Due May/June 2020

I've had 3 BFPs now, getting darker each time, so time to be brave and start a due thread.

My EDD is 20th May and this is my second pregnancy - I have a two year old daughter.

I can't self-refer to the midwives here until I'm 6 weeks so I am twiddling my thumbs for the next couple of weeks (I am 3+6 today.)

Hopefully there'll be lots of people along to join me soon. 

• MrsGB2015MrsGB2015 Posts: 3,442 New bride
    Yay you made a thread!

Congrats again.

I will probably hang around here as I am presuming mine will be a May baby. 

Counting down the days until our viability scan now - 4 more sleeps! haha!! xx
    Married since June 2015
    TTC since August 2015

"The greater your storm, the brighter your rainbow"
  • Eeek only just saw ur news @Pf2016 as on holiday at the moment, congratulations!!!
  • MrsTwizbeMrsTwizbe Posts: 3,352 New bride
    @Pf2016 congratulations :) so exciting to see some more siblings on the way 
  • Pf2016Pf2016 Posts: 670 New bride
    Thank you @MrsTwizbe and @MrsMinMarch2016 ; :)

Not long now MrsGB!  What time is your scan on Friday?
    @Pf2016 - Its at 8am - so glad its early and I dont have to wait around all day!  :#
    Married since June 2015
    TTC since August 2015

• MrsNH17MrsNH17 Posts: 540 New bride
    edited 10 September
    Hi both! I’ll join you as recently found out I’m due early may. I’m a total lurker on the forums- used to be very active a couple of years ago planning my wedding (March 17) and was in the due jan 2018 thread with my first (she came Dec 17). 

Congratulations to you both - Mrs GB I’ve watched the broken thread for a long time and I’m delighted for you. 
    Welcome MrsNH! I was on the due Jan 2017 thread and remember when the 2018 thread was started, how weird it seemed! My daughter was early too, she was due end of Jan and born 2.5 weeks early. Will be interesting to see what happens this time. 
    @MrsNH17 Thanks lovely! Congratulations to you also xx
    Married since June 2015
    TTC since August 2015

I emailed my Pilates teacher last night to check if I can carry on with my class.  She's so lovely and said yes, carry on to 38 weeks and she can show me the necessary modifications at each trimester, as she's also trained in Ante-Natal pilates.  I was worried she would kick me out, it's a really big class so not a lot of opportunity for one-on-one help, and so many exercises involve crunches which I thought would be a no-no, so I'm really glad I can carry on.  I never find an exercise I want to do every week but this class is so relaxed and really mixed ability so I'd be gutted if I had to change.
  • DandelionBlueDandelionBlue Posts: 1,329 New bride
    edited 11 September
    Hi. I got my BFP and am hoping to join this thread in a couple of days because apparently I will be due on the 18th of May.
    I don't know if I feel quite ready to join in just yet. I am very aware that things can go wrong quickly at this early stage.
    But I wanted to know at what point I should contact my GP. This is my first. So I have no clue 

Oh. And great news that you can continue going to your class Pf2016
    edited 11 September
    Hi Dandelion and congrats. 

Your first booking in appointment should be pre 10 weeks - I can’t really remember when I had my first, I think around 8 weeks. I’ve booked this one in for when I’m about 8 weeks too. With my first I wasn’t sure when I was supposed to book in so rang the docs to ask and the receptionist was well versed in it all and worked it out. So maybe just give your docs a call. 

Pf2016 good news about your class! 
    Ours is an online form which says you must be 6 weeks or more to fill it in. So maybe take that as a benchmark. But you could just phone your GP and ask them, if it's too soon they'll be able to tell you when.
  • Thank you ladies. We are off to Northern Ireland today for five days, so I think I might wait until after our trip and then call my GP as you ladies suggested to find out what to do. I hope my little bean continues to stick.
    Have a lovely trip!  
    Morning ladies and welcome @DandelionBlue ;

Im glad you can still do your class @Pf2016 thats great :)

One more sleep until our viability scan ekkk!

I realised today marks a year since we had our chemical so I just want it to be over and done with, so I can see our little bubs tomorrow (hopefully) 

Hope everyone's ok today :) xxx
    Married since June 2015
    TTC since August 2015

How did you get on at your scan MrsGB?
    @Pf2016 It was amazing!!  Baby is measuring perfectly and we heard the heartbeat, so happy!! Lots of happy tears cried this morning!!

Here's our little button:

Married since June 2015
    TTC since August 2015

Oh so so happy for you MrsGB! This really is your time. So much love xx 
    @Pf2016 Thank you so much lovely :) xx
    Married since June 2015
    TTC since August 2015

• MrsLjCMrsLjC Posts: 1,202 New bride
    edited 13 September
    Been thinking of you today @MrsGB2015 I'm so pleased scan went well look at your wee baby! 😍 So very happy for you and hubby ♥ xx
    @MrsLjC - Thanks lovely :) very kind. We cant quite believe it so happy  <3
    Married since June 2015
    TTC since August 2015

edited 15 September
    Great news about the scan mrsGB - you can really start to enjoy it now! 

Have people told others they are expecting?My best friend knows and I’ll tell parents soon. I think I’m going to need to tell a couple of my friendship groups pre 12 weeks - I’ve got a hen do around 10 weeks with one group so it’ll be obvious why I’m not drinking! Then with my other close friendship group we had a boozy spa day planned and there’s not very much that keeps you out of a hot tub so easier to fess up! And I think I’ll have to change my planned treatments as it was all booked before I found out. I’m close with them all so I don’t mind saying anyway - they’ll be a bit surprised, but then so was I by this pregnancy so when I explain that it’ll make sense! (I have been basically harping on about how we’ll be looking forward to hen do and various wedding nights out etc as we’ve not been out out in ages hence the sudden no drinking would now be way too obvious - I don’t think they’d buy any antibiotics type chat!)
  • Oh what a wonderful picture MrsGB!! Massive congrats again. I can't imagine how relieved you must feel.

MrsNH We told my sister on the day I got my BFP. And we told my parents and one set of my grandparents two days ago on my Birthday. I also told a friend who is the only one I know personally my age who has been pregnant. And my husband told his best friend. In our opinion if things should go badly, we will need people to talk to anyway. And I rather they share in our joy than just any possible tears.
    Also with everything you described it sounds like your friends would get suspicious quite easily.

I am still really really nervous and scared that my pregnancy won't last. I tested in the morning on my birthday two days ago. And again this morning. And the lines are getting slightly stronger. But not by as much as I hoped they would. I also did a clearblue test this morning and it put me at 1-2 weeks. I am CD35 today, so I was really hoping to get a 2-3weeks.

I also keep getting very cold in the evening. So cold I need to sleep with a jumper. Which I find so odd.  I have had the odd weird taste in my mouth, some cramping and a stronger sense of smell.
    But I don't have sore boobs or nipples anymore. Or the nausea I experienced last weekend. In fact yesterday I didn't feel pregnant at all. 
    Since this morning though I have a really odd sensation in my uterus. It is not really cramps. It is more like someone is stabbing a stick in one specific point. But it is quite a dull pain.
    Anyway I am really anxious. I really hope my bean will stick.
  • DandelionBlueDandelionBlue Posts: 1,329 New bride
    edited 15 September
    Here is a picture of my original test

One from my birthday two days ago

And the one from this morning

Do you ladies see line progression?
  • MrsPope2018MrsPope2018 Posts: 1,051 New bride
    Dandelion I definitely see progression especially on the first response! My tests never really got much darker and I tested loads!!🤣 if it's any reassurance I also didnt feel pregnant at all until around 8/9 weeks. I was waiting for the exhaustion etc that everyone talks about but never got it. And now my sickness has gone since about 16 weeks I've gone back to not feeling pregnant! Hopefully it just means we are going to have a fairly straight forward pregnancy 😊🤞
    edited 15 September
    Dandelion I see definite line progression - the most recent are a lot darker. Do you intend to book an early reassurance scan or anything? That could be something to consider although I think it might only be reliable from the 7 week onward mark if you think it would help put you at ease (you can get them privately. I paid for one in a mothercare with my first, was quite expensive maybe about £70. But now there’s a place really near me that does it for £30!)

also if it helps I never had any symptoms in my first pregnancy and I’m not having any in this one - the biggest one I had with both was simply needing a wee more often and being more tired! First time I was a bit worried as it meant I didn’t feel pregnant at all, but this time round I’m relaxed because it also meant no nausea or sickness etc and a very straightforward pregnancy and I’ll take that. I did have a bit of cramping the other week too, but I’m pretty sure that’s quite normal in the early days whilst everything is bedding in so to speak so try not to worry too much. I know that is hard though  xxx
    edited 16 September
    I have told one friend, she does Pilates with me and it was really obvious when my teacher kept coming over to show me modifications in our class on Thursday so she pretty much guessed. She knew we were TTC anyway. I went for some drinks Saturday night with another friend and said I wasn't drinking, she also definitely knew but was v tactful and didn't mention it. I'm quite relaxed about telling people, I am a massive over sharer anyway so would tell people if I lost a baby. But I won't go out of my way to announce until we've had the 12 week scan. One of my best friends has been TTC for about 16 months now, she knows we were and told me to tell her straight away when I got pregnant. So I really need to but I'm quite nervous to do it because I know she'll have very mixed feelings about it. I might phone her later as I know her husband will be around so she won't be alone if she needs a hug.

Dandelion, feeling cold is one of the symptoms I get! I remembered it from last time and ok definitely feeling it now in the evening. Also passing out on the sofa every evening. Your line progression looks great to me. I think those clear blue digis are notorious for being slow to get to 2-3 weeks, that's also post conception not since CD1 so I wouldn't worry about that. 
  • Thank you MrsPope for the reassuring words and confirming you can see line progression.

I hope you are right MrsPope and that I will have a fairly straightforward pregnancy like you. Have started reading through all the due threads and catching up on your journey. I couldn't always face reading them whilst we were still ttc. Although I did pop in once in a while.

MrsNH17 We are definitely considering an early scan. I keep getting anxious about blighted ovums, missed miscarriages and molar pregnancies. So I think an early scan would really help with my anxiety. I will look into it this week.
    You only get your first scan with the NHS at 12 weeks right?
    I have read quite a fee times that some cramping at the start is normal. As long as it isn't really intense. So fingers crossed that this pregnancy will be as symptom free for you as your last one.

Haha Pf2016 I bet your friend would have bern confused about the Pilates teacher paying you extra attention, if you hadn't told her.
    I am also an over sharer. Do you parents know?
    It is a difficult one with your friend who is ttc and struggling. I do think part of her will be upset even if she is really happy for you. It's more of a sorrow for herself. But I think it would be much more painful.for her to find out you kept it secret from her.
    I am so glad you also get the shivers in the evening. I was worried it might indicate a problem.with my thyroid. But I have been doing some research and it seems  to be fairly common, if not typically talked about.
    I am thinking we conceived later than I originally thought and that I am still in week 4. But I plan to test again with a digital next week.

We returned from our trip today. I set the alarm off on the scanner at the airport and they wanted me to go through one of those modern ones. But I heard they can be bad for bean. So I told the lady I was pregnant and she gave me a pat down. 
    I called my GP this morning. And they told me that I had to self-refer to the midwives. So I did that straight after. Apparently I will hear back within the next two weeks. Seems such a long wait lol.
    We then arrived home, to find my mum sent me a lovely book on pregnancy by Lennart Nilsson. And one for my husband on going through pregnancy as a man. Lol
  • My koi half breed died this morning. I had him for 7 years.
    Most people won't understand the pain I am going through right. Because to most people it is just a fish. But to me it is like someone killed my dog. Except that I should have changed his water last night. So it is my fault. I killed him. The guilt and sorrow hurts so bad. 
    I had a panick attack this morning. And I know it isn't good for the baby. But I couldn't help it. And it keeps bubbling up. I don't know how to calm myself down. I can't lose my baby too 

Oh I'm sorry Dandelion.  Don't beat yourself up, it's not your fault - the water can't have made that much difference only being 12 hours late in a change.  I'm sorry you've lost your pet though.  It doesn't matter what the animal is, it's still a loss.  

Your baby isn't sharing your blood stream yet so they're blissfully unaware of all the stress hormones floating around.  I have been mega stressed worrying about how my pregnancy will affect my work.  Baby is none the wiser and neither is yours!

Take some deep breaths.  There is literally nothing you can do to control whether this pregnancy works out or not.  It's out of your hands.  Take each day as it comes...it won't be long until you can get an early scan and that will at least give you some idea of how it's going.  In the meantime... focus on your job, take lots of walks, baths, breath and try not to dwell on it too much.