Forum home Your planning threads

Town Centre Barn Wedding - Kent, August 2019

• MrsCToBeeMrsCToBee Posts: 2,957 New bride
    C told me last night that he's been listening to our wedding music playlist on Spotify and getting excited, which is really cute!
    edited July 2019
    Aaaaand I've just booked in my nail and brow appointments for the Friday before the wedding!

My to do list has gone from "eh, I'll do that at some point" to "how many things can I tick off today?"  😱😂😱😂

My seamstress is so clever! 🥰

Kid's activity packs and table plan completed tonight. Just about to put all the men's gifts in the bags 😀

• CoffeeDogAddictCoffeeDogAddict Posts: 1,473 New bride
    Those straps are fantastic! You cant tell any difference at all! 
    Love the table plan!! Hope its all going well :)
    @CoffeeDogAddict thanks, I'm so pleased with the straps! 
    The table plan was fine until I noticed I'd missed 2 people off one of the tables.....and one was C's nan 😱 Anyway I only made them on Canva and printed them via Photobox so easy enough to correct 😂
    edited July 2019
    Had my final dress fitting yesterday and so pleased with it! Now the straps are attached the panic over my arms has gone. I've actually lost a bit of weight too so it fits more comfortably. She's done a bustle too which I'm really pleased with. So now I have my dress at home all ready to go!

She now has C's suit and is doing his alterations.

We also went to the registry office yesterday and gave back our ceremony choices leaflet, so there's no changing our minds now.

My bridesmaids have been round today and we have sorted new dresses, they are wearing this Roman Originals multiway dress which they both said is really comfy - I'm so relieved that is sorted! They were also a bargain, reduced to £30 from £80. They are lovely quality jersey material and come with a bandeau top so they aren't too revealing.

They also had a go at putting me in my dress as none of us have ever dealt with corset backs before, or done the bustle, so it was needed 😂 But it was nice to have another try on and we all know what we are doing now!

• The bustle on your dress looks lovely! So glad it’s comfortable, I think that’s the most important thing really when it comes to wedding dresses!

Bathroom boxes and fans all boxed up!
  • MrsRendall2BMrsRendall2B Posts: 749 New bride
    Looking good!

Can I ask what you've put in your bathroom baskets? I was tempted then abandoned the idea but I figure I can get everything I'd need cheaply enough from home bargs so it's back on the table! 
    I wasn't going to do them, but so many people have mentioned they've liked them at weddings I thought I'd get a few cheap bits. I already had the boxes.

Men's:
    Plasters
    Antibacterial hand gel
    Hairspray
    Hair wax
    Deodorant/ body spray
    Safety pins
    Suncream
    Wipes
    Glasses wipes

Women's:
    Basically same as above plus
    Nail files
    Sanitary towels
    Panty liners
    Hand cream
    Hairbands

It's a combo of a few bits from Xmas gift sets we haven't used and a little spree around Poundland today. I decided against putting any tablets or medication in as we are having children at the wedding.
    Our venue sent our final invoice through tonight and it was £200 less than we thought it would be as they haven't charged us for the bank holiday minimum number of guests, which is very kind of them! I think because we are only 3 people under the minimum number anyway. Happy days, we seem to have been hemorrhaging money in the last few weeks so any savings are a bonus 😂
    The dress looks fab! Sounds like you've had a few wedding wins so congrats!! The bathroom baskets look great and are definitely making me rethink doing them too! 
    edited July 2019
    The dress looks fab! Sounds like you've had a few wedding wins so congrats!! The bathroom baskets look great and are definitely making me rethink doing them too! 
    Thanks @CoffeeDogAddict , I feel like I'm starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel now and the lists of things to do are actually going down. My mum popped round and shortened one of my flower girl's dresses which was a bit long last night and then I washed their dresses so they are all fresh for the day. Here they are with my son trying their outfits on at the weekend - don't they look cute!
    *pic deleted *
    The tulle skirt came and the whole outfit looked ridiculous so I really do give up this time!

And some of my relatives told me my welcome sign was crap and looked like a 5 year old had made it so I've ordered one off Vistaprint. I thought it looked OK but apparently not!
  • GinAndBlingGinAndBling Posts: 1,311 New bride
    Your dress looks fab. You might not want to change out of it! If I could’ve got away with it i would have worn mine the next day aha. 

Love the baskets, so handy to have. 

Haven’t seen your sign but how rude- were they offering to make it instead! People..

cant believe it’s 6 weeks! So exciting!
    Our planning thread: We're completely winging it.
    Our report: A fun, classic May day in navy and blush
    My weightloss thread: Diet denial! 
    I'm hoping I won't want to change!

I know my sign wasn't professional standard but pfffft, I liked it! I might still put it up somewhere just to annoy them 😂😂 Here's the new one!

I know, nearer 5 weeks now! C is off abroad for 8 days tomorrow so hoping to get alot of sorting done while he's gone! It's really just a case of boxing stuff up and getting the house tidied all ready for the big day now!
  • MrsOD19MrsOD19 Posts: 797 New bride
    How rude are some people? I would stick the original welcome sign right next to their table just to be annoying 😂

im sure you won’t want to change out of your dress, it looks so nice why would you?! 

The days are galloping by and I have no real concept of what I’ve got to do 🙈
    How rude are some people? I would stick the original welcome sign right next to their table just to be annoying 😂

im sure you won’t want to change out of your dress, it looks so nice why would you?! 

The days are galloping by and I have no real concept of what I’ve got to do 🙈
    Haha don't tempt me!

I'm just worried I'll be really hot in the evening, I'm one of those people who is always very warm and to be blunt, I'm a sweaty betty, and it's a heavy dress. I have relented and given it one last punt by ordering a pretty white cotton sundress from Monsoon, and if that's no good I truly will give up!

I have a to do list on my computer, I print it off once a week then at the end of that week I delete all the stuff I've done, add all the new things I've thought of and off I go again. It seems to be working.
    Spent 2 hours this afternoon having my hair colour sorted out for the wedding! I normally just dye it myself but thought I could justify going professional! 

I've pretty much finished writing my speech too, keeping it quite short but had a few things I wanted to say 😀
  • MrsOD19MrsOD19 Posts: 797 New bride
    Oooo lovely! What colour have you gone for? 

Oh fab! I’m doing a speech too, did you google some ideas or just do it all yourself? I think I’ll end up improvising most of mine 😂😂
    Oooo lovely! What colour have you gone for? 

Oh fab! I’m doing a speech too, did you google some ideas or just do it all yourself? I think I’ll end up improvising most of mine 😂😂
    Much like my usual but done better! Very fluffy hair though, I asked them not to do the blowdry as I was running late 😂

Mostly improvised, I did find @OmRum ' s speech in her report good inspo though!
  • Cecilia13Cecilia13 Posts: 512 New bride
    Hair looks great! :)

I'm supposed to be doing a speech too and I'm really struggling with what to say, especially how to start it off! Any advice?
    edited July 2019
    Cecilia13 said:
    Hair looks great! :)

I'm supposed to be doing a speech too and I'm really struggling with what to say, especially how to start it off! Any advice?
    I'm starting by mentioning a few anniversaries and birthdays which fall on our wedding weekend, then thank yous and a few words about my parents, bridesmaids, and saying thank you to new in laws for always being so welcoming.
    Then a few words about my fiance and our son, finishing up with a general thank you to all guests.

@Cecilia13 I'll inbox you a copy if you like - I don't know if it's any good but I've read it out loud and it takes 1 minute 45 seconds, so I guess 2 minutes with a couple of hecklers thrown in!
    The Monsoon dress is too tight and it's the biggest size it comes in - I accept defeat 😂

Oh and our wedding is FIVE WEEKS today.

#shiiiiiiitdontpaniceeeeeekkkkkk!
    Hair looks fab!!! Im not help with the speech im afraid, i daren't even think of things like that now haha. It sounds a good length though. 
  • Cecilia13Cecilia13 Posts: 512 New bride
    Eee 5 weeks! So exciting :)