Gramps passed away today

Hi girls

Thought I would update as many of you left me kind messages after I poured my heart out on here the other day. Grandad passed away today in his bed at home with all of his children and grandchildren around him, his good friends and Brother. He was in no pain and simply just stopped breathing in his sleep, I am heartbroken but I am so grateful he was comfortable and got his last wishes which was not to be in hospital. 

xx

• TadpoleTadpole Posts: 2,134 New bride

So very sorry to hear your sad news about your Granda. Really hope you and your family and H2B are able to look after each other at this sad time. And take comfort in the fact that your granda met your H2B and passed away knowing how well looked after you wilbling thinking of you xx

• TadpoleTadpole Posts: 2,134 New bride

*will be

• So sorry to read your sad news. Just remember you gramps would have wanted to go like that and he wouldn't want you to be sad!

It would have been a release for him and he is now at peace.

He will always be with you and part of you.

He will be witn you, guideing you on your day!

x

• deepest sympathies to you and yours

• Sorry to hear that huney xx

• Thinking of you all - God bless. Vx

• So sorry to hear this sweetie. I lost my Grandad a few weeks ago, but take comfort in the fact the end was how he wanted it and he was surrounded by love. 

If you don't mind I would love to say a prayer for you both? Will be thinking of you. 

• so very sorry to hear this image at least he was surrounded by loved and now he can finally rest in peace xx

• So sorry to hear this, as heartbreaking as it is, he is dancing with the angels now and out of pain - he will still be there on your wedding day, pride of place so proud of you.  Lots of love and hugs x x

• VictoriaoVictoriao Posts: 1,536

So sorry to hear your news. Will be thinking of you.

xxx

• So sorry for your loss. Virtual hugs. xxx

• Stephb1986Stephb1986 Posts: 2,536

Sorry for your loss, my thoughts are with you at this sad time

Steph xx

• MrsC14MrsC14 Posts: 385

Thankyou for all your kind messages. I was able to pluck up the courage and tell him that he doesn't need to worry about my wedding as I feel he hasn't let me down, far from it, he fought the disease to the very end. I told him I know he will be there in spirit xx

• So sorry honey, but im glad he was peaceful, and what a good job you've done looking after him at home.

Take care.xx