Am I taking this too personally?

First of all, I only have myself to blame because I snooped through Fiance's emails (in my defence i was trying to access my hotmail and he'd left his open). MCame across an email between him and his Mum. My parents have invited his parents (only met a few times) and grandparents to an informal engagement tea at their house which is happening in a few weeks. No fuss, but Mum sent little notes to them all inviting them to join. I noticed in an email exchange his Mum wrote - "see you at the staging!". This is a p1sstake right? I am feeling very prickly. Am i being unreasonable??

• Mrs BakeMrs Bake Posts: 1,651

I agree with Wifey. Try not to let it bother you, it's not as if your MIL2B and fiance were bitching about you or your family. Some people just don't think like we do, and sometimes it can seem harsh but it isn't intended to hurt you.

Much loves x

• alexxxxxalexxxxx Posts: 3

thank you for your replies! I know what you mean. Just thought it was a bit of a cheek to be honest! Fancy take the mick out of someone for doing something nice for your son and future daughter in law! Spiteful cowimage. xxx

• TadpoleTadpole Posts: 2,133

What does she mean by "staging"? Don't really think she was being spiteful or anything - perhaps she was just having a little fun with her son? xx

• alexxxxxalexxxxx Posts: 3

well it means "a performance" ultimately. They're quite an arty/theatrical family so it is entirely natural for her to use a word like that. I am certain that's what she would have meant, absolutely certain. x

• Mrs BakeMrs Bake Posts: 1,651
    alexxxxx wrote (see)

thank you for your replies! I know what you mean. Just thought it was a bit of a cheek to be honest! Fancy take the mick out of someone for doing something nice for your son and future daughter in law! Spiteful cowimage. xxx

It is mean but don't let her get to you! Hugs

• heliganedenheliganeden Posts: 1,848

I think you're reading far too much into it tbh, I think she means their meeting is being staged, which is it! She wasn't being rude about anyone whatsoever, I think you're very over sensitive to read it as spiteful!!

• MrsTaylorMrsTaylor Posts: 500

I wouldn't read too much into it. At least your families meet up and get along - that's lovely image xx

• MrsKGMrsKG Posts: 403

I would rather have this than my family situation. See how she is when you all meet up. if she makes any more comments then maybe take her to one side. if not try to rise above it. x