THE WEATHER

Hello

So my big day is fast approaching - 11 days to be exact - the big day is the 14th June. Our wedding reception is in a marquee in the grounds of a stately home near Macclesfield. And look at the weather!!!!!

I am now obsessed with checking countless long range weather forcasts for the day - which are currently ranging from cloudy to showers to rain. But how precise are they? H2B says I shouldn't look as they don't know what it will be like.

We have a proper wooden floor with a carpet and are having a clear span marquee so it should withstand even the worst weather but I want it to be sunny!!!! To make it worse, our friends got married on 17th May - the hottest day of the year so far and it was incredible. I don't want to be jealous but I am.

• SarahL1408SarahL1408 Posts: 154

It will be absolutely fine. 

You will be on such a high on your wedding day that the weather will not be a problem.  There is loads of time for the weather to change yet.  Try not to look into it too much and if it is absolutely chucking it down with rain, it will NOT ruin your day. 

• HydrogirlHydrogirl Posts: 809

the weather wont matter!

and the long range forcasts are vagely right - however my day was set to chuck it down all day and have high winds etc on all forecasts - on the actual day however it did chuck it down - it didnt care but the main thing was that it stopped raining for 1.5 hours exactly at my designated photo time!

dark clouds all day then chucked it down straight after - but it didnt matter if it even rained all day! mayeb invest in personalized umbrellas? my  mum bought us an ivory one with our names and wedding date etc on it and i loved it - brill photos doone with it too!

• laurapjlaurapj Posts: 726

The weather is my huge concern too but at the end of the day there is nothing you can do other than get brollies and things just in case. There is always the risk of rain in this country regardless if you book it in June/July or November/December unfortunately! I've been to a wet wedding in a marquee before though and it was totally fine, once you're in you don't notice. I'm sure if it does rain, it won't be constant all day either. I understand your worry but it's one thing that is totally out of your control so you just have to roll with it whatever happens and try not to dwell on it image xx 

• The weather wont matter on the day at all! I got married a month ago, and while it was dry is was freezing cold but I honestly didnt even feel it or notice as I was just so happy! The weather is the one thing you just cannot control so its not worth wasting your time or energy worrying about it, concentrate on the things you can control and thats all that will matter image Plus you can get some absolutely beautiful pictures when its raining, so maybe embrace it!

http://www.bespoke-bride.com/2012/09/24/10-photos-to-have-if-it-rains-on-your-big-day/

x

• BexgreenBexgreen Posts: 505

Why are you worried about it you cant do anything about it? 

• It rained on my wedding day and I barely noticed. We still went outside with umbrellas for bridal party photos (I bought them to match our colour scheme so they looked fab in the pictures), my dress got soaked and I didn't give it a second thought. It's hard to imagine now but you'll be so happy on the day, I promise that a bit of bad weather won't have any impact at all! Don't worry about something you can't control.

• catlover64ukcatlover64uk Posts: 1,149

There is absolutely NOTHING you can do about the weather!  Surely you have more important things to be worrying about?

It rained on my wedding day too.  Sunny and warm all week, up to and including the morning of the wedding.  It rained from the time I got back from the hairdresser's.  And guess what?  It didn't do anything to detract from the day.

Of course you do know it's lucky to have rain on your wedding day, don't you?

• KK12KK12 Posts: 927

I'm getting married in the same day - I tend to find accuweather.com is the best for predicting what it's going to do much better than the BBC forecast! Luckily for me, I have a wedding gift business and I sell wedding umbrellas so I will be taking one of mine for the day as I want pics with it and if it does rain, you can always use an umbrella afterwards.

Clouds look good on wedding photos, much better than squinting into blazing sun - your photographer should come up with ideas so don't worry! x