I can't take much more...
I have reached my breaking point, after months of planning and only 4 days to go I am an emotional wreak. I even spent hours trying to talk OH into cancelling the wedding and eloping as I can't cope any more.
Here are but a few of the things that have happened in the last week.
My parents are divorced and barely on speaking terms so the plan was that my mum was going to take me to the church and my dad walk me down the aisle. My dad has now decided he wants to come to the house before the wedding and wait outside so he can come in the car. This left my mum with no way to get the the church - result is we've had to spend an extra £200 on another car. I think this was my aunts doing as he told me she would bring him to the house, she can drop him off but I will not have her stepping foot in my mums house.
I'd like to say that said aunty has only spoken to me when I have called her, I have not seen her in 12 months and she threatened that non of my dads family (including her) would be coming to the wedding as I wasn't able to accommodate the 16 cousins, partners and kids on her side and proceeded to stir the pot by asking my dads wife (the woman he left my mum for) how many people were coming on my mums side to get her way.
Had to speak to dads wife who has proceeded to hurl abuse down the phone at me for 30 min solid (I didn't interrupt) about:
- how disrespectful I have been to my father and how upset he is that I haven't included him in the wedding planning - every time I have asked his opinion on something he has said he doesn't know, it's up to me and I have let him have his say and organise the things he wanted like chair covers (I wasn't going to have them), choosing the wine etc
- how I haven't told him anything - yes I have he just doesn't pass it on to you, I told him 2 months ago where the flowers will be the morning of the wedding
- my aunty should be coming with me from the house with my dad??!!!!!
- my aunty is worried about her flowers - I let this slide but she is in for a shock as I haven't ordered her any, we're keeping it to immediate family parents only
- that I should have asked her parents to the wedding as they are my dads in laws?!
and to top it all she kept saying 'as he's paying for the wedding' but he's not, yes he gave us some money towards it but myself and OH have saved for this, my mum, grandma and OH's parents have all contributed to this. I felt like saying if the money was only for control and his say then he can have it back (we've kept it separately from the wedding fund) as we paid for it without his money. The sad thing is my dad will probably never know about her rant and would be deeply upset if I returned the money, I told him all along that we didn't need him to pay and he said that was okay and to put it towards something else (a house deposit).
I've had a phone call from FMIL who kindly offered to make the cake to say that the icing won't go smooth so she has ribbed the entire cake but not to worry it'll look fine when she's finished. So I'm not getting the perfectly smooth plain iced cake we asked for (it was only plain as I wasn't convinced anything else would turn out as it can be quite hit and miss with her designs) instead from google images all I can see are cakes that personally I don't like.
I'm sorry for the long rant, I guess I just want to know if I'm being silly and overly emotional over this?