Forum home You & Your Baby

Due March/April 2020

• MrsGB2015MrsGB2015 Posts: 3,888 New bride
    @MrsCarnegie I bet hun :(  Maybe I should count my blessings that I don't have many symptoms yet! 

Although I cannot get rid of this horrible taste in my mouth no matter what I eat or drink... any tips anyone? 
    Married since June 2015
    TTC since August 2015
    Miracle Baby due April 2020

"The greater your storm, the brighter your rainbow"
  • mrsfbcmrsfbc Posts: 103 New bride
    I’ve found the only thing that helps that weird taste is having ice cold drinks, I’m obsessed with ice and remember being like that in my last pregnancy. 

I’m also only wanting plain carby food which is not helping at work because I’m usually always on weight watchers. So me sitting eating crackers and crisps and going out for lunch or eating pasta every day is quite suspicious!

@MrsCarnegie I am very up and down with toilet related matters and thought it was just me! That’s reassuring. It’s only 4 years since I was last pregnant but you forget so much! 
    @mrsfbc Thanks lovely - I will give it a go - I've had water all morning but its just blergh! 

Haha thats the same trouble for me, I lost weight to go through the IVF and now all I want is chips! Trying to play it off with ohh well diet starts tomorrow rubbish!! xx
    Married since June 2015
    TTC since August 2015

• SammykateSammykate Posts: 4,014 New bride

I had a plate of potato waffles for lunch, do I win lol. Honestly I need to do better as I've already put on loads of weight and you're not supposed to in the 1st trimester!

The only thing I really crave is orange juice so I'm drinking loads of that too, also not good for you.

• MrsCarnegieMrsCarnegie Posts: 516 New bride
    edited August 2019
    I was doing slimming world before I became pregnant so if my body says want something naughty (which is very few and far between), I still feel a bit guilty.

I did say to hubby last night that I wanted chicken chow main. I might see if we can get some later, though I'm sure after 3 mouthfuls I'll be saying "I'm full. I'm bloated. I feel nauseous."
  • mrsfbcmrsfbc Posts: 103 New bride
    Along with chips and pasta the other thing I’ve really wanted is super noodles. I haven’t eaten then since uni 16 years ago, I’ve had them twice and my god they were good! I have tried to get some fruit or vegetables in with my evening meals but during the day it’s beige food all the way. Only good thing is I’ve gone totally off sweet stuff, which is my usual downfall. 
    Ohh chips have been my thing! I love chips right now! 😋😋

im going to be the size of a house by the end of this pregnancy! 😂🙈
    Married since June 2015
    TTC since August 2015

• Hubby bought me chicken chow mein and I ate the plate ful. I really enjoyed it after feeling so rough today.

I just sniffed a bit of lemon, I'm not sure if it actually did anything, but I live in hope x 
  • @mrsfbc ur story about supernoodles is so crazy!! I too have had a mad craving for them despite not eating them since uni! They r now a weekly addition to our food shop, how weird!!

@Sammykate Omg if my husband had stole my last babybels divorce would definitely be on the cards 😂😂

@mrs17 sorry I can’t see any sign of a nub but I agree it looks girly to me!! But I’m definitely no expert

@omrum I wouldn’t worry about learning about the nub theory we too aren’t finding out the sex but it won’t stop me searching for a nub & having a cheeky guess, it’s so hard to know exactly what to look for I hardly ever get it right!!
    Ladies, I’m freaking out this morning.

I decided to use my last test and the line looks fainter 😞

I am worried now that something has gone wrong and wish I didn’t do it 😞😞

Married since June 2015
    TTC since August 2015

edited August 2019
    MrsGB I'm sorry honey- it doesn't necessarily mean anything but I know you'll be worried. Is that a FRER? You haven't had any bleeding or anything have you? How dark was the last one?
    I've seen people get really hung up on line progression but I know it doesn't necessarily mean much as your wee could just be more dilute.
    @Sammykate it’s a FR rapid result.

Ive confused myself with it though, Is my light line the test line or the control line?

Ive always though the test line was nearest the bit you pee on and the control the other but now I am so confused! 🙄🙄
    Married since June 2015
    TTC since August 2015

• @MrsGB2015 yes the test line is the one closest to the urine stick so don’t panic! U would expect the control one to be darker though so I understand ur confusion! I don’t know maybe cuz ur test line is so strong it used up more of the dye?!!!

Maybe it is twins if test line is so much darker than control 😬

Hav u thought about using the clearblue weeks indicators? I got 3 and left a few days between each so I got 1-2, 2-3 then 3+. Once I got the 3+ it really helped me relax.

• MrsHowgateMrsHowgate Posts: 1,430 New bride
    Looks like a dye pull @MrsGB2015. The line next to where you pee is the test line. It’s the control line which is lighter. Try not to worry. Dye pulls happen when HCG levels are too high for the test.
    @MrsMinMarch2016 thanks lovely! I got all panicked this morning!

i thought it was that way round and a strong positive but my brain went into crazy mode and I’ve cried and worried!

Others on insta have said it’s pulling the dye from the control line so I hope so!

Ive been out looking for tests this morning 🙄 and picked up some clear blue week indicators.

Do you think if I haven’t drunk anything yet this morning and hold my wee for 4 hours it will be enough or should I wait until tomorrow? Xx
    Married since June 2015
    TTC since August 2015

@MrsHowgate thanks hun! I’ve always thought it was that way round until this morning!

I never knew about the dye pull but this has made me feel a bit better xx
    Married since June 2015
    TTC since August 2015

• @MrsGB2015 I think ur line is so strong especially as it’s not even a first response u r definitely safe to do one today! 
  • MrsMannionMrsMannion Posts: 1,343 New bride
    I wouldn't worry, i was told it can be ur hormone levels and not to worry, 
  • MrsPope2018MrsPope2018 Posts: 1,369 New bride
    MrsGB with a line that strong I dont think you need to worry about holding your urine for too long anyway. I've never held mine for more than 2 hours and my line wasnt anywhere near that dark. 
    Oh I didn't even notice it was the control line that was faint and not the test line! Good spot ladies and I'm sure that's a good sign MrsGB. Hoping you feel better!

Imagine if it's twins!
    Thanks everyone! I feel a bit better now and a bit of an idiot for getting so confused!

The faintness threw me off and worried me that I had been an idiot all this time!

lets say baby brain already huh 🤣🤣
    Married since June 2015
    TTC since August 2015

• The test line is so strong @MrsGB2015 :) I can totally understand why you freaked out though. Very glad you've had your worries alleviated xxx 
    @MrsCarnegie thanks lovely! I can’t believe I am being so silly, just so scared of it going wrong. xx
    Married since June 2015
    TTC since August 2015

I’ve managed to get a first response one that’s clearer and it’s the same really strong one side.  Now I’ve got my head around it and understand just obviously just a strong positive but what a horrible morning!! 

Thanks ladies for all your help! Xx

Married since June 2015
    TTC since August 2015

Not silly at all, I didn't twig when you put the picture up as I've never seen a dye pull before! Baby brain is definitely legit and what I am blaming everything on at the moment lol. Bit of an emotional rollercoaster for you on a Friday morning!
    @Sammykate no I hadn’t heard of it hence my freak out! Now I understand and believe it’s a true positive I feel much happier xx
    Married since June 2015
    TTC since August 2015

• So glad you're feeling better @MrsGB2015

Ladies, I have booked an early scan for Sunday morning at 10.15 am. I feel I need some reassurance that all is well.

Each time I have a bowel movement and I wipe the front there is every such a slight tinge of pink. Can anyone tell me if this is normal?  
  • Morning Everyone

Welcome @MrsGB2015 lovely to have you with us!  Sorry you had a freak out with your pregnancy test, but the guys are all right, you've just got a very strong positive.  You can do a pregnancy test any time of the day, it's not like the OPK's where it needs to be your first wee of the day or a minimum of 4 hours between wees.

I'm totally with everyone on the carb cravings.  The only things that are really appealing to me at the moment are really simple carbs and for some reason chicken.  Seems like the worst thing I can do is let myself get too hungry.  Made that mistake in a meeting yesterday that didn't finish until about 12.15 and felt like I was going to actually vom by the end of it.

I completely caved to the chip craving yesterday and picked up fish and chips on the way home from work last night.  In my defence it was quarter to eight by the time I got in and I just couldn't face cooking.  Hubby only got in 10 minutes before me so he couldn't do anything either.

I had been losing weight with all the nausea but it looks like I've regained a pound of it this week.

• @mrscarnegie I haven't had any shows this pregnancy but did lose quite a bit of brown blood with my daughter, I asked the midwife about it who said it was normal and just my body getting rid of 'old blood' and not to worry unless I was having pains or the blood was bright red.

If I were you I would give my midwife a call for her advice.
  • OmRumOmRum Posts: 940 New bride
    MrsCarnegie, if it only happens when you have a bowel moment it could be a hemorrhoid or a rectal tear. If it's close to the front you might be catching it as you wipe. Tears can be caused by loose movements or overly vigorous wiping (which we often do if we've had loose stools!). Try not to worry about it too much - if it's not causing you pain it shouldn't be a problem, but of course talk to your doctor if you're concerned.

My afternoon is ridiculous. I'm so exhausted I'm falling asleep at my desk and had to sneak off to the toilet to have a quick nap. I hope the exhaustion goes away because I can't be doing this for the next seven months!