Forum home Emotional support

This really isn't my week!

So all the stress of h2b's uncle given his last few weeks, he sadly passed away on Monday, ive found out that sil2b's bridesmaid dress is too small, this I am livid about! As she has had it for months, just found out my nan has had a fall and not told anyone, she's got 2 black eyes and a bruised nose, she's gonna look like a battered gran at the wedding!

arghhhhh Only 14 days to go and I'm an emotional wreck! 

• NuggyNuggy Posts: 527

I'm so sorry to hear of h2b's uncle passing away. I know you were worried about family having to travel to Ireland for the funeral so hopefully everyone will be able to go and pay their respects and still be able to attend your wedding in 2 weeks. 

I'm sure after 2 weeks your Nan's bruises will have gone or at least significantly faded. Hope she's ok.

Why on earth has your bm failed to mention that her dress is too small? Is it far too small or just about passable...perhaps she thought she'd lose a little weight before your day and didn't want to worry you. She definitely should have talked to you...fingers crossed you can get this sorted. 

Sending you lots of hugs xx

• Spam88Spam88 Posts: 1,001

So sorry to hear about H2B's uncle image  And your Nan, I hope she's ok!  If a few bruises are the worst she's got - phew!  But silly her not telling anyone, i hope someone's had a stern word!

The general gist of posts on the forum tend to be that SIL2B's are not worth getting worked up over!  If the dress is too tight on the day or can't do up then that's her problem.  Nothing you can be expected to do about it at such short notice.

• NowMrsH2014NowMrsH2014 Posts: 345

Thanks ladies!

im sure my nan will be fine, she's 88 and won't admit it, she doesn't want to lose her independence and won't admit she can't cope on her own, my sister had stern words with her, I just keep thinking she must have really hit her face hard, and why not call anyone, my mum is 2 mins up the road from her! and I am about a 10 min drive! Grrrrrr

ok as for the sil2b, she has recently had surgery about 2 months ago, so I guess she has put on a bit of weight through not being able to do much, i just thought she would have made some effort to lose some! Xx

• TadpoleTadpole Posts: 2,134 New bride

Arnica for your grans bruises! think you can get pills rather than creams when it's her face xx

• NowMrsH2014NowMrsH2014 Posts: 345

Thanks toad bride, I'll give it a try xx