Stressed

The mums had a bit of a fall out at the hen and im now so upset and worried that the wedding day will be a totally disaster I dont know what to do!

• TadpoleTadpole Posts: 2,134 New bride

Was it a bad fall out? x

• Oh no, what happened?? Try not to worry, this is a stressful enough time as it is without adding onto your plate. Neither of them will want to ruin your and your H2B's big day. I don't know whats happened but could be worth you and H2B speaking to them both seperately to try to clear the air beforehand?

I do feel for you - our mums clash big time and I'm dreading my hen do for that very reason!

Hope your ok x

• oh no, what's happened? Could you see about getting them together for a coffee? image

• ZoeBZoeB Posts: 149

I had an argument with my mum, and the mil stepped in to try and calm the situation and ended up telling my mum to get lost to beep off! Im now not really talking to my mum and feel very upset and worried x

His mum is fine but im worried mine is going to be so upset and say something or it will just  be tension in the air! x

• Are you able to sit down with your mum sometime over the next week to clear the air? The longer its left the harder it may be to resolve

I dont think coffee will happen! Plus they dont live that near just hope on the day everyone puts their differences aside 

Yes I am going to go and see her and sort everyone had had a few drinks so was pretty drink fuelled - was the worst hen ever!

When is your wedding? Think you probably need to clear the air with your own Mum first and then hopefully your MIL will accept that it is resolved and just be normal around your Mum xx

The MIL is fine she said she is fine with my mum and will act like nothing happened and doesnt have a problem etc i guess im more worried about mine now! 3 weeks to go I really was so excited and enjoying the build up and im upset it has come to this and none of it was my fault! x

Your MIL sounds lovely anyway so don't worry about her. Definitely speak to your Mum as soon as you can - take a deep breath and get in touch with her. Thinking that the next three weeks will be stressful enough without this hanging over you and you will feel so much better after you have cleared the air. Good luck xx

• Emma  2Emma 2 Posts: 102

Sounds awful situation to be in! But the sooner you speak to your mum the better image My sister got married last year, our parents had a nasty divorce back in 2000 and have hated each other since. Throughout growning up they would have big arguments regarding me and my sister for vaarious things. We were so nervous that there would be a big atmosphere during the day or little digs, and it was the total opposite. Infact my dad even mentioned my mum in his speech ( as she had made our bridesmaid dresses). Everyone will put everything to one side and no one will want to ruin one of the most important days of you life. Get in touch with your mum, she will probably be feeling the same as you. Trust me though they cant dislike each other any more than my mum and dad and they managed to put it all behind them for one day image have a brilliant wedding!! xxx

Thanks girls gives me some hope everything will work out ok we have worked so hard for this I just don't want to be let down and get upset on the dy x

• How did it go speaking to your mum?

All sorted I think and the MIL send a card to apologise so im hoping that it will all be ok!! To be honest I will be so happy on the day and im past caring now I just hope no one will ruin my big day! xx

• Oh that sounds good. Hope you have a good time on the day.