Forum home Your planning threads

Town Centre Barn Wedding - Kent, August 2019

• MrsCToBeeMrsCToBee Posts: 2,957 New bride
    @MrsW2020 it does, it's been so long coming it doesn't seem real! 35 years old, 9 years and a child together and a 2 1/2 year engagement so it's long overdue really 😂

I'm mainly looking forward to getting all the wedding stuff out of our house and getting the space back! We need to take everything out the shed this weekend as all the vases and hurricane lamps we bought aeons ago are stacked at the back behind piles of kid's toys 🙄

I just sneakily put my veil on so I can start feeling excited! Also feel anxious though as I get social anxiety in general, I'm much happier in small groups than big crowds and get stressed with it easily, just trying to remember these people are all our friends! 

o
  • MrsW2020MrsW2020 Posts: 279 New bride
    MrsCToBee said:
    @MrsW2020 it does, it's been so long coming it doesn't seem real! 35 years old, 9 years and a child together and a 2 1/2 year engagement so it's long overdue really 😂

I'm mainly looking forward to getting all the wedding stuff out of our house and getting the space back! We need to take everything out the shed this weekend as all the vases and hurricane lamps we bought aeons ago are stacked at the back behind piles of kid's toys 🙄

I just sneakily put my veil on so I can start feeling excited! Also feel anxious though as I get social anxiety in general, I'm much happier in small groups than big crowds and get stressed with it easily, just trying to remember these people are all our friends! 

o
    I'm sure it'll all be worth the wait! Are you feeling a bit less stressed about getting everything done in time now?

I'm dreading that side of things! We live in a tiny two bed flat and have no spare space at all so I don't know where everything will go. My mum lives 10 minutes away and has a spare bedroom so I might have to beg her nicely haha.

Your veil is so pretty!

Are you planning to do a report?
    @MrsW2020 Yes thank you, feel less stressed now as we've pretty much done everything we can!

My parents don't have space either so we've had no choice but to keep it here. We are in a house but we don't have a garage and our loft is full of baby stuff so it's just everywhere, can't wait to see the back of it! I think after the wedding I'm just going to give the centrepieces to people, put one on my grandma's grave, and the rest of the stuff I'm going to just stick on a selling site and get rid ASAP, or give it to our local wedding charity shop. I cannot wait to get our bedroom back, it's looked like a warehouse for the last year :)

I might do a very short report but I won't put pics of other people up so photos will be limited. Most people who start long reports never finish them anyway, I've started reading so many reports on here that just end before the ceremony even begins!!
  • Oh I do hope you do a report @MrsCToBee I can’t wait to hear all about it! 
    The new series of Peaky Blinders starts at 9pm on our wedding day!!! Nightmare!!
  • OmRumOmRum Posts: 940 New bride
    MrsCToBee said:
    The new series of Peaky Blinders starts at 9pm on our wedding day!!! Nightmare!!
    Hahaha my wedding was the same night as the Strictly Come Dancing final and one of the guests was cheeky enough to ask if we'd have a tv at the reception! I said no, but everyone was expected to perform a dance for us to judge.

I didn't get to watch the final until after our minimoon. Somehow I managed not to find out who won for all that time.
  • This reminds me of all the weddings last year that suddenly had to contend with England in the semi finals of the world cup!

Thank goodness for iplayer for peaky blinders though!
    Haha, MIL would never forgive me if we got married during Strictly! It's her religion 😂
    Spent a good few hours today pulling all the wedding stuff out of it's various hiding places and boxing it up according to the area it's for, for the venue. C couldn't believe how much stuff we have once it was all out 😂

We will certainly have a lot more space once it's all gone! 
  • annipooannipoo Posts: 265 New bride
    @MrsCToBee I've just finished reading your planning thread - there was a lot to read and I did consider just waiting for a report thread but my son is refusing to sleep so that's helped me find the time to read it! 

I am absolutely in awe of you for how much DIY you've taken on with a small child. I'm going for the complete opposite approach. I love all of your DIY pieces, I'm just amazed you found the time. 

I love the little Zelda cake toppers you got, they're so subtle but a really sweet nod to C's geeky side. I also absolutely love your Gran's ring, it's so unusual and it's stunning. 

I laughed so much at parts of your thread, like when C was away and you decided to change your hair colour, at the sheer number of shoes and veils that you bought and especially at the guest that ordered bruschetta without tomatoes - surely that's just toast!! 

Weirdly me and h2b had discussed using the Jurassic Park theme as my entrance music. It is a lovely piece of music but I said we would need to get a glass of water to start shaking when I was on my way in.

It must be so exciting and terrifying now you're down to the last few weeks. I really hope everything goes smoothly on the day and you have the most amazing time! 
    Eeeek we are now so close that the weather forecast is available! And it looks good 🤞

annipoo said:
    @MrsCToBee I've just finished reading your planning thread - there was a lot to read and I did consider just waiting for a report thread but my son is refusing to sleep so that's helped me find the time to read it! 

I am absolutely in awe of you for how much DIY you've taken on with a small child. I'm going for the complete opposite approach. I love all of your DIY pieces, I'm just amazed you found the time. 

I love the little Zelda cake toppers you got, they're so subtle but a really sweet nod to C's geeky side. I also absolutely love your Gran's ring, it's so unusual and it's stunning. 

I laughed so much at parts of your thread, like when C was away and you decided to change your hair colour, at the sheer number of shoes and veils that you bought and especially at the guest that ordered bruschetta without tomatoes - surely that's just toast!! 

Weirdly me and h2b had discussed using the Jurassic Park theme as my entrance music. It is a lovely piece of music but I said we would need to get a glass of water to start shaking when I was on my way in.

It must be so exciting and terrifying now you're down to the last few weeks. I really hope everything goes smoothly on the day and you have the most amazing time! 
    Yep, I've been engaged for 2 1/2 years and waffling on here for the majority of that time!

Again, I only really did a bit of DIY because we've had so much time to do it in, I think if we had less time I would have just bought some of the stuff for convenience.

I actually only bought and kept one pair of shoes, the rest were all returned so I'm not buried under a pile of satin shoes, haha! The cheap eBay veils I gave to the local wedding charity shop and as they cost less than a tenner altogether I wasn't too sad to see them go. My stepsister is still insistent she wants bruschetta with no tomato, so I've just ordered her garlic bread 😉

I also asked OH if the Jurassic Park music was to warn of my impending arrival  😂

Yep, less than 2 weeks now, and I'm neither excited nor terrified, just pretty chilled actually....the wedding stuff is all done, I'm more just trying to get stuff all boxed up and get the house in a reasonable state now as it will be full of people all morning! Looking forward to 2 1/2 weeks off work more than anything 😂
    MrsCToBee said:
    Eeeek we are now so close that the weather forecast is available! And it looks good 🤞

Looks perfect! Not too hot either ☺️
  • That looks like an ideal forecast, and looks like the days around are looking quite similar so hopefully its not subject to too much change!
  • MrsOD19MrsOD19 Posts: 696 New bride
    Woohoo! Weather looks perfect! Not too hot and sunny ☀️ 

i hope it continues! I couldn’t bear it too hot, my dress is so heavy haha
    Yes I'm really happy with the weather forecast as I'm pathetic with heat, but we don't want rain as with our venue being small, the garden makes up about half of our evening space.

Off work today so have been and got my engagement ring re-plated - going to put it away now and wear my M&S cheapie stand in ring until the wedding.
    Not long to go!! I’m excited to hear about it all 

Just been looking at nail inspo - going to go for something like the pics above.
  • Ooh I love the bottom right pic with the Essie bottle- that’s the sort of thing I’m thinking of going for!
    Oooo I like the top left! I’m having something similar on my toes I think- are you having shellac or extensions? 

• ooh theyre gorgeous! First one has to be my favourite
    I'm not very up on nail terms as I've literally had my nails done professionally once before about a decade ago but I'm either having acrylics or polygels according to my mum who knows about such things! My own nails are short and weak as I bit them for years so they don't grow long. Having them done the day before the wedding, can't do it sooner as I won't be able to do all the flowers without ruining them!

In other news, we are now in single figures - shiiiiit!!

Ooo how exciting! I personally prefer acrylics as they tend to last longer but they aren’t as forgiving if you catch it on something as it doesn’t bend with your nail.  Either way they’ll look FAB! 

9 days! Oh my gosh 😱😱😱😱🍾🍾🍾🍾
  • If you want them hard wearing acrylics is the way to go! Whatever you go for though please make sure you have them professionally removed, it can do so much damage if you try to do it at home. 

I'm getting so excited for you! I hope it all goes smoothly this week! 
  • BooshBoosh Posts: 35 New bride
    I agree Acrylics are the way to go - I have them on all the time. Agree with @CoffeeDogAddict make sure you have them removed professionally when you are ready. 
    So exciting you are in single figures now! 
    No help on whether to go for gels or acrylics as I’ve only had one manicure ever, but another vote for top right here! 
    Thanks ladies, I have no clue about these things and always feel really shy of asking in these places as it seems everyone else knows what is going on! I used to have a colleague I asked but she's left and been replaced by a burly bloke called Andrew 😂

Randomly the excitement has hit me today and I'm suddenly feeling quite giddy, I think it's hitting single digits, and also because we are getting our new car on Tuesday! Will be so much easier for transporting stuff to the venue as it's massive, and means when we go to Center Parcs with our mums we can all go in one car, as previously we've always had to take 2.
    Just been to M&S and stocked up on drinks for the wedding morning as they are all on offer - got Buck's Fizz/Mimosas, Peach Fizz and Kir Royale 😀
  • annipooannipoo Posts: 265 New bride
    This is so soon. I genuinely feel excited for you! :smile:
    OMG single figures! Good drink choices as well :smiley: