Forum home Your planning threads

Town Centre Barn Wedding - Kent, August 2019

• MrsOD19MrsOD19 Posts: 894 New bride
    5 weeks yay!! It all feels so close now 😬😬😬😬 nerves are setting in hahhahahahhahaha HELP ME
    5 weeks yay!! It all feels so close now 😬😬😬😬 nerves are setting in hahhahahahhahaha HELP ME
  • MrsCToBeeMrsCToBee Posts: 2,957 New bride
    Holy shitballs I get married ONE MONTH TODAY 😱😱
    And things won't stop biting me 😭  Sod off mosquitoes!
  • It's so exciting to be so close!

I bought the strongest Jungle Formula repellent on holiday last month and I didn't get any more bites!
  • Cecilia13Cecilia13 Posts: 512 New bride
    Yes the jungle spray is the best! Max strength really works (I took it to the Gambia and didn't get bitten once and have been a big fan ever since because normally I get attacked non stop in the summer).
  • CoffeeDogAddictCoffeeDogAddict Posts: 1,516 New bride
    Wooo happy one month countdown!! Hope its all going well, and that the bugs leave you alone soon!
    Thanks ladies, have ordered some in my next food shop!

Well I bought the confetti from AdamApple on Black Friday last November and they promised delivery 1 month before the wedding. They were exceptionally true to their word as it arrived today, and it's beautiful 😀

• How much discount did you get on the black Friday sale if you don't mind me asking? I might order some this year if they do it again.
    How much discount did you get on the black Friday sale if you don't mind me asking? I might order some this year if they do it again.
    I just looked and I saved about £10, it was £30 instead of £40 for 4 litres plus shipping.
  • Thank you! ☺️
  • How exciting, and what lovely colours! I might also follow your lead and keep an eye out for sales over the autumn...
  • Cecilia13Cecilia13 Posts: 512 New bride
    Gorgeous 😍😍 makes me wish I was having confetti! I love the colours :)
    Thank you! ☺️
    No probs, I believe they do a 'Fiver Friday' type deal in general too.

I'm very into the idea of a good confetti shot, I've even made all my little confetti cones myself out of gold paper! Just got to work out how to get them all to stand up in the basket!
  • GinAndBlingGinAndBling Posts: 1,311 New bride
    Love your hair, and the confetti! 

Can't believe it is 5 weeks!
    Our planning thread: We're completely winging it.
    Our report: A fun, classic May day in navy and blush
    My weightloss thread: Diet denial! 
  • MrsCToBee said:
    Thank you! ☺️
    No probs, I believe they do a 'Fiver Friday' type deal in general too.

I'm very into the idea of a good confetti shot, I've even made all my little confetti cones myself out of gold paper! Just got to work out how to get them all to stand up in the basket!
    Yes I love confetti photos too, that's the only reason we're having it!

I love the sparkler send off photos too but I've already asked our photographer for some night time lights photos and know I won't want to waste loads of time doing photos at 10pm while everyone is partying!
    We've just paid the venue! I feel half relieved and happy that it's paid off now, and half sad as our savings account is now nearly empty when it used to have a lovely big fat number in 😱😭😂.

All we have left to pay now is the flower order when I place it in a couple of weeks, and the wedding car and MUA on the day - money is all put aside for that.

So we're done. And we've done it all ourselves. I feel quite proud, sad as that sounds!

We also went for lunch at our venue today, and bumped into the manager, so managed to ask him a few questions we were going to email about, and confirmed the location of a few things as he & his staff are doing the decorating. We did find out there is a wedding the day after ours which means we need to go and collect all our stuff by 12pm, which is fine but glad I asked!

One thing that is so lovely about getting married in a pub is that you can just pop in there whenever you want. The other week I couldn't remember how many windowsills there were in our ceremony room to do flower vases for so I just popped in and had a look, no appointment needed. And we'll be able to go there for meals on our anniversaries 😀
    Tomorrow's job is to box up all the decorations with lists of what is to go where.  We were meant to be away this weekend at a family BBQ but it was cancelled due to rain and rearranged for next weekend, so now I have to try and do all next weekend's jobs now. C is meant to be helping me and I don't think he has a clue how much stuff we actually have 😂 
    I will actually be so glad to get my house, and especially our bedroom and shed back after the wedding. Going to try to sell what we can of the decorations quickly on local FB selling sites, and whatever is left will go to a local wedding charity shop. Just going to keep a few key bits we can hang on the wall, like our Welcome sign. 

• Just catching up with your thread as I’ve been AWOL for aaaaaages. Your dress looks amazing! 

4 weeks - oh my god that’s gone so quick! How exciting. 
    So nice to see you back @CavalierBride, thank you!
  • MrsCToBee said:
    We've just paid the venue! I feel half relieved and happy that it's paid off now, and half sad as our savings account is now nearly empty when it used to have a lovely big fat number in 😱😭😂.

All we have left to pay now is the flower order when I place it in a couple of weeks, and the wedding car and MUA on the day - money is all put aside for that.

So we're done. And we've done it all ourselves. I feel quite proud, sad as that sounds!

I don't think it sounds sad at all! Weddings are expensive beasts (as well as stressful and logistical nightmares!) so I think its important to give yourself credit for doing it all!
    Thanks @CitytoCountry & @MrsW2020 !!

I found my evening dress! It's not white or ivory as I really wanted but still pretty I think, and matches our colours. You all knew I hadn't really stopped looking, didn't you 😂 

If I don't end up wearing it in the evening I can wear it on honeymoon, or to another wedding we are going to in September (is it too flash for a wedding guest??).

• Haha, it's too tempting when we can just look online whenever we fancy!
    It's a really lovely dress and definitely not too flashy for a wedding guest.
    That's a lovely dress! Really nice that you can wear again on anniversaries or for other events too. 
  • Well done- your perseverance paid off!  That really is a lovely dress for the evening.
    Thanks ladies! Got my undies also, though I won't be wearing them under my dress. I imagine we'll just pass out on our wedding night so I'll save them for the minimoon.

edited July 2019
    25 days to go....finished sorting all the gifts last night, wrapped them all nicely and put them in bags with personalised labels on - we had to buy 2 last minute gifts as we now have another reader and my brother is doing a speech instead of my dad.

Work is manic & very stressful, C is being useless, I'm not sleeping well (not helped by a toddler who gets up at the crack of dawn each day!)  and I'm trying very hard not to be stressed but I am failing miserably. Took my little boy for a haircut last weekend and the barber butchered it so his beautiful curls are all gone and now he'll have an uneven short back and sides in our pictures - I actually cried.

I really want to get the flower order done so it's out of the way but you can only order a week or so in advance. 

We have completely run out of room in our house, I really want to get everything out and get it sorted into boxes but we just don't have any more room to put anything, and we don't have anyone who we can ask to store stuff as they all either don't have space, or smoke or have pets.

I really thought I'd be excited but I actually just feel really empty, down and alone with it all. People keep making offers of help but then when you try to pin them down they don't really mean it. C has had precious little to do but he hasn't done any of it, he only ordered a shirt this week after me relentlessly nagging him for over a month, and most were out of stock in his size so I'm praying they fit when they arrive as we could only find 2 in his size. His only other jobs are to speak to the best men about them doing the music/GoPro and to send the reading to his friend and he's done none of it, and instead of helping me wants to go out with his mates AGAIN this weekend (he's been on 2 3-day stag weekends in the last month alone). We keep arguing as I'm stressed up to my eyeballs and he's doing his usual "so laidback he's horizontal, don't worry it will be alright" routine. He doesn't realise it's always alright because I get stuff done while he's sitting on his arse and procrastinating. Am rapidly going off the idea of marrying the lazy bastard.

I do suffer from mild anxiety and depression and the stress has just triggered it I think, I'm desperately downing St.John's Wort to try to cheer myself up. Sorry for the moan, I'll probably delete this later but it makes me feel better when I write things down.
    I'm so sorry you're having such a bad time of it all. It sounds like everything is going a bit belly up all at the same time, compounded by poor sleep really makes it just dire. I don't have anything in the way of advice but i'm thinking of you, and sending you lots of chilla vibes <3
    Oh no, I’m sorry you’re feeling so low-is there anyway your OH can stay and help you this weekend? Better still-he does the jobs and you have some downtime? I think weddings and planning things can have an effect on our minds and it’s easy to slip into feeling anxious, especially if you already suffer with it.  Maybe have some bone wedding time for you, go for a walk or have a nice bath and read a book and just unwind. I hope venting has made you feel a bit better x