Forum home Your planning threads

Town Centre Barn Wedding - Kent, August 2019

• MrsCToBeeMrsCToBee Posts: 2,957 New bride
    Tonight's job - assembling honeycomb lanterns and pom poms - the pom poms are more time consuming than you might think!

• CavalierBrideCavalierBride Posts: 353 New bride
    edited July 2019
    The evening dress is gorgeous and the pom-poms look fabulous! 

Im sorry you’re feeling low and sorry MrC is not being helpful. (I do think you’re giving me a vision of my future when you describe how he’s being - my one has got progressively less interested/useful as time has gone on and he wasn’t particularly so in the first place. He did make a huge fuss about how he would sort the honeymoon though, and was going on about Paris etc except guess what he didn’t so I ended up booking a uk week away and today he’s announced there’s a question mark over whether he can have the time off as he never got around to booking it. I told him that’s a shame but me and the dog are going either way so he best sort it or stay home I’m past caring). 

ANYWAY sorry to derail your thread with my own rant. I hope Mr C either doesn’t go out boozing or finds a way to keep it to a minimum and still manages to be helpful this weekend. I also hope you find some time for a little relaxation and pampering. I find listening to some guided meditations help with sleep and relaxation in general if that’s something you would try? I’ll see if I can find the link but if you google ‘glasgow Mental health guided meditation’ I think you should find the ones I really like - takes you to a mental health resources page and they’re either under ‘stress’ or ‘anxiety’. 
  • jjward2019jjward2019 Posts: 131 New bride
    MrsCToBee said:
    25 days to go....finished sorting all the gifts last night, wrapped them all nicely and put them in bags with personalised labels on - we had to buy 2 last minute gifts as we now have another reader and my brother is doing a speech instead of my dad.

Work is manic & very stressful, C is being useless, I'm not sleeping well (not helped by a toddler who gets up at the crack of dawn each day!)  and I'm trying very hard not to be stressed but I am failing miserably. Took my little boy for a haircut last weekend and the barber butchered it so his beautiful curls are all gone and now he'll have an uneven short back and sides in our pictures - I actually cried.

I really want to get the flower order done so it's out of the way but you can only order a week or so in advance. 

We have completely run out of room in our house, I really want to get everything out and get it sorted into boxes but we just don't have any more room to put anything, and we don't have anyone who we can ask to store stuff as they all either don't have space, or smoke or have pets.

I really thought I'd be excited but I actually just feel really empty, down and alone with it all. People keep making offers of help but then when you try to pin them down they don't really mean it. C has had precious little to do but he hasn't done any of it, he only ordered a shirt this week after me relentlessly nagging him for over a month, and most were out of stock in his size so I'm praying they fit when they arrive as we could only find 2 in his size. His only other jobs are to speak to the best men about them doing the music/GoPro and to send the reading to his friend and he's done none of it, and instead of helping me wants to go out with his mates AGAIN this weekend (he's been on 2 3-day stag weekends in the last month alone). We keep arguing as I'm stressed up to my eyeballs and he's doing his usual "so laidback he's horizontal, don't worry it will be alright" routine. He doesn't realise it's always alright because I get stuff done while he's sitting on his arse and procrastinating. Am rapidly going off the idea of marrying the lazy bastard.

I do suffer from mild anxiety and depression and the stress has just triggered it I think, I'm desperately downing St.John's Wort to try to cheer myself up. Sorry for the moan, I'll probably delete this later but it makes me feel better when I write things down.

I genuinely feel like you have taken my thoughts and written them down! This is completely me too at the moment so please don’t feel like you are alone! I hope things improve for you x 
    edited August 2019
    Thanks ladies - C has always been the most "mañana" person ever so I don't know why I thought this would be any different. Even his boss says his no 1 weakness is procrastination! I wouldn't mind so much but this is the wedding he wanted, not me!
    C did mutter something about him organising a couple of nights in Bruges @CavalierBride but nothing has come of it.

Sorry you're struggling too @jjward2019, hope you feel brighter soon x

Thanks @CoffeeDogAddict & @Blondiebride2019 😘

• MrsOD19MrsOD19 Posts: 797 New bride
    Woooooohoooooooo!!!!
  • CoffeeDogAddictCoffeeDogAddict Posts: 1,475 New bride
    edited August 2019
    Yassssss!! <3 super exciting!!
    edited August 2019
    Got a call from the wedding car guy this morning that started, "would you mind if you had a silver car instead of the black one you've booked?" - turns out he thought his flight back from his holiday landed in the morning until his wife kindly reminded him they actually land at 2pm, just as our ceremony begins! Anyway he has a friend who also does wedding cars with exactly the same car in silver so he has now passed our booking over to him so at least I don't need to make alternative arrangements.

C's outfit is sorted, at long last - excuse the mess!
    MrsW2020 said:
    He looks very smart! The suit looks like a great fit and I love the shoes!
    Thanks @MrsW2020 , my seamstress did a great job altering it, she's been a godsend!
    Found out last night our reader might not make the wedding due to visa issues - he lives in New York and needs to come back to renew his visa for various reasons, but his appt may be later than our wedding and he can't afford the trip twice obviously. Keeping our fingers crossed as he is one of C's best friends but we have a back up reader in mind to ask if he can't make it.
  • MrsA-NToBeMrsA-NToBe Posts: 206 New bride
    Just had a massive catch up... very much like your evening dress and definitely don't think its too snazzy if you did wear it as a wedding guest. The confetti is beautiful colours too. 
    Hope you're feeling a bit better about everything now, it'll all be worth it in the end, even if it doesn't feel like that currently. I can't believe how quickly time has crept up!
    Thanks @MrsA-NToBe , the first 2 years went slowly but the last 6 months have gone by in a flash!
    I am feeling a bit better thanks, just need some time at home to get organised!
    We've reached another weird lull - 3 weeks to go and apart from stuff that needs to be done the week of the wedding, we don't have anything left to do. So just trying to have a sort out and big clean up in the house and garden to minimise housework required closer to the time.
    @MrsW2020 it does, it's been so long coming it doesn't seem real! 35 years old, 9 years and a child together and a 2 1/2 year engagement so it's long overdue really 😂

I'm mainly looking forward to getting all the wedding stuff out of our house and getting the space back! We need to take everything out the shed this weekend as all the vases and hurricane lamps we bought aeons ago are stacked at the back behind piles of kid's toys 🙄

I just sneakily put my veil on so I can start feeling excited! Also feel anxious though as I get social anxiety in general, I'm much happier in small groups than big crowds and get stressed with it easily, just trying to remember these people are all our friends! 

o
    @MrsW2020 Yes thank you, feel less stressed now as we've pretty much done everything we can!

My parents don't have space either so we've had no choice but to keep it here. We are in a house but we don't have a garage and our loft is full of baby stuff so it's just everywhere, can't wait to see the back of it! I think after the wedding I'm just going to give the centrepieces to people, put one on my grandma's grave, and the rest of the stuff I'm going to just stick on a selling site and get rid ASAP, or give it to our local wedding charity shop. I cannot wait to get our bedroom back, it's looked like a warehouse for the last year :)

I might do a very short report but I won't put pics of other people up so photos will be limited. Most people who start long reports never finish them anyway, I've started reading so many reports on here that just end before the ceremony even begins!!
  • Oh I do hope you do a report @MrsCToBee I can’t wait to hear all about it! 
    The new series of Peaky Blinders starts at 9pm on our wedding day!!! Nightmare!!
  • OmRumOmRum Posts: 947 New bride
    MrsCToBee said:
    The new series of Peaky Blinders starts at 9pm on our wedding day!!! Nightmare!!
    Hahaha my wedding was the same night as the Strictly Come Dancing final and one of the guests was cheeky enough to ask if we'd have a tv at the reception! I said no, but everyone was expected to perform a dance for us to judge.

I didn't get to watch the final until after our minimoon. Somehow I managed not to find out who won for all that time.
  • This reminds me of all the weddings last year that suddenly had to contend with England in the semi finals of the world cup!

Thank goodness for iplayer for peaky blinders though!
    Haha, MIL would never forgive me if we got married during Strictly! It's her religion 😂
    Spent a good few hours today pulling all the wedding stuff out of it's various hiding places and boxing it up according to the area it's for, for the venue. C couldn't believe how much stuff we have once it was all out 😂

We will certainly have a lot more space once it's all gone! 
  • annipooannipoo Posts: 303 New bride
    @MrsCToBee I've just finished reading your planning thread - there was a lot to read and I did consider just waiting for a report thread but my son is refusing to sleep so that's helped me find the time to read it! 

I am absolutely in awe of you for how much DIY you've taken on with a small child. I'm going for the complete opposite approach. I love all of your DIY pieces, I'm just amazed you found the time. 

I love the little Zelda cake toppers you got, they're so subtle but a really sweet nod to C's geeky side. I also absolutely love your Gran's ring, it's so unusual and it's stunning. 

I laughed so much at parts of your thread, like when C was away and you decided to change your hair colour, at the sheer number of shoes and veils that you bought and especially at the guest that ordered bruschetta without tomatoes - surely that's just toast!! 

Weirdly me and h2b had discussed using the Jurassic Park theme as my entrance music. It is a lovely piece of music but I said we would need to get a glass of water to start shaking when I was on my way in.

It must be so exciting and terrifying now you're down to the last few weeks. I really hope everything goes smoothly on the day and you have the most amazing time! 
    Eeeek we are now so close that the weather forecast is available! And it looks good 🤞

annipoo said:
    @MrsCToBee I've just finished reading your planning thread - there was a lot to read and I did consider just waiting for a report thread but my son is refusing to sleep so that's helped me find the time to read it! 

I am absolutely in awe of you for how much DIY you've taken on with a small child. I'm going for the complete opposite approach. I love all of your DIY pieces, I'm just amazed you found the time. 

I love the little Zelda cake toppers you got, they're so subtle but a really sweet nod to C's geeky side. I also absolutely love your Gran's ring, it's so unusual and it's stunning. 

I laughed so much at parts of your thread, like when C was away and you decided to change your hair colour, at the sheer number of shoes and veils that you bought and especially at the guest that ordered bruschetta without tomatoes - surely that's just toast!! 

Weirdly me and h2b had discussed using the Jurassic Park theme as my entrance music. It is a lovely piece of music but I said we would need to get a glass of water to start shaking when I was on my way in.

It must be so exciting and terrifying now you're down to the last few weeks. I really hope everything goes smoothly on the day and you have the most amazing time! 
    Yep, I've been engaged for 2 1/2 years and waffling on here for the majority of that time!

Again, I only really did a bit of DIY because we've had so much time to do it in, I think if we had less time I would have just bought some of the stuff for convenience.

I actually only bought and kept one pair of shoes, the rest were all returned so I'm not buried under a pile of satin shoes, haha! The cheap eBay veils I gave to the local wedding charity shop and as they cost less than a tenner altogether I wasn't too sad to see them go. My stepsister is still insistent she wants bruschetta with no tomato, so I've just ordered her garlic bread 😉

I also asked OH if the Jurassic Park music was to warn of my impending arrival  😂

Yep, less than 2 weeks now, and I'm neither excited nor terrified, just pretty chilled actually....the wedding stuff is all done, I'm more just trying to get stuff all boxed up and get the house in a reasonable state now as it will be full of people all morning! Looking forward to 2 1/2 weeks off work more than anything 😂
  • That looks like an ideal forecast, and looks like the days around are looking quite similar so hopefully its not subject to too much change!
    Woohoo! Weather looks perfect! Not too hot and sunny ☀️ 

i hope it continues! I couldn’t bear it too hot, my dress is so heavy haha
    Yes I'm really happy with the weather forecast as I'm pathetic with heat, but we don't want rain as with our venue being small, the garden makes up about half of our evening space.

Off work today so have been and got my engagement ring re-plated - going to put it away now and wear my M&S cheapie stand in ring until the wedding.
    Not long to go!! I’m excited to hear about it all 

Just been looking at nail inspo - going to go for something like the pics above.