Forum home Your planning threads

Town Centre Barn Wedding - Kent, August 2019

• Ooh I love the bottom right pic with the Essie bottle- that’s the sort of thing I’m thinking of going for!
  • MrsOD19MrsOD19 Posts: 803 New bride
    Oooo I like the top left! I’m having something similar on my toes I think- are you having shellac or extensions? 

• ooh theyre gorgeous! First one has to be my favourite
  • MrsCToBeeMrsCToBee Posts: 2,957 New bride
    I'm not very up on nail terms as I've literally had my nails done professionally once before about a decade ago but I'm either having acrylics or polygels according to my mum who knows about such things! My own nails are short and weak as I bit them for years so they don't grow long. Having them done the day before the wedding, can't do it sooner as I won't be able to do all the flowers without ruining them!

In other news, we are now in single figures - shiiiiit!!

Ooo how exciting! I personally prefer acrylics as they tend to last longer but they aren’t as forgiving if you catch it on something as it doesn’t bend with your nail.  Either way they’ll look FAB! 

9 days! Oh my gosh 😱😱😱😱🍾🍾🍾🍾
  • If you want them hard wearing acrylics is the way to go! Whatever you go for though please make sure you have them professionally removed, it can do so much damage if you try to do it at home. 

I'm getting so excited for you! I hope it all goes smoothly this week! 
  • BooshBoosh Posts: 35 New bride
    I agree Acrylics are the way to go - I have them on all the time. Agree with @CoffeeDogAddict make sure you have them removed professionally when you are ready. 
    So exciting you are in single figures now! 
    Thanks ladies, I have no clue about these things and always feel really shy of asking in these places as it seems everyone else knows what is going on! I used to have a colleague I asked but she's left and been replaced by a burly bloke called Andrew 😂

Randomly the excitement has hit me today and I'm suddenly feeling quite giddy, I think it's hitting single digits, and also because we are getting our new car on Tuesday! Will be so much easier for transporting stuff to the venue as it's massive, and means when we go to Center Parcs with our mums we can all go in one car, as previously we've always had to take 2.
    Just been to M&S and stocked up on drinks for the wedding morning as they are all on offer - got Buck's Fizz/Mimosas, Peach Fizz and Kir Royale 😀
  • annipooannipoo Posts: 309 New bride
    This is so soon. I genuinely feel excited for you! :smile:
  • This is super exciting! xx
    Woohooooo! Thanks for the tip! I might have to pop down to M&S tomorrow 🥂🥂
    I ordered our flowers from Triangle Nursery last night! It's the only thing I've gone over budget on (by about £75) but it you've read my thread you will know that flowers are my 'thing', and I'd rather have a few too many than not enough and be desperately trying to buy the extra I need from supermarkets like when I did my brother's wedding.

Have ordered:
    Eucalyptus Cinerea

Rose Avalanche

Rose Peach Avalanche

Rose Miss Piggy

• Wow, great flower choices! They're so beautiful  :)
    Eryngium Orion Questar

Hypericum Coco Avanti

White Veronica

Freesia Double Peachy Queen

Freesia Ambassador Single

Lisianthus Rosita Green

Spray Rose Sweet Sara

Also going to try to get some locally grown dahlias 😀
    The colours of all the roses are gorgeous! 
    Oooo those roses are beautiful! Gorgeous choices 
  • Just caught up on everything, love the flowers especially!!

Another vote for acrylic nails, they'll look lovely! 

Hope everything goes smoothly for you, I feel excited for you having followed the updates for so long  :D

I'm sure you'll have the best day! 
    Thanks ladies, let's just hope arranging them goes OK 😂

Have done a few more jobs this weekend - had my haircut, made up all the pompoms and honeycomb lanterns, confirmed timings with suppliers and wedding party, arranged a big breakfast the next day with everyone who has travelled down, ironed all the shirts, ties and pocket squares, and cleaned the house!
    Sounds like a productive weekend. Do you have much still to do before Sunday or is it just the flowers? 
    It is mainly flowers now,  some final touches like putting the confetti in cones, and stuff like getting my eyebrows waxed and nails done on Saturday. 
    1 more day left at work 😀😀
  • You sound very organised - keeping my fingers crossed that these final few days are relatively stress free for you with the flower arranging and self-care!
    That's good, it sounds relatively stress-free - I wouldn't have a clue what to do with flowers but it sounds like you've got it nailed.
    Enjoy your last day at work! :smile:
    Left work yesterday...I've worked there for a decade, they didn't even get me a card and my manager didn't even come to  say goodbye/good luck! Everyone else has always got a card but there are hardly any women left and the men just don't think.

Anyway, that paled into insignificance and I felt like a moaning twat when I found out last night 2 friends won't now be attending as their son took his own life earlier this week. They are lovely people and I'm absolutely devastated for them. Put some things into perspective though.

It's now meant to be 27 on Sunday which is far too hot for me, but C is thrilled and I guess at least the room where we have our wedding breakfast has air con!

Triangle Nursery rang yesterday to say the flowers are coming tomorrow but none of the Oasis bases will be with me until Friday which is a pain, but I've asked them to ship them on an AM delivery. Bit annoying but hopefully they will come early so I can get on.

My MUA also contacted me to say she has shingles so I had to call round everyone to check they weren't pregnant which was a bit awkward!

Have also had a last minute change of guests (our friend in NY can't come, but my stepsister now can) so have emailed the venue to check I can swap them over, and re-ordered 2 inserts for the seating plan.

Today I need to go food shopping, to the post office, get the car cleaned, do some ironing and generally try to tidy up.

When the flowers come tomorrow we will be sacrificing the downstairs toilet to store it all and just using the upstairs bathroom for a few days as we just don't have space!! Plus it's the coolest room in the house.

My mum has just called to say she fell in the garden this morning and thinks she's pulled something, she can hardly walk and is panicking as she only has high heels for the wedding! She has a doctor's appt for this afternoon, hopefully she's ok!
  • BooshBoosh Posts: 35 New bride
    Oh that's rubbish that your work didn't even acknowledge you that sucks! So sorry for your friend who's son has passed away - it really does put things in to perspective doesn't it. 
    I hope it all comes together with the flowers for you - I'm sure it will and they will be stunning! 
    I hope you mum is ok too it might be a sprain and hopefully with some elevation and a cold compress it'll be fine for the weekend! 
    Not long now x
    @MrsCToBee oh I’m so sorry to hear about your friends son! That is beyond heartbreaking and you’re right, makes some worries seem so trivial doesn’t it.  What an awful thing. 

You seem to have had a rush of things come up-I hope your mum is okay, hopefully a bit of rest and ice and she’ll be much better soon!

not long for you! I feel there’s a big build up to the weddings in the next 10 days, quite a few in quick succession! Shall feel quite dull once they’re all over!
    Oh god, everything was going so smoothly and that's a lot of issues all at once.

You sound like an absolute machine so I'm sure the delay with the flower bases won't even phase you! Fingers crossed that everything is OK with your mum.

You have every right to be annoyed with your colleagues, especially if it's the done thing in your office to at least give a card. Hopefully they will have something waiting for you when you go back. 

I'm really sorry to hear about your friends' son. That's devastating news. 
  • I'm so sorry to hear about the last minute issues, i hope the flowers all arrive ok and your mums feeling better soon.

Your poor friends, its just incomprehensible.

Heres hoping things run smoothly for you now!