Lose my engagement ring

I've lost my engagement ring and I'm feeling devastated. 

I know it's somewhere in my parents house as yesterday I managed to burn my hand so took it off to put burn cream on. But also yesterday my nephew was born so I came over a visited him and in the photo of us to I was wearing it. Since there I haven't gone anywhere but it's nowhere to be seen and have searched everywhere I have been in the house including the bin. 

My wife to be is very understanding and says it's fine we can get a new one of it doesn't turn up but that was the one I was proposed to with so feel a little sad about it. 

• HydrogirlHydrogirl Posts: 809

im sure it will turn up, dont stress too much - i often put things in a 'safe place' and can never find them again so maybe have a loook at places you would put it to keep it safe? inside a purse?  is it too big and has fallen off? or just been misplaced?

one you get married your weding band will mean more to you so it might be devastating now but it wont matter as much a year or two down the line

• LeaMarieLeaMarie Posts: 723

I thought I had lost mine before, turned out I had knocked it behind the cabinet!

I'm sure it'll show up soon hun, so try not to get yourself too worked up about it x

• Well I started slimming world last week on January and have love over 2 stone and have noticed it was loser but still it won't go past my knucal. My dad took the sofa apart last night and have looked under most surfaces and searched bag and glasses case so feel really baffuled 

• LeaMarieLeaMarie Posts: 723

It will honestly show up when you least expect it in the most random place - I swear these things grow legs and hide like mischievous little monsters! lol

have faith it will turn up - only when u stop looking and commit to another ring prob (that how it seems to go with me!) i lose things all the time and they turn up as soon as i order a replacement etc i.e. in the past year my credit card has now gone missing for the 3rd time! as soon as i report it and a new one is on its way i find it in a jacket pocket :/

• Well I dout I will find it as my parents live in London and I live in birmingham so I'm only here  for a couple of nights 

• has anyone been in that could have stolen it? a cleaner perhaps?

• Good news my dad cut the material and it fell out image so happy

thats great! glad u found it!

• Spam88Spam88 Posts: 1,001

So relieved for you!  The number of times I looked at my hand to check mine was still there whilst reading this thread lol.