Forum home Newlyweds

Pink & Brown

Hi I have finally decided to have pink & brown as my colours...I want the bridesmaids in pink maybe with a brown sash or something and the men in brown with pink cravats etc...I was wodnering if anyone has any pics or anything of something similar to this to give me a few more ideas for cakes, decor etc!!

Thanks xxxx

• Does anyone know anyone who had this colour???...or have any pics of anything similar??

Im desperate to see if it works well or not!!! thanks xxx
  • Hello Louiseamy,

I had a brown, cream and blush pink theme - although my BMs ended up in sage green as they looked so nice and it went with the theme well.

If you want to view all my photos go to www.shootmywedding.co.uk, then click on client gallery and choose Victoria & Jordan from the menu. If you want to know where I got anything from feel free to use the email button or post on here!

Here are some photos from my day - hope they help...

[imgfile:///Users/victoriarol/VICTORIA%20JOBS/vic/wedding/OUR%20WEDDING/WEDDING%20PIX/shootmywedding_web/ZP8F8791.JPG]

http://file:///Users/victoriarol/VICTORIA%20JOBS/vic/wedding/OUR%20WEDDING/WEDDING%20PIX/shootmywedding_web/ZP8F8958.JPG

• Hello Louiseamy,

I had a brown, cream and blush pink theme - although my BMs ended up in sage green as they looked so nice and it went with the theme well.

If you want to view all my photos go to www.shootmywedding.co.uk, then click on client gallery and choose Victoria & Jordan from the menu. If you want to know where I got anything from feel free to use the email button or post on here!

Here are some photos from my day - hope they help...

http://file:///Users/victoriarol/VICTORIA%20JOBS/vic/wedding/OUR%20WEDDING/WEDDING%20PIX/shootmywedding_web/ZP8F8791.JPG

http://file:///Users/victoriarol/VICTORIA%20JOBS/vic/wedding/OUR%20WEDDING/WEDDING%20PIX/shootmywedding_web/ZP8F8958.JPG

• NurseColNurseCol Posts: 1,434
    Hi Thinkpink!

I'm also having chocolate brown and pink as my colours, any ideas you have i.e. where is that amazing cake from?! would be appreciated!

Your wedding looked gorgeous and you looked stunningx
  • Brown suits: www.formallyyours.co.uk

£75 per outfit, which was by far the cheapest I could find, plus they directly deliver and collect to/from you.

Cake: www.rainbowsugarcraft.co.uk

They were fantastic and made this cake from the ideas I had in my head, it was perfect and we served the cups willed with chocolate mousse as dessert.

Brown pull bows: http://stores.ebay.co.uk/ONE-STOP-WEDDING-SHOP

Pink dried rose buds for tables: http://stores.ebay.co.uk/eko-kraft

Bouquets: ivory and pink roses for me and hydrangea heads with cream and pink roses for BMS (shown in pots on window sill in photos)

Stationery: by me

Table decorations: from Laura Ashley (rose candlesticks) and Debenhams (large rose candle)

Can't think of anything else at the moment... thank you for the lovely comments! Wish I could have the day all over again, but not the planning image

• ahh bless you are soo sweet thanks so much this is really helpful! cant wait to show my other half you husband suit i think he will be very pleased!!!! xxx
    Thank you Thinkpink, going to show my h2b photos too!

Louiseamy, if you have any ideas let me know and I will do vice versa!x

• Im loving the pics and ideas i have seen so far ...would love to see more if anyone has any!! I feel really happy now that i have chosen the right colours for me!! xx
  • Im loving the pics and ideas i have seen so far ...would love to see more if anyone has any!! I feel really happy now that i have chosen the right colours for me!! xx
  • Hiya

I had a pink, brown and ivory theme at my wedding and my cake was made by my stepmother and was a copy of this one by Maisie Fantaisie:-

My invitations were by Made by Millie and Me and I can't upload the picture but if you go onto www.millieandme.net we had the Bardot design.

• kate342kate342 Posts: 3,358
    Wow, I love that cake.

Happy G had a pink and brown theme and it looked amazing too, I'll point her in the direction of this thread and get ehr to post some pics ;\)

xx
  • Hey Lil C

I managed to find this al on my own - Yay !!!

Here's some pics - I hope it works

[Modified by: HappyG on September 09, 2007 12:20 PM]

• i have posted pics of tables, cake, flowers etc but if there is anything else you want to see - just post on here or e-mail

I dont have any pics of my bridesmaids full length just now - but will try and dig one out - they were T Length dresses

Leah x
  • Oh Wow that all looks fab! I love it especially the cake and invites!! great choice! i cant wait now im soo excited to see how well it works!!!!!!
  • Oh Wow that all looks fab! I love it especially the cake and invites!! great choice! i cant wait now im soo excited to see how well it works!!!!!!
  • HappyG - thanks so much for inspiring me!

You have great taste & it all looks so well co-ordinated. I only hope I can do as good a job! Well done.

Can I ask where you got your stunning BM dresses from please? I was thinking of going for a lighter brown like a cappuccino colour as it's a June (09) wedding but having seen how good your BMs look, I may choose darker ones after all. Is the colour espresso?

Thanks!

• Happyg22Happyg22 Posts: 872
    Hi Carrie

Thanks for your comments - I loved the colour scheme too - It was my H2b or i should say husband that came up with it as he wears brown al the time and really suits it.

My bridesmaid dresses were from dessy - and they were espresso - i then made a band out of pink ribbon and a bow then sewed the two together - sewed a piece of velcro at each end to attach on the day

I think chocolate brown suits most skin colours and hair colours

It was this style - http://www.dessy.com/dresses/bridesmaid/2002/#FabricList=46&LineList=4&attributeMask=1&catid=1&displaytype=GridMedium&activePage=1&rpp=9&SortOrder=BridesmaidLineDefault

If you need anything else just e-mail or post on here

Leah xxx

PS My wedding was in May and people thought brown was a more autumnal colour but everyone loved it on the day
    HappyG, where did you get your centre pieces from, they are gorgeous!

Loving everything, any tips much appreciated! x
  • Happyg22Happyg22 Posts: 872
    Hi Corkysgirl

The centre pieces are fresh flowers - my florist did them for me - they are small metal pink buckets filled with soil and then topped with moss - then there is a stick down the middle with ribbon criss-crossed on it and then an oasis ball with hydrangea's all over it

Thats the main reason i went with my florist as i had a clear vision of pink hydrangea mini tree's - like topiary - and when i explained it - she knew exactly what i was talking about and it turned out perfect.

If you are based in Scotland i can give you her details

Again with the cake i knew what i wanted and went with the cake maker who didn't screw their face up as if to say what are you talking about

I made the invites and table plan myself

If you need a hand with anything give me a shout

Leah xxx