today. And I feel pretty good. Which I usually don't during my tww. Don't feel bloated. So I might not have ovulated.
    However my pulse is still at it's highest. And my nipples still hurt. But that might not mean anything.
    I did an opk this morning and it is super light. So even if I didn't O, no sign of O ahead.

I just wish I knew. I am kind of wishing af comes soon, so I can be over with this stupid cycle 
    At it's longest my cycle was 34 days. That is when I ovulated late on CD20. I am now CD23. So have 11 more days to go to match my longest cycle. Or 4 days if I did ovulate on CD14. Or anything in between.
    Thanks Dandelion and MrsRagdoll.  I had some very light spotting this morning and a dodgy tummy which I always get the day of AF (but did also get both with my last BFP.  And I have a cervical ectropian which can cause bleeding which isn't AF.)  Anyway I'm expecting to be out today but will pick up a test later.  I was convincing myself that my IC tests were a dodgy batch but really they're probably just true BFNs.  I didn't pinpoint ovulation actually, I just went by what FF said - my cycles are usually very regular - but since having the implant out in April they have been slightly out (28-30 days, lots of spotting, light AF, normal AF, CM not as expected.)  So actually who knows what DPO I am!  I've never had cycles over 30 days though.  I counted CD1 this cycle when my AF came, but it was super light, then stopped and started again 2 days later, so it might be that what I called CD1 was actually more like pre-AF spotting.  Which makes me more like CD29 today.  Also I had that EWCM on CD19 so I could just be having a longer luteal phase than usual.
    I hope the test results come back with some answers Dandelion, it must be so frustrating not knowing what's going on.  Fingers crossed it at least ends soon, and you can move on to another month.
    Mrs Ragdoll I hope this thread brings you luck!!  
  • Laura812Laura812 Posts: 149 New bride
    Happy new thread everyone. Hope it brings everyone lots of luck!
    @DandelionBlue I'm sorry you're still in the dark, it's really tough being in limbo like that. Hopefully something starts acting more normally soon or you get some more information.

Tmi. But I just had loads of creamy cm when I wiped. Do any of you get that from a smear test?
    She did say I might spot for the next few days. So I thought it was blood when I felt wet down there. But nope loads of cm. More than I ever get lol.

Pf2016 I was told / read that CD1 is the first day of proper red flow before 5pm. So that is what I go by.  Since I have very light periods, I count af as my first day where I have red blood with clots / bits. And mark the days before as spotting. However at my last appointment my GP seemed unsure and told me to count first day of spotting as CD1. I must have looked at her sceptically, since she quickly changed her mind.
    Anyway you might have ovulated slightly later. Lots of women find that once they start ttc, their cycle isn't quite as regular as it seemed / used to be.  Stress can delay ovulation, and ttc causes stress lol. 
    I also get a bad stomach / loose stool before af. It is usually my first warning.
    Anyway I hope that it is just a little early for a BFP. And that the spotting doesn't lead to af. 

Thank you Laura. Being in Limbo is the worst part about ttc I feel.
    I hope that ava is just being funky with my first cycle. But the admins say that only the first 4 readings are wrong and then the temperatures are inaccurate. And that it takes ava 3 months to predict your zone of fertility correctly. But then loads of users say they had jaggy inaccurate charts the first month.
    The only thing that is keeping me hopeful is my rhr. I don't understand why it would be so high if I didn't ovulate. Maybe it's stress.

• Natutz14Natutz14 Posts: 54 New bride
    I cracked and took a POAS this morning (completely stupid as its around 6-7 days before AF should appear)

BFN - obviously. 

Even though I knew chances were so slim, we really only just started trying - i feel sad. I had twinges in my stomach, have been feeling slightly queasy and mood swings but no other symptoms so all in my head I suppose 

:'(
  • OmRumOmRum Posts: 803 New bride
    Hello, thanks for setting up the new thread, Mrs Ragdoll. What you said in the last thread about the crystal ball is so true! I would be happy to have a few more months of ttc and no pregnancy freedom if only I knew for certain it would happen within the next couple of years. It's the not knowing that is the problem.

Sorry your cycle is still playing with you, Dandelion. It's a shame the appointment didn't go quite how you thought it would, but at least the ball is rolling now. You just need to make sure it keeps rolling!

I got my swab test results back today - all satisfactory, no infection. I also got a call from the surgery telling me there is a letter in the post about my referral for the ultrasound scan. It's a bit annoying as we're moving house and the letter is going to the old address (apparently it was from when I was referred in April, so it's been three months!).

I'm nearly certain I had my period between Sunday and yesterday as I had cramps and it was bright red. It was a week early and shorter and lighter than normal, but I expect that was due to the stress and all the bleeding I've already had over the last two weeks. Just waiting to see if the dark red discharge returns. I don't know how to go forward - whether I ought to use opks again to see when I ovulate (I hate poas), or even if I should take a hpt just in case it wasn't, in fact, AF (I'm sure it will be BFN but sometimes it's better to be certain).

In other news, we're exchanging on the flat tomorrow and moving the furniture on Saturday!
    Natutz Sorry about the BFN, but it us still too early to test. I used to test early. But I would now recommend to wait until you think you missed your period.
    You are not out until you get your period.

Yikes! 3 months OmRum. I hope my referral is quicker.
    Good news about the lack of infection though. Did your GP say what else might have caused it? It still seems very unusual to me.
    I would take an hpt test just in case. You never know and that way it won't way on your mind.
    And personally I would poas this cycle, because you cannot be entirely sure when CD1 was. But I get that it adds stress.
    You must be so excited about exchanging tomorrow. Are you planning to sleep there the first night?

• Anxiousbride2Anxiousbride2 Posts: 223 New bride
    Yay, thanks for setting up this new lucky thread @MrsRagdoll fingers crossed for us all, bring on the pink lines! :)

I definitely agree about the not knowing - I am happy to wait a little while to have children if I could just relax and enjoy that time rather than spending it panicking that it will just never happen :( The not knowing drives me crazy, I am such a planner! I am really not enjoying my job at the moment, but don't want to look for something else and sacrifice my maternity rights and don't want to start something new and straight away be leaving. But it could mean I am stuck in this job for ages with no pregnancy. So difficult to plan!

@DandelionBlue I am really glad that things with the GP were positive and hope its made you feel better. I def agree that Ovia is very unreliable - I do like the layout and articles, but I don't think it gets my O dates correct at all, I usually just do OPKs and then input that to the app.

@pf2016 - any sign of AF now? Keeping fingers crossed for you, I know how hard these couple of days can be!

@omrum - so exciting about your move, and nice to have something else to focus on. Sounds good news from your GP appointments too. I hope it all goes smoothly this weekend!

@natutz14 - sorry about the BFN, but like the others said, 6 days before AF is def too early to detect a BFP so keep fingers crossed!

I had a good start to the week, as we managed to BD on Sat, Sun and MOn and then I got a positive OPK on Mon. Since then it's been downhill - DH was too tired for it last night and there was nothing I could do to persuade him which was so annoying as I felt we'd been on a bit of a roll. But hopefully the 3 days in the lead up might have done some good. Today I am having such a stressful time at work, so many problems and things for me to sort out, and I feel like its my key fertilisation days and I can't help getting stressed so I reckon its going to prevent anything from happening. I really have started to believe that stress is the biggest negative impact on it happening. WIsh I could just relax, but of course thinking like that is a vicious cycle! Hopefully I am wrong and its all happening inside me right now, who knows! Headed shortly into the dreaded 2WW! Groan!

xx
  • OmRumOmRum Posts: 803 New bride
    We're not moving the bed until Saturday, but I'm certainly taking a kettle and some tea with a couple of fold up chairs so that we can have a cuppa once we've got the keys. We also have a bottle of champagne that was given to us when we were married, so we might crack that open either tomorrow or on Saturday once the furniture has gone in!

The GP seemed to think that because the bleeding seemed to be stopping by itself that it might be a one off, and I just have to monitor to see if it happens again. Of course, the next day I started bleeding heavier again, but I think that might be related to the period. I've only had a tiny bit of blood today, so fingers crossed it's over. I'm still terrified every time I go to the loo though in case there's blood again!
    Congrats on the new flat OmRum!  That is so exciting.  Is it your first place or have you sold somewhere too?  I remember how stressful buying my first place was.  I hope the bleeding is gone for good.

Anxious that must be difficult with your job.  Give it a few more months to see if you fall, it's not been long, and as you say maternity packages make a big difference.  I only had SMA with my first and it didn't go a long way.  But if you're still trying, then don't put the job hunt off indefinitely.  Try to remember that your job isn't who you are - if you're 'just' an employee and are considering leaving anyway, then try to let the stress wash over you and leave it at the office.  It's ultimately someone else's problem.

Natutz, I was similar testing early this month!  I thought maybe I'd be one of those ladies that gets a BFP at 8DPO...Ha of course it didn't happen.  Next month I won't be testing early, in fact we will be taking everything easier.  Best to wait until at least 12 or 13 DPO I think.

Dandelion that's interesting what your GP said.  I always think AF is when it's heavy enough to use something.  I use a cup though, and never need to change more than every 12 hours, so once it's in, I don't really know how heavy my flow is til it's out.  It seemed like full AF when I counted CD1 as it was enough for me to think to use the cup, but then it did start properly later on, so I expect you're right and it was still spotting early doors.
    Thanks @pf2016 I def know you're right, it's just always easier said than done isn't it! Why does the stressful time always fall right when I am ovulating!? grr! X
    BFN this morning on a proper test but still no sign of AF. So I think I must have ovulated later, expecting her this weekend now.
    Hmm just had another look at my test. There's a very very thin line which is blue, but nowhere near as thick as the control line or the horizontal line. What do you girls think? Is this an evap? Sorry pic is rotated the wrong way.
  • MrsRagdollMrsRagdoll Posts: 207 New bride

Hmm I personally can't see anything @Pf2016 however I am useless at seeing squinters so that doesn't mean it's not there. Could you try with a FRER? They're the most accurate I believe.

Congratulations on your flat @OmRum you must be so excited :) I hope all the bleeding has stopped now and you can have a normal cycle!

Sorry you've had a stressful time at work @Anxiousbride2 I feel like that's me permanently :(

I can't remember my last smear test @DandelionBlue however more CM would make sense as it's your bodies way of reacting to micro trauma. I've got my next smear in August, we get them yearly with work which is great!

No update from me, I had planned to temp but completely forgot. Need to start from tomorrow!

Hmm yes MrsRagdoll the pic is terrible!  There's definitely something there but it's so thin it wouldn't photograph I don't think.  Been googling since I posted and pretty sure it's an evap, notorious with Sainsburys tests apparently.  They didn't have a FRER when I went last night so will try to get back to the shops later today.
    @pf2016 eek, keeping everything crossed for you! I can't really see it in the photograph either but that doesn't mean it's not there - def try and get a FRER later and keep us posted, we are all rooting for you!  :) X
  • MrsPope2018MrsPope2018 Posts: 1,132 New bride
    Pf2016 I had a very very thin line on a clear blue and then got a faint but definite line on a first response so if you can get one of those I would reccomend it. 
    Pf2016 I am really bad with faint lines so I can't see anything. 
    If you place your ring around it, the camera will focus more on it. I always thought people were just showing off their rings, but that is actually why they do it.
    I also second MrsRagdoll's advice of getting a first response. Their have been a few false positives with them in the last few months. But generally pink is more reliable and easier to see.
    Fingers crossed there is a little bean in your belly. Would be a great way to start the new thread.

MrsRagdoll You are right. Probably my body protecting itself after the microtrauma. I never get a lot of cm, so I was hoping it was all hiding up there and the doctor dislodged it with the smear lol. I haven't spotted though, so I am glad about that.

Anxiousbride I totally understand why you would want to wait until you are pregnant. But in general I would advise you not to put anything on hold while ttc. It might happen really soon for you. But it might take a while. And you might be upset at that point that you didn't go for it. Generally people regret the things more that they didn't do, than the ones that they did. Maybe set yourself a deadline and start preparing your cv. Have a look around what there is out there.

I woke up to my nipples being on fire. They have been sensitive for the last few days. But ouch do they hurt today.
    My temp went slightly up today and my rhr is still high.
    I did get a slightly stronger line on the opk last afternoon and this morning. So I am going to keep testing in case my body gears up to ovulation in the next few days.
    At the same time it could be my body approaching af. I read that you have more LH around your period.
    If I  ovulated on CD14 and am about to get my period then I should start spotting tomorrow. I generally spot 3 days before.

Thanks Dandelion for the tip!  I always wondered why people did that too!  I thought it was people being gushy about their love and their baby haha.  OK I've tried again and filtered the f**k out of it so you can see the line now - but still v v thin.  @MrsPope2018 good to hear you had similar.  I'll get a FRER later.
    Dandelion that's good about your temp.  OPKs can pick up pregnancy hormones too so you never know, it could be going that way?  
    edited 11 July
    Pf2016 I think I can see something now, specifically towards the bottom.
    I definitely think it is worth testing with a FRER. That should give you a clearer line.
    Although I still think you ovulated a little later than you thought. Because I think if you missed your period that line would be a bit stronger.
    FC this is it for you.

My temperatures are overall still pretty low. In fact yesterday was almost the lowest it has been all month. So if the temperatures are in fact accurate, I highly doubt I am pregnant. But it is nice to dream lol.

I just don't know when to expect my period if I did not ovulate. Does that mean I will have a long cycle? Until now my body wasn't even attempting to ovulate again after CD14.
  • SammykateSammykate Posts: 3,791 New bride
    Pf I can see a line, it's stronger at the bottom which could point to an evap line or it could just be a rubbish test! Do get a FRER. Keeping my fingers crossed for you! xx
    @Pf2016 I can def see it now. Did it only appear after 10 minutes (if so it is probably just an evap line I'm afraid)? The waiting sucks, hope you can manage to get a FRER soon.

How is everyone else doing today? I am feeling hopeful this month as we've given it our all, managed to BD last night (I think O was on Tues) so into the 2WW now. DH is completely exhausted, we NEVER use to BD 2 days in a row so its all been a bit much for him lol! We definitely find it hard to make the time as we both have full time stressful jobs and are so tired out all the time. We usually BD in the morn but this week we've managed it at night a few times which I am more hopeful about, as I feel like lying down afterwards and body relaxing into sleep must be better than getting up, showering and rushing about straight after. Fingers crossed! X
  • MrsMidtobeMrsMidtobe Posts: 59 New bride
    Hi guys, sorry i’ve been a little quiet on the thread. We are now 4 weeks to the wedding tomorrow and we move house next week so a lot going on! Keep telling myself that’s why it’s not happening because I’m too stressed.

Sounds like we’ve all had a busy few weeks. Keeping my fingers crossed for those of you in your tww, hoping AF stays away! 

I have also been using my Ava for the last cycle, still not entirely sure what to do with it. Is anyone any good with charts ? I have attached a pic of my latest cycle/month. Does anyone have any insight into what’s going on ? 

Honest MrsMidtobe from that chart my best bet would be that you ovulated CD26 /25. Or CD23 with a fallback rise. 
    Why are you missing so many temperatures? Ava apparently discounts any chart with more than 3 missing temperature.  Also is this your first chart? Because I am still not convinced the temperatures are accurate in the first one.
    However your pulse rate only started climbing CD19. And it tends to do that a few days before Ovulation. Same for you breathing rate.
    Honestly sometimes it feels like you need a science degree to be on top of all this doesn't it! :( These charts and figures make my brain hurt.... My friend was trying for a long time and the best advice her GP gave her was to stop with the charting and OPKs etc and just BD every other day throughout the entire month - she caught that cycle.... just food for thought :)
  • MrsMidtobeMrsMidtobe Posts: 59 New bride
    @DandelionBlue thank you for the insight it’s really helped. I do think your spot on with the potential Ov dates as I was using up what was left from my opk’s and despite not having a definitive result they did suggest I ovulated late which I do think is a pattern for me. 

Il admit I did miss a few nights and in the beginning I found I would take it off in my sleep, so that’s really helpful to know with the missing 3 nights rule. Hopefully it’ll make more sense on my next cycle hoping I don’t miss any.

i am dubious with the temperature issue too, we had some really warm nights and some really cold nights and I always sleep with my ‘Ava’ arm out of the covers so surely that would affect the result ? 

I wish i could could just stop and roll with it. I know in my head that’s the sensible thing to do but I can’t help but obsess. I had some gynae issues when I was younger and was told I might struggle to conceive, so I do feel like I’m in a bit of a race against time 
    Just did a FRER with v concentrated wee and nothing! So I think an evap. Just twiddling my thumbs now waiting for AF to arrive.