Things were going far too smoothly!

I don't know what to do! 

H2B's uncle is on his last legs after battling cancer, it has been quite sudden, and he has only been given weeks, we get married in 4 weeks this coming Saturday.

the uncle lives in Ireland and god for bid he he does lose his life on the next few weeks, FIL2B will have to travel to Ireland for the funeral etc, I'm just worrying that the funeral will fall on our wedding day and we'll lose half our guests, now please don't take me wrong I'm not being selfish at all, but how can H2B not have his dad at the wedding?

MIL2B did say to me today that if it does fall on the wedding day that she will be coming alone image

• NuggyNuggy Posts: 527

So sorry to hear this, a death in the family is never easy image

Hopefully he will hang on a while longer so it won't affect your day and FIL2B can be there. At least MIL2B has said she'll come in the worst case scenario which is better than her accompanying her hubby to Ireland and losing both of them.

Thinking of you hun x 

• kitten2kitten2 Posts: 2,240

Funerals aren't normally on saturdays (although it might be different in Ireland) and I would hope that the family would work this round your wedding. It's not selfish at all. Any one of us would be thinking the same thing. Big hugs xxx

• HydrogirlHydrogirl Posts: 809

if most of the family are invited to the wedding i would think that (if the uncle sadly passes) at least one of them would remember about the wedding and try to arrange the funeral on another day

funerals can be roughly a week after the death so im sure there will be other days they can arrange it for - dont worry about it, i would make a special mention about him at your wedding (if you havent planned to already - maybe in OHs speech?)

• LollybearLollybear Posts: 548

My Godfather died the week before my birthday and the funeral was originally scheduled for my birthday but my Mum called my Godmother and they were happy to move it by a day (to a thursday).

I am so sorry to hear about the sad news. 

• NowMrsH2014NowMrsH2014 Posts: 345

Thank you so much ladies you've made me feel a lot better as usual.

one of h2b's aunts isn't coming because she didn't know how her brother was going to be and she is also in Ireland and quite close to him, I will talk more about it to h2b but he doesn't see it being a problem xx

H2B has made me feel better and said they will not hold the funeral on the wedding day, so A bit more relieved bows hoping he holds out as don't want it to put a dampener on the day! 

• NuggyNuggy Posts: 527

Well that's a load off your mind! Praying that things go as well as they possibly can, not an easy time.

Thank you nuggy! Trying not to stress h2b out with wedding stuff atm! But he's been so good.

not a lot to be done now, I think he's looking forward to his stag the weekend after next, so he can let his hair down xx