Due March/April 2020

Raksha92Raksha92 Posts: 215 New bride
edited 1 August in You & Your Baby
Couldn’t see a thread for March 2020. So started this one. Anyone else due around this time?

Due dates
@Mrs17 ;3/3/20
@Sammykate 4/3/20
@bride2be2019 16/3/20
@Raksha92 ;20/3/20
@MrsMinMarch2016 21/3/20
@Mrsseebe2be 26/3/20

• SammykateSammykate Posts: 3,702 New bride
    Hi! I'll join you and maybe this can become a March/April thread when we get some more BFPs

I'm due 2nd March so I'm on the Jan/Feb thread seeing as I might end up with a Feb baby :) plus I was on my own with a March due date lol!
  • Raksha92Raksha92 Posts: 215 New bride
    🤞🏻 We get some more people soon 😊
  • Hi I'm feeling brave enough to join you guys, had my BFP on Sunday and confirmed 1-2 wks on a digi yesterday. Current EDD 21st March  :)

I was part of the due January/February 2017 thread on here with my daughter and we all still keep in contact now on facebook, it's lovely to share your journey on here especially in the early stages when it feels like all you want to do is shout it from the rooftops but you can't tell anyone yet!!!

Agree that maybe we should change header to due March / April and fingers crossed we should get more joiners over the next few weeks.

How have you both been, many symptoms yet??? My major giveaway before my BFP was full heavy boobs which were crazy sore like they were bruised on the side but also had bouts of nausea, cramping, tiredness & mad vivid dreams!! Very strange as didn't have any symptoms before my BFP with my daughter but did have implantation bleeding which I didn't this time, just goes to show every pregnancy is different i guess!!

Lovely to have you join us MrsMin :)

I didn't get many pre-BFP symptoms except it felt like AF was coming and she never did. My main clue was I had a tiny amount of implantation bleeding, like so little I'd have missed it if I wasn't TTC and symptom spotting. As I never spot before AF, when it didn't turn into proper bleeding I thought I had to be pregnant.

My symptoms now really come and go. I think they were worse at 5 weeks than they are now at 7! My boobs have gone up a cup size but they aren't sore. I get waves of nausea and had a couple of days with it constantly. I went through a 'very hungry caterpillar' stage where I ate everything in sight. Now I'm normally hungry but nothing feels appealing to eat. I've also been very tired and going to bed early, although not as early as some people- my sister said she was in bed by 7pm every night during the first trimester!

I do worry that my symptoms aren't getting worse and I've not been sick as morning sickness is supposed to be a good sign. However I had a scan at 6 weeks due to cramping and all was fine then, they could see a heartbeat. So I'm trying to chill out and count my lucky stars I'm not puking yet!

• @Sammykate with my daughter I had zero sickness, my sister and mom were the same so maybe its in the genes  :D  Shes 2 and a half now and perfectly healthy so try not to worry about the fact you've not been sick and you're right count yourself one of the lucky ones!!

We are definitely going to get an early reassurance scan, we had one with my 1st & theres no way I can wait till 12 wks!
    I would love another scan but after having one at 6 weeks through the NHS I can't justify paying for another one lol. I was too nervous to enjoy it at all and can't even remember what it looked like! D'oh. I hope I have better luck at the 12 week scan!
  • Mrs17Mrs17 Posts: 816 New bride
    Hi Ladies.

Being brave and stepping out here Sammykate...

I'm due 3rd March, had a private scan last week and heard a lovely heartbeat (and confirmed 1 baby!). No real symptoms except a lack of appetite, and energy at times. My weighing scales tells me this is a good thing though haha! 
    Hurray so glad you are joining us!

Fantastic news on the heart beat. I was also relieved to see just one baby on mine haha
    Hi ladies! 

Sorry been having some problems logging in 🙈

My main symptoms were sore boobs and cramps. I knew I was pregnant before I tested because I had cramps which I never get before my period! Cramps have settled down now but had to buy a new non-wired bra last week (4 weeks!). 

I've got an early scan booked on 11 August at 8 weeks.
  • Welcome @Mrs17! So lovely that you've heard the heartbeat I can't wait for that and glad you have just one in there haha.  My husband said he would love twins, easy for him to say when he works away a lot & i'll be the feeding machine!!

How exciting about your early scan @Raksha92 I think we will book one around that date too.

Just had a call from the midwife and my booking in appt is booked for 16th Aug, just want these next few weeks to disappear!!!

Is this all your first baby???

It’s my first baby. Was 26 when we conceived but will be 27 by the time baby comes. 
    It's my first too!

I agree twins sounds adorable and the idea of an instant complete family is great, but in reality I bet it's q nightmare! One goes to sleep, the other wakes up...! I was glad to just see one little bean on our early scan lol

I have my midwife apt next week and then my 12 week scan on the 22nd Aug! Time is going so slow lol!
    Second baby for me, I have a 1 year old. 

My hubby works away too MrsMin. Do i remember reading that yours works on the rigs?

Twins would be great for the labour bit. Not so much for the couple of years that come after!

I've had a bit of bleeding this afternoon so called to mention it to my midwife and they've panicked me a little by booking me in for another scan tomorrow morning. It had stopped and I feel okay but now I'm wondering if I should assume the worst. Trying to put it to the back of my mind until morning now.... 
  • @Mrs17 sorry to read you're having a panic just remember small amounts of bleeding can be perfectly normal in early pregnancy I think it would need to be a much larger amount to be the worst but Its good that they are taking you seriously and scanning you again, will be thinking of you...

No my husband works in professional cricket as a coach, the season runs April-Sept when he is pretty much away most weeks so not ideal that a month after this baby is due the season will hit  :'( 

This is also my 2nd baby my daughter will be 3 years 2 mths when this baby is born if all goes well, more a gap than we would've liked but on the upside we will be entitled to our free nursery hrs so no paying 2 lots of fees thank god!! I'm 33, will be 34 when baby comes.
    @Sammykate I agree that everything seems to go slowly in the first trimester, that’s why I booked the early scan. I haven’t got my booking in appointment date yet. I think the 12 week scan is booked at that appointment. 

@Mrs17 sorry to hear about the bleeding. Was it red or pink? I have heard lots of people who have bled throughout pregnancy and have had no problems. I’m sure the scan is just precautionary and nothing to worry about.  

I’m based in the Channel Islands so our processes are a little bit different but did find this helpful timetable of appointments so I’ve worked out all the dates 🙈
    Yes you're right. I'm just reminding myself that theres no point in worrying as it doesnt change anything. And keeping my fingers and toes crossed...

Aww sorry @MrsMinMarch2016 I must have been confusing you with someone else 🙈 that's going to be a tough few of months for both of you then. You looking after 2 alone, and him missing out on those early days where they change so much! 

Red @Raksha92. I hope so. I guess I'll find out for sure in the morning. That's a great little timetable to have handy! 
    Mrs17 I'm sure all is okay but you must be worried. It's good they've booked you in for a scan otherwise you'd have to worry right up until your 12 week scan! And it's good to be taken seriously and not brushed off which makes a change in the NHS.

On another forum I'm on in a March 2020 group loads of people have had small amounts of bleeding and it's been okay at their scans. I know its natural to worry though.

Talking of March 2020 I was trying to convince my husband 2020 is a really iconic year to be born and a similar date only comes around every 1000 yrs! He wasnt impressed and just said its made up numbers. Men lol. If the babies early a 20.02.2020 birth date could be possible! I'm hoping his mum declares it an auspicious year- she's Chinese and has strong beliefs about this kind of thing!
    Raksha that time table is useful- do you not get a 12 week scan? It's interesting how it's so different everywhere even by city/county
    Yes we do. It’s under the 10 week booking in appointment as it’s arranged then but I believe it’s typically at 12 weeks 

I’m getting a bonus from work this month so I’m treating us to this private scan package too 🙈

Is anyone doing a gender reveal? I’ve always said I’ve wanted one and my sisters have been planning one for me since before I was pregnant 😂

My husbands parents live away and they are coming around my birthday and I will be 16 and a half weeks so trying to organise it for then so they can feel part of the process. Trying to convenience my sisters to actually do the reveal on my birthday.

Fingers crossed my dating doesn’t change 🤦🏼‍♀️ 
    edited 18 July
    Oh I see about the 12 week scan! That private package looks nice and not too pricey when you consider everything included. Nice to find out the gender a whole month early.

We won't be doing a gender reveal as such like with a coloured cake or coloured glitter or whatever people do. But we will be doing an announcement and letting people know. What kind of thing are you thinking of doing?

As for the actual 'hey we are expecting!' Announcement on Facebook I was thinking of a couples photo and I'll wear one of those 'baby loading' tshirts. For some reason I'd rather not share the scan photo but I know loads do so I don't have any real issue with it.

We haven't told our parents yet as we are waiting until after the 12 week scan. We are going on a cruise with my parents, sister and her family at 13 weeks in celebration of my mums 60th which was in May. I was thinking of telling her on the first nught we have a late birthday present for her and giving her a 'happy birthday grandma' card with the scan picture in! My sister gave her a mothers day card with a scan pic in so the bar is high haha.

Anyone else got anything planned?
    edited 18 July
    @Sammykate the reveal to your parents sounds lovely and I understand what you mean about the scan photo. 

I’m thinking about doing a video of gender reveal as our Facebook announcement but telling important people to us personally from 12 weeks. 

For the gender reveal, my sisters are planning it all so it will be a complete surprise! They have mentioned 5 different “reveals” but only 1 will reveal the actual gender so gods know how they are doing it!

We’ve told both our parents, my sisters and my grandparents. Our rationale was that we have people to be excited with us but also if the worst did happen we have people to support us. Though my mum has been a bit OTT 🙈
    Morning ladies. All went well at the scan this morning. They can see an area where the bleeding is coming from and said it's quite possible there could be some more bleeding but it doesnt look to be anything to worry about. Lots of relieved tears this morning! 

That's a great scan package @Raksha92

I don't think we are going to announce it this time, I think we will just tell people as it comes up after 12 weeks! Although I may change my mind when we find out the gender... 
  • So pleased all is well @Mrs17 you have been in my thoughts this morning! Good that they suspect a reason for the bleed as well and can say its nothing to worry about.

We have told my mom and sister, I hid the pregnancy test in my garden the other day and waited till they saw it, I set my phone up on video and managed to capture the whole thing perfectly on camera, it was lovely.  We are telling my mother in law and sister in law tomorrow.  Our families have had the most horrendous 2 years - me and my husband lost both our dads within a year - so this will hopefully be some light at the end of a very dark tunnel.

We did a fb announcement with our daughter at about 14 wks, it was a picture of my dog with a sign saying 'only child' crossed out and underneath that it said 'big sister'  :)  I don't know if and what we will do this time round if all goes well.

We haven't discussed finding out the gender yet, i suspect we will just for practical reasons - we have sooo much pink stuff we'll need to get rid of if its not a girl. A part of me likes the idea of not finding out for motivational reasons in labour, I had a horrendous labour first time round - I have a blood disorder which means I can't have pain relief - and unless a miracle occurs it will be the same for this labour  :'(  I remember being set against another child afterwards but here I am...haha
    I'm so sorry to hear about your father and father-in-law. That sounds like a lovely way of telling your mum and sister and how amazing that you got it on camera?! 

What??? No pain relief? At all? Gas and air...? Wow. You're a trooper coming back for more @MrsMinMarch2016 ; :open_mouth:

Mrs17 so glad all is okay! At least if you have any more bleeding now you know why. Isn't it so difficult wondering if everything is all right when you can't see or feel whats going on in there?

MrsMin no pain relief, that sounds horrible! Poor you.

I totally understand what you mean about some good news in a couple of bad years, but that's actually the reason I'm not telling my parents yet as they have also had two really hard years. I know I'm probably being paranoid but the last thing I'd want to lay on them is more bad news if something was to happen to the baby. I can totally understand how lovely its been for you to tell them though and I can't wait!

I've told only my sister as its nice to have her support and she was the only one who knew we were TTC. So far she's bought half my babies wardrobe and has scrounged a cot and a 'next to me cot' from her friends lol!! By the time baby comes I think she'll have my whole nursery sorted.

• Actually I was allowed gas & air but I couldn't handle it as made me so sick (I was also vomiting all the way through labour...just to top the experience off  :D)

Sorry I really hope I'm not scaring anyone!!!
    Glad all is well @Mrs17  🥰

So excited! Just had a letter with my booking appointment! Was originally for Thursday 15 August but hubby and I have the day after off for a long weekend away so we have rescheduled it to Friday 16 August at 8:30am 🙈. The appointment is around an hour long so made sense to move it as our boat isn’t until 5pm. 

Just need to to get through the next 3 weeks now! 5 weeks today and 8 week early scan is booked for 11 August. Just sick of all the waiting 🤦🏼‍♀️

Been a a bit worried recently due to a lack of symptoms so I’m really keen to check everything is ok specially as I have the flu. Was tempted to move my early scan forward but want to make sure we see the heartbeat and see a “baby shape” on the scan if that makes sense!
    Thank you all for the well wishes  <3 

Haha sounds like your sister is a great support @Sammykate

Wow again @MrsMinMarch2016. I wanted to take the gas and air home with me. 15 hour labour and I got through 1.5 canisters. I dont know what I'd have done without it. Fair play to you! 

What a lovely way to start your weekend away @Raksha92. Not long to go now. Where are you off? Oh no, I hope that clears soon for you. I always thought people only got flu in the winter (and now I feel naive!) 
    edited 19 July
    @mrs17 We are just going over to Jersey for the weekend. We have good friends there and its like a second home to us as we regularly compete over there. 

Annoyingly I didn't have the flu jab this year. I have mild asthma but for some reason I decided that it wasn't really benefiting me even though I hadn't had flu at any point. Since not having my flu jab, I've had it twice 🤦‍♀️ once in January which I got a temperature of 40. This time hasn't been as bad, my highest recorded temp was 38. It just doesn't help that I can only limited pills and potions 😂 will definitely be getting the flu jab when it becomes available this year!