RSVPs :(

Now...I know that my wedding is not as important to anyone else as me, I get that.
I also know that RSVPs are a pain in the proverbial.

However, I feel really saddened by a couple of people's responses to me chasing them for a reply.  Everyone who was invited to the day has replied with lovely messages, as have many evening people.

However, with the deadline up for evening rsvps I sent some texts politely saying that we really needed numbers and were they able to come?

One girl (who got married last year and I replied STRAIGHTAWAY to her evening do invite) replied saying hadn't checked date and would get back to me.  She hasn't got back to me, she has asked other friends (who are invited to the day) if they are going.

Another replied asking what the date was... errr on the invite?!

I just don't understand it - they have had the invites for over 6 weeks, if they are not that fussed just say no, don't prat around replying?!

• MrsE2be2014MrsE2be2014 Posts: 1,458

I totally understand day invites werent a problem and we received 99% of them back no issues! Evening invites which RSVP deadline is 15th Sept we are still awaiting on around 50ppl and they have had them for about 4 weeks already!

I think us brides know how important this stuff is so when we get an invite nowadays we act upon it and sort ASAP and make more of an effort where as people not hugely involved or havent been through it dont necessarily feel it as important! If that makes sense!? x

• It totally makes sense!  I guess I always reply straightaway, that's the kind of person I am, so my expectations are far too high image

We are waiting on 40 people for evening invites too, GRRRRRRRRRRR!

• SheandHimSheandHim Posts: 379

That's really annoying. Remember that it's the summer holidays so those with kids are probably pulling their hair out and not even thinking about RSVPing currently. Give it until they kids go back to school and see what happens then. However if they don't have children then they're being really naughty.

Perhaps send an email/text to those who haven't come back to you saying that you really want them there however if they don't let you know by XYZ then you're going to have to presume that they're not coming and they will not be catered for.

• Victoria25Victoria25 Posts: 250

We've had barely any of our evening invites RSVP'd to.  Like everyone here I now make sure I reply to invites as soon as I get them.

What's annoyed me with our invites is that people have been asking what they should do about gifts.  We've opened up a Honeyfund account and all the details have been attached to the invite (hole punch, ribbon and luggage tag).  I even wrote a poem on every single one!  Makes me wonder we bother!

• @Sheandhim - hehe not only do they not have children, they are teachers like me so have had 6 weeks off!!!!! image you are right - I will do that.  One I have already said I need to know by sunday, the others I will do just that.

@Victoria - grr that is very frustrating!!! I know what you mean about why do we bother?!  Especially when someone asks what date it is - might as well have invited by text!!!!

On the plus side, the people who HAVE replied have been so lovely and sent beautiful cards with how much they are looking forward to the wedding - to be honest I am thinking I would rather it was just them!!!

• VicNVicN Posts: 1,352

We got a few RSVP 'yes'es to the night do and then they didn't bother turning up! Likewise some who didn't RSVP and came!

Day do invites weren't a problem at all - 100% returns. 

It's so rude - it's really not hard to look at the calendar, see if you're free, tick a box and send it back in the post! Or if that really is too hard, send a text, email or ring the person!

• MrsTaylorMrsTaylor Posts: 500

People just don't value evening invites as much as day invites unfortunately, so they don't want to tie themselves down to an evening ages in advance. My advise would be to tell them there is a cut off date, and you need to know by then, as if you aren't aware they are coming by that specific date, you will not be able to accommodate them

• Beth90Beth90 Posts: 284

they obviously aren't fussed on coming, so I would therefore reply saying sorry it's past the deadline now so you're taking their lack of response as a "decline". I wouldn't want people who aren't arsed about coming to feel they HAVE to come. I also wouldn't want to spend extra money on them!