Forum home Emotional support

A letter to my friends and family

Sorry have to rant!

Dear friends and family

Im writing this letter to clear some things up. To be honest I'm finding it very stressful having everything I sort for the wedding critised.  

So friend and relatives please note:- If I tell you having something at my wedding, then I'm not really asking your opinion.Chances are in fact if I've decided on something, it wasn't a rash decision but something I've been thinking for a long time. So it's not helpful if u at this point give me your unhelpful opinion, unless you have a better suggestion.

If I say " hmmm I'm not sure on this, what do u think" then its ok to tell me your honest opinion. Otherwise please be kind and polite and think about my feelings. I know you are only trying to help, but trust me, it isn't. 

It upsets me when I show you something, (which I'm showing u because I like it) for your only comment to be a negative one. For example mum, when I showed u my make up from my trial, which I said I was really pleased with, your only comment was " I don't really like the red lips" . Not really the reaction I hoped for. 

Maid of honour. If u don't think the boleros I have bought are " Not special enough" for a wedding, then there are nicer ways to say so than " you have have to be joking right? Please?! We look like we are wearing school uniform" . I wouldn't speak to u like this, period. 

Just for your info, From now on I won't be showing u anything wedding related. 

Kind regards

Bride to be. 

• LeaBLeaB Posts: 1,706

ha this is soooooo true! i can't believe how opinionated people get over weddings, HELLO its my day not yours!

• kitten2kitten2 Posts: 2,240

Send it. People have to know sometimes. Your bloody MOH is soooo rude!! xxx

• SammiSammi Posts: 279

Sounds about right, this sort of letter needs to be issued when you announce your engagement, seroiusly people talk about bridzilla but its more like guestzilla and familyzilla!!

• VictoriaoVictoriao Posts: 1,536

It's amazing how many wedding planners you suddenly know as well!

• Mrst2b5Mrst2b5 Posts: 246

I have been amazed. I forgot to mention my moh took it upon herself to invite her mum and her mums friend to my hen. I know them and as it is her mum is a wedding guest, but I thought it alittle presumptive given they were not my list!

Im trying not let these things detract from the real reasson we are having a wedding, x

• Deep breaths! But so well said! and Sammi I love it! x