Forum home Receptions

wedding song

• sjn82sjn82 Posts: 55
    We don't really have a song as such. But when we were younger we had a big bust up and split up for a good few months then got back together just as Shania Twain brought out her song "You're still the one". Which when we actually took time to sit and listen to the lyrics it has reminded of us ever since so we just decided to go for that.

As far as music for the church goes weI've got a few ideas now. We managed to find a website that lets you listen to each piece of music. We found it really helpful.

www.webwedding.co.uk
  • AlisonPukAlisonPuk Posts: 259
    If you can't pick a song and can't dance go for the north of Scotland approach and have a wedding march - the newly weds march round the hall then on the second round are joined by the groomsmen and bridesmaids, next time the parents join in til everyone is marching round the room!
  • Does anyone know Fern Kinney - Together we are Beautiful - it is ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS. I don't think my H2B likes it much, so we're having come what may from moulin rouge, but, it'll be on at some point during the night, trust me!
  • Hello there! We are having 'Everything I do' sung by Brandy - I love the Bryan Adams version and have ADORED the song forever, h2b doesn't like his version, but we found the Brandy version, and it is perfect!!
  • sally252uksally252uk Posts: 801
    Our first dance song is the only thing we have organised, our wedding isn't until late next year, it will be Aerosmith's Don't want to miss a thing, which is really special to us (and I'll try not to think about the lovely, tho not as lovely as H2B, Ben Affleck!).
  • michharvmichharv Posts: 23
    My H2B is also not a fan of what he calls 'slushy crap' and is trying to tell me we won't have a first dance .... not one to be put off though, I am thinking of lining up 'If I ain't got you' by Alicia Keys. I absolutely LOVE that song! 'God only knows' by the Beach Boys was my second choice but you've all got such great suggestions I might change my mind again. Whatever I pick, it will have to be short and sweet in an attempt to coax him onto the dancefloor!
  • joannaandyjoannaandy Posts: 175
    Our first song will be Lionel Ritchie " Stuck On you" ... x
  • jensin9jensin9 Posts: 16
    me and my h2b are having Al Green's Lets Stay Together as that was the song he played in the background when he proposed, very romantic!
  • debbie_wdebbie_w Posts: 229
    I think that we are going to go for 'If I Ain't Got You' Alicia Keys, although may change my mind.

• KirstyGukKirstyGuk Posts: 27
    We are having Jack Johnson - it's better when were together perfect words

• yvonnepyvonnep Posts: 9
    We are having " I've had the time of my life" from Dirty Dancing

It's the first song we danced to and the lyrics are not bad either!!
  • emzlouukemzlouuk Posts: 57
    Bit soppy but we are having 'Way You Look Tonight' - seen Father of the Bride far too many times than I should really admit to - but I guess if you can't be over the top romantic on your wedding day when can you be! Having trouble deciding what to dance with my dad to though - need something fairly classic.
  • amylukamyluk Posts: 714
    hi, we have discussed a few - we did talk about it started with a kiss, as it did but we dont think appropriate. we are having brian adams when you love someone.
  • hallorachallorac Posts: 13
    Hi i'm new to this. Getting married August next year. Been having a dilemma about music too. H2B wants a John Lennon song called just starting over but it is too upbeat for me, not sure how we would dance to this. We have finally decided on an Elvis song called Until its time for you to go. Thew words make me cry every time I hear it. Also love that Jack Johnson were better when we're together. Good luck everyone.:\)
  • zacharyukzacharyuk Posts: 8
    Truely, madly, deeply by savage garden, very appropriate, a nice foxtrot too image
  • leitialeitia Posts: 9
    our first dance song is going to be looks like we made it by shania twain

i am renewing my wedding vows i married my husband 4 weeks after i met him and at our reception people were taking bets as to how long we would last as our track record wasnt great before jason my longest relationship was 3 months and being only 18 as well my family thought it was just a phase but 7 years on we are still very much in love and we have 3 beautiful children the words "looks like we made it look how far we`ve come my baby might have took the long way i knew we would get there someday they said i bet they never make it but just look at us holding on still together still holding strong" we both feel that its the perfect song for us image

• We don't really have an "Our song" well not one that we can dance to.. so I've picked

Our first dance song as - "A Whole New World" by Peabo Bryson and Regina Belle. I know Jordan and Petre Andre recorded their own version. But I love Peabo Brysons.

What do you think? x

• debbie_wdebbie_w Posts: 229
    We have changed our minds, other half wasn't sure on the original of Alicia Keys.

Last night we found a song we both loved...we're now going for Stevie wonder's 'For only in may Life'...it's perfect image

Debs
  • -Samiana--Samiana- Posts: 69
    We're having quando, quando, quando by Michael Buble & Nelly Furtado. Other half is going to choreograph as it's a rumba - I'm very excited, can't wait to see the looks on everyone's faces!
  • hiyaUKhiyaUK Posts: 37
    My H2B and I have still not decided on a song. He says he's thought of a few ideas, but he won't tell me what they are! :\?
  • benderlochbenderloch Posts: 18
    Thought long and hard about this one but finally choose "Unchained Melody" U2's version and "For once in my Life" by Stevie Wonder and then last song of the night is "All you need is Love" by The Beatles.
  • rtaylormagdrtaylormagd Posts: 102
    Can anyone think of a first song which is also a waltz? I want to learn the walktz for our first dance. The only one i can think of Norah Jones' Come Away with Me, which is lively but a bit too slow. Any suggestions?
  • esskevanesskevan Posts: 1,033
    HI all,

Our first dance will be to Al Green's "Lets stay togerther". I say "dance" but we may need lessons first!!

xx
  • nicandleenicandlee Posts: 1,743
    I think we're having roberta flack"tonight i celebrate my love" the words are really nice
  • molonsmolons Posts: 315
    Well guys I'm stumped like a lot of you, we did decide to start with a song by Damien Rice - Blowers Daughter, it is such a beautiful song, but when you read the lyrics they just don;t seem appropriate for a 1st dance song, plus I think its a bit too slow to dance too but my H2B thought the opposite arrgghhh............................. If this is any help at all Sade has some fab songs on her list - I like 'Kiss of Life', 'Your love is King' 'By your side' - these are all quite slow smoochy songs if your looking for them and the lyrics are romantic too (kiss of life is a bit quicker) I love Sade just don't think my H2B is that struck by her, I'm working on him tho!!!!! - good luck everyone x ;\)
  • DaddyorChipsDaddyorChips Posts: 9,196
    We are not having a reception but our song would be J Lo I'm Glad. I just love the words to that song.
  • MoominmummyMoominmummy Posts: 1,621
    Hi [email protected]

I did ballroom dance lessons a while ago and we used to often waltz to Moon River or Love is a Many Splendored Thing (I think that's what its called). Also we used to do the rhumba to the look of love, but the steps are basically the same as the waltz just with a more latin rhythm in the hips so I think you can waltz to that too.

Hope that helps??!
  • genukgenuk Posts: 28
    Ours is ronan keating and kate rusby ~All over again. Ben is just focusing on the Kate rusby part and neglecting to tell anyone about ronan LOL We had no idea until we were sitting in the car and heard this back in May.. we just looked at each other and knew it was the one. For the entrance music at the registry we are having Angel by massive attack. our registrar is cool image
  • Im still really stuck on ideas for our first dance anyone know of any websites I can look on for ideas?
  • LindaBukLindaBuk Posts: 41

Hi Guys,

Gald I am not the only one who doesnt have a 'song'. Word of advise though, a friend of mine had I believe in a thing called love (slowed down version) and in the middle it sped up and really ruined their dance.

Another worry to add to our lists!!! All suggestions welcome

Linda