Safari Wedding June 2020

Hi everyone. I am new to this whole forum thing. (I'm not even sure that i've put this in the right place). I am getting married on June the 12th 2020. Me and my FH have been together for 8 years. We've had the most testing 8 years of our lives and am so excited to finally have a something to look forward to.

A Little About Us
My FH and I met when I was on a night out. He asked me for my number and to go on a date with him for two years. I just wasn't ready for a relationship and definitely wasn't the right time for me. I was too busy enjoying my life and his age put me off. My FH is 14 years older than me and I wasn't into that. After two years of him consistently trying to date me I finally said yes. My theory was that if I went on a date with him, just the once, he would give up. 

Instead, he blew me away and I fell in love and never looked back. One year later and I became pregnant with our first child. This was not planned, but as you will see in a while, I am a great believer of everything happens for a reason. 

Whilst I was pregnant FH proposed whilst we were in Germany on holiday. We had the venue and date planned and were due to get married 2015. Everything was set. However, one month after our little boys first birthday, I became extremely unwell. I got an extremely rare disease called Good Pastures (and there's nothing good about it). For three weeks i couldn't eat, couldn't stay awake and ended up not being able to keep water down. After seven trips to my doctor, I took myself to A&E and told them to check me. My bloods came back with my body riddled with anti-bodies and they had attacked both of my kidneys. I had only 4% kidney function and had i left it a week longer, i wouldn't be here now.

I spent three weeks in hospital, having plasma exchange and started dialysis. I had four seizures, went into cardiac arrest three times and had to be brought back to life three times. I was released from hospital on the 7th September 2014 and was so happy to be home. I then went on to do dialysis three times a week for one and a half years and had a kidney transplant January 27th 2016. 

I am extremely lucky to be alive. I cancelled the wedding and made a packed with myself that if I wanted the wedding of my dreams then I am going to HAVE to get better. So here I am. Planning a new wedding.

We changed the theme, venue, guest list, everything. I wanted to organise this one completely differently. And I am having the best time doing it!!

Venue
We are getting married at Port Lympne Mansion and Reserve!!! I hate being the same, and i love to do things differently and this venue was my perfect opportunity. This place has the most amazing views!!! And when doing your vows you can hear the gorillas playing and the lions roaring.

The entertainment in the evening is an hour safari for us and all our guests. We have been warned that, on the safari, it may be a little longer than an hour depending on whether or not Rose the Rhino plays up or not :) 
Future Mrs Krasniqi

• Venue Pictures and Fate
    So when I was looking for venues, I actually didn't even wan to go and look at this venue but my other half suggested it. When I turned up I just fell in love. The staff were fabulous, and even though it was winter and the flowers weren't out I just knew that it was fabulous. I felt an immediate connection with it. Two months later we took my mum and dad to view it and pay our deposit and my mum mentioned something.... "Your grandad used to supply Port Lympne with the bread and cakes (my grandad owned a bakery) and used to get us tickets to bring you and your brother here when you were little." I did not know this and found it moving. My grandad is no longer here. He died six months before i became unwell. I was extremely close to my grandad and since booking this venue he has been around me in more ways than i can explain. I never fully understood it whne people said that they knew family that had passed were close by, but I get it now. He was there at my venue, when i booked my cake, when i went to my first ever dress appointment and when the harpist I wanted wasn't available.

Image result for port lympne wedding

Image result for port lympne wedding giraffe
    Future Mrs Krasniqi
  • Oh wow that is an incredible venue!! Sounds like its going to be phenomenal! 

So sorry to hear about all that you had to go through, but i hope you're feeling better, and i cant wait to read about more of your day! 
  • Oh wow that is an incredible venue!! Sounds like its going to be phenomenal! 

So sorry to hear about all that you had to go through, but i hope you're feeling better, and i cant wait to read about more of your day! 
    Thank you so much. I'm ridiculously grateful for all things now. 

I love reading your thread by the way. I managed to catch up on it in my lunchbreak and it's amazing 
    Future Mrs Krasniqi
  • MrsCToBeeMrsCToBee Posts: 2,942 New bride
    Sounds amazing - I live in Kent and we love Port Lympne, my dad adores primates and he takes a packed lunch and just sits and watches the gorillas for hours, it's his happy place.
  • This is so exciting, we're getting married here in September 2020! Looking forward to reading about your plans and I'm so glad you're feeling a lot better now. 
  • MrsCToBee said:
    Sounds amazing - I live in Kent and we love Port Lympne, my dad adores primates and he takes a packed lunch and just sits and watches the gorillas for hours, it's his happy place.
    Me too I love them. My other halves friend works with the gorillas at Howletts and has done for 20+ years. He speaks gorilla and it’s amazing to see him interact with them. I totally understand where your dad is coming from 
    Future Mrs Krasniqi
  • This is so exciting, we're getting married here in September 2020! Looking forward to reading about your plans and I'm so glad you're feeling a lot better now. 
    Oh how exciting. Perhaps we can help each other with planning. Are you staying there the night before the wedding? I’m so OCD about things that the only reason I’m staying is so I can be there in the morning when all the suppliers start turning up to decorate 😂 
    Future Mrs Krasniqi
  • The Ring 

Future Mrs Krasniqi
    Oh how exciting. Perhaps we can help each other with planning. Are you staying there the night before the wedding? I’m so OCD about things that the only reason I’m staying is so I can be there in the morning when all the suppliers start turning up to decorate 😂 
    Yes we are, but mostly because I live quite far away and don't want to travel the morning of! Plus my other half is from up North so all his family will be staying and I think it will be fun. It's so nice to see someone at the same venue and I'm sure we'll be able to help each other! 
  • Hi ckgeorge1991, the description of the venue is just awesome, and the idea of such a unique wedding ceremony is outstanding. I would like to thank you for the phots as they give the spirit of what is happening. Oh, so charming, and the ring almost made me cry. I remembered when my husband proposed me 5 years ago on a Safari tour in Tanzania. It was so romantic and the other tourists cried when he was saying these words...It was so unexpected, the assistant from our Altezza agency - https://en.altezza.travel brought a bottle of champagne...I dream of coming back there once again. Maybe when our kid gets older a bit (he is only 2 now) we will return there. Thank you again that you arose these sweet memories at the bottom of our hearts.